It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
Image
Image

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
Image

i tried to find a picture of a dog with a grill in, but to no avail.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
stinkdified wrote:
Image

i tried to find a picture of a dog with a grill in, but to no avail.



Well try harder..

Whatever it takes.

Image

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20545
Location: Center Ice
Update on Sam.
He seems to be slowly getting his hearing back.

This morning he could hear key words, like "Where's your ball?.... Wanna go for a ride? ...Want a treat?"
I said these things to him while we were outside and while his back was to me so he couldn't see me talking...he immediately turned around and started jumping up and down and getting excited and started barking, like he used to when he'd hear those words.
So that's encouraging.

My wife said she thought he was hearing things today as well, like car doors outside and stuff like that.

Hopefully things continue to improve. :okman:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:43 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Posts: 6939
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH
glen a richter wrote:
7 years ago we took our dog to the vet to board for thanksgiving while we went to visit my sister. We left very specific directions with the vet regarding his medicine dosages and times to give the meds. When we returned, we found that our dog and 7 others had died because they threw out the papers we'd all provided with medicine information and went based on a poorly created "big board" that they transferred all the information to--incorrectly.

I know a vet, personally, who said recently that when he got out of school, he had interviewed at that particular office and on the interview was told that the office policy was to "give animals vaccinations whether they need them or not because vaccinations bring in money." Some scumbag bastards at that office. Suffice to say he walked out of his interview and is now in private practice.


If it were my Beagle and he died at the vet, regardless of the reason, the end result would be a very passionate ass-beating. I'd go to jail with no regrets.

Curt- Glad to hear that your dog has his hearing back :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9716
Location: Billings, MT
cprice12 wrote:
Update on Sam.
He seems to be slowly getting his hearing back.

This morning he could hear key words, like "Where's your ball?.... Wanna go for a ride? ...Want a treat?"
I said these things to him while we were outside and while his back was to me so he couldn't see me talking...he immediately turned around and started jumping up and down and getting excited and started barking, like he used to when he'd hear those words.
So that's encouraging.

My wife said she thought he was hearing things today as well, like car doors outside and stuff like that.

Hopefully things continue to improve. :okman:



Well that's definitely good news.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 am
Posts: 50
my parents took their 9-year-old shepherd mix to get a teeth cleaning about a year ago. he had a history of kidney issues but no one really thought much of it. long story short, he made it through the cleaning and woke up a bit afterward but never shook the grogginess and subsequently died. they suspect that his body couldn't get rid of the chemicals. it was pretty shitty because he was an awesome dog.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
Glad to hear he is doing better. I have a female black lab that will be 12 in April. She is in about as good health as you can expect. She has only gone under twice. To get spaded when she was about 6 months old, and she had a tumor in her lower ab removed at about 10 years old. The vet always checks her teeth, but for some reason, they are still shinny white to the gums without cleaning.

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20545
Location: Center Ice
Ruutu15 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
7 years ago we took our dog to the vet to board for thanksgiving while we went to visit my sister. We left very specific directions with the vet regarding his medicine dosages and times to give the meds. When we returned, we found that our dog and 7 others had died because they threw out the papers we'd all provided with medicine information and went based on a poorly created "big board" that they transferred all the information to--incorrectly.

I know a vet, personally, who said recently that when he got out of school, he had interviewed at that particular office and on the interview was told that the office policy was to "give animals vaccinations whether they need them or not because vaccinations bring in money." Some scumbag bastards at that office. Suffice to say he walked out of his interview and is now in private practice.


If it were my Beagle and he died at the vet, regardless of the reason, the end result would be a very passionate ass-beating. I'd go to jail with no regrets.

Curt- Glad to hear that your dog has his hearing back :)


Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if that happened. I was really upset just over loss of hearing. If my dog had died...ugh. I'd be sick. Especially over taking him in for an optional type procedure like a teeth cleaning.

And let's not jump the gun, he doesn't have his hearing back yet...but it seems to be coming back little by little and he is definitely hearing some things right now. At any rate, good news. And thank you.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:41 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
section319 wrote:
stinkdified wrote:
Image
i tried to find a picture of a dog with a grill in, but to no avail.

Well try harder..
Whatever it takes.
Image

Image

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
stinkdified wrote:
section319 wrote:
stinkdified wrote:
Image
i tried to find a picture of a dog with a grill in, but to no avail.

Well try harder..
Whatever it takes.
Image

Image



See I knew you could do it.. Good shit..

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20545
Location: Center Ice
It looks like Sam's hearing is almost back to normal. It seems like it's 85% back or so, and getting a little better each day.

That's a pretty big relief. I felt so bad for him...but he didn't seem to mind. :lol:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:13 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9716
Location: Billings, MT
cprice12 wrote:
It looks like Sam's hearing is almost back to normal. It seems like it's 85% back or so, and getting a little better each day.

That's a pretty big relief. I felt so bad for him...but he didn't seem to mind. :lol:


Could it be that he never actually lost his hearing in the first place and was just pissed that you took him to the vet?

A canine cold shoulder if you will...?

:wink:

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:00 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
ViPeRx007 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
It looks like Sam's hearing is almost back to normal. It seems like it's 85% back or so, and getting a little better each day.

That's a pretty big relief. I felt so bad for him...but he didn't seem to mind. :lol:


Could it be that he never actually lost his hearing in the first place and was just pissed that you took him to the vet?

A canine cold shoulder if you will...?

:wink:


THIS.

He was probably pissed due to the whole teeth cleaning thing and eating turds, kinda like humans don't like the taste of orange juice right after brushing. Just a thought.

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:46 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5489
Location: Section 306
stlbluz wrote:
THIS.

He was probably pissed due to the whole teeth cleaning thing and eating turds, kinda like humans don't like the taste of orange juice right after brushing. Just a thought.


:lol: :lol:

Just saw this thread... good to hear the dog's coming around.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group