It is currently Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20612
Location: Center Ice
Looks pretty damn cool if you ask me. :lol:
It can be yours...starting bid, $300k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Cave-Home-over-15-000-sf-Beautiful-setting_W0QQitemZ330306913609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZResidential?hash=item330306913609&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralObject=1048019284

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
That is pretty (Franking) awesome.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:45 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9720
Location: Billings, MT
I'd live there.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:18 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
Taking the Man Cave to a whole new level.

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 27093
Location: Section 301
The idea to build a house there was awesome... but the execution was kinda meh.

_________________
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20612
Location: Center Ice
OS wrote:
The idea to build a house there was awesome... but the execution was kinda meh.


I don't think it's done. He mentions it still needs trim work and finishing touches.

Photos never do a house justice anyway.

It's a 15,000 square foot house that sits on 3 acres and it's only $300k. I'd like to see it in person.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:59 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:13 pm
Posts: 479
Location: Dirt Cheap
The article on stltoday qutoed him as saying that the place wouldn't be for a "neat freak". There's a fine dust that falls down constantly and there's multiple leaks from underground rivers. Besides that, it's pretty kick ass.

_________________
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:57 am
Posts: 1911
Location: Herculaneum, Missouri
This cave home is behind a shop 'n save. It is only 2 two minutes from Festus Main Street. It is by no means, secluded.

_________________
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!



Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20612
Location: Center Ice
Rohan wrote:
The article on stltoday qutoed him as saying that the place wouldn't be for a "neat freak". There's a fine dust that falls down constantly and there's multiple leaks from underground rivers. Besides that, it's pretty kick ass.


Yeah...no thanks. Pass.
I'm not a neat freak, but who wants to deal with falling dust and leaks from rivers?

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:35 pm
Posts: 15
cprice12 wrote:
Rohan wrote:
The article on stltoday qutoed him as saying that the place wouldn't be for a "neat freak". There's a fine dust that falls down constantly and there's multiple leaks from underground rivers. Besides that, it's pretty kick ass.


Yeah...no thanks. Pass.
I'm not a neat freak, but who wants to deal with falling dust and leaks from rivers?


This.

If there is constant dust falling and water moving in there it sounds to me like the earth it is encased in is moving and mother nature wants to reclaim her hill. I bet the insurance on that place is retarded.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20612
Location: Center Ice
Ruzan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Rohan wrote:
The article on stltoday qutoed him as saying that the place wouldn't be for a "neat freak". There's a fine dust that falls down constantly and there's multiple leaks from underground rivers. Besides that, it's pretty kick ass.


Yeah...no thanks. Pass.
I'm not a neat freak, but who wants to deal with falling dust and leaks from rivers?


This.

If there is constant dust falling and water moving in there it sounds to me like the earth it is encased in is moving and mother nature wants to reclaim her hill. I bet the insurance on that place is retarded.


I dunno about that. That just sounds like things that happen in caves.

But for $300k, you can build a very nice brand new house that isn't dusty and leaking water. Those are two major problems I wouldn't want to deal with EVERY DAY.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
I'd get over those things. But if I did have to deal with them I'd want to drop less than 300k to live way the eff out in Festus. I love the concept.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5492
Location: Section 306
I read an article about the place. He's got 4 commercial dehumidifiers running nonstop in there to keep the humidity in the low 70% range. Said something like he pulls over 300 gallons of water out of the air per day.

:shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20612
Location: Center Ice
Prngr44 wrote:
I read an article about the place. He's got 4 commercial dehumidifiers running nonstop in there to keep the humidity in the low 70% range. Said something like he pulls over 300 gallons of water out of the air per day.

:shock:


So the heating and cooling bills are low, but the electric bill is sky high.

Got it.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:25 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3327
Location: Portland Orygun
cprice12 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
I read an article about the place. He's got 4 commercial dehumidifiers running nonstop in there to keep the humidity in the low 70% range. Said something like he pulls over 300 gallons of water out of the air per day.

:shock:


So the heating and cooling bills are low, but the electric bill is sky high.

Got it.


He says (in the questions section) that the monthly electric is roughly $300.00 a month.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
Sorry guys.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090310/ap_ ... /cave_home

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:57 am
Posts: 1911
Location: Herculaneum, Missouri
The cave house is next to a nasty junk yard.

_________________
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!



Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Quote:
"We're excited about it." To celebrate: "We're throwing a party at a friend's cave," he said.


There is another cave house.. :shock:

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group