It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:52 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
Hmmm

:lol:

When you global warming alarmists are done gargling on the Kool Aid, let me know what you think.

Richter? :lol:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Inside Her Pants
Bill Chapman, a researcher with the Arctic Climate Center at the University of Illinois, says the rapid increase is "no big deal". He says that, while the Arctic has certainly been colder in recent months, the long-term decrease is still ongoing. Chapman, who predicts that sea ice will soon stop growing, sees nothing in the recent data to contradict predictions of global warming. :doh:

_________________
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:47 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
Well, if Bill Chapman says it then it must be true. I'm sorry. :roll:

Face it: It's a SCAM.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:33 pm 
Online
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8239
Location: Long Island, NY
Thank god for all the OTHER countries that did something about controlling greenhouse emissions while former-president Bush was busy fighting revenge wars against Iraq and being a puppet for Cheney and Co.

There's still much work to be done though, for starters the US getting involved in similar controls by way of reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

And by the way, if you don't like a socially responsible administration, then get the hell out. I'm sure there's plenty of room for you in a country more understanding of your backwards ideology, like Iran for example.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:48 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:13 pm
Posts: 479
Location: Dirt Cheap
glen a richter wrote:
Thank god for all the OTHER countries that did something about controlling greenhouse emissions while former-president Bush was busy fighting revenge wars against Iraq and being a puppet for Cheney and Co.

There's still much work to be done though, for starters the US getting involved in similar controls by way of reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

And by the way, if you don't like a socially responsible administration, then get the hell out. I'm sure there's plenty of room for you in a country more understanding of your backwards ideology, like Iran for example.


Whoa! What happend to ZERO political talk? Way to ruin a non-political thread richter.

_________________
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:34 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
Rohan wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Thank god for all the OTHER countries that did something about controlling greenhouse emissions while former-president Bush was busy fighting revenge wars against Iraq and being a puppet for Cheney and Co.

There's still much work to be done though, for starters the US getting involved in similar controls by way of reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

And by the way, if you don't like a socially responsible administration, then get the hell out. I'm sure there's plenty of room for you in a country more understanding of your backwards ideology, like Iran for example.


Whoa! What happend to ZERO political talk? Way to ruin a non-political thread richter.


Like the topic isn't political anyhow?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
It's not political unless asshats make it political.

I think global warming is bullshit. No politics in that take.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:24 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Inside Her Pants
goon attack wrote:
It's not political unless asshats make it political.

I think global warming is bullshit. No politics in that take.



unfortunately you intended it to become political when you posted it,otherwise you would not have posted it.just a guess. have a nice day.

_________________
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:48 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Posts: 6939
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH
goon attack wrote:
It's not political unless asshats make it political.

I think global warming is bullshit. No politics in that take.



It may be, and it may not be. I'm not a scientist, nor do I pretend to know all of the facts that support either side. My personal stance on it has always been that if we can reduce pollution or reduce the amount of crap that we're putting in the air, it's a great thing anyway, regardless of whether it's contributing to a greater 'global warming' or not. My allergies are a beeotch this year, and anything that helps lessen that, I'm all for. :lol:

I guess part of the confliction is that I think that a shift to a more industrial and manufacturing based economy would be a great thing. Yeah, we have those things, but not to the extent that we used to. Unfortunately, crap being spewed in the air is a product of that, but I'm sure that people smarter than I can develop ways to make that cleaner.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
Ruutu15 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
It's not political unless asshats make it political.

I think global warming is bullshit. No politics in that take.



It may be, and it may not be. I'm not a scientist, nor do I pretend to know all of the facts that support either side. My personal stance on it has always been that if we can reduce pollution or reduce the amount of crap that we're putting in the air, it's a great thing anyway, regardless of whether it's contributing to a greater 'global warming' or not. My allergies are a beeotch this year, and anything that helps lessen that, I'm all for. :lol:


Yeah, but let's not lie about it, mmkay? I have severe allergies too and I agree with you but why can't we just say "pollution is bad mmkay, so let's reduce it?"

But I think you know my main problem with it is that it's become a cult almost. It's being fed to our children and most people accept it because, you know, "Al Gore couldn't be wrong about something!" :roll: :lol:

Quote:
I guess part of the confliction is that I think that a shift to a more industrial and manufacturing based economy would be a great thing. Yeah, we have those things, but not to the extent that we used to. Unfortunately, crap being spewed in the air is a product of that, but I'm sure that people smarter than I can develop ways to make that cleaner.


Some would argue that we have "better" (meaning more white collar/professional) jobs now but the rub is that if some other country that supplies us with something decides to screw us, we can't make it ourselves quickly.

Global economy!!!!!! :doh: :roll: 8)

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20496
Location: Center Ice
This can easily slip into politics...so keep it clean guys.

Politics will not be popping up in the OT forum.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
:roll:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20496
Location: Center Ice
goon attack wrote:
:roll:


Boo hoo.

You'll get over it.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:24 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
I'm just wondering when you're going to have a kid so you can quit treating us like your children.
:lol:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20496
Location: Center Ice
goon attack wrote:
I'm just wondering when you're going to have a kid so you can quit treating us like your children.
:lol:


Stop acting like children and I'll stop treating you like them.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:17 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:13 pm
Posts: 479
Location: Dirt Cheap
cprice12 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
I'm just wondering when you're going to have a kid so you can quit treating us like your children.
:lol:


Stop acting like children and I'll stop treating you like them.


Richter started it.

_________________
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:37 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Inside Her Pants
goon attack wrote:
Well, if Bill Chapman says it then it must be true. I'm sorry. :roll:

Face it: It's a SCAM.



Why do you believe its not true,lets hear your reason.

_________________
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Inside Her Pants
goon attack wrote:
Well, if Bill Chapman says it then it must be true. I'm sorry. :roll:

Face it: It's a SCAM.



your the one who posted the piece did you even read it?

_________________
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:44 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17146
Of course I didn't read it. :moran:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3177
Location: Inside Her Pants
goon attack wrote:
Of course I'm a :moran:







fixed

_________________
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group