goon attack wrote:
Curt- you keep talking about "everything you do"
what is it you do on the computer that you need windows for?
Just off the top of my head...
- Last year when we had Netflix, we couldn't take advantage of their online streaming service on a mac. That may have changed now though.
- Tivo remote desktop doesn't work on a Mac.
- Our Luminis Content Management System at SIUE...not Mac compatible. Pretty big deal for me since that is a lot of my job.
- The kick ass Pro Show Producer slideshow program (probably the best slideshow program out there), is not Mac compatible...and I use it often at work & home.
- Tournament Director ...it's a free poker league manager. A great program that I use to run my poker league and run the blinds timer...not Mac compatible.
- I will occasionally upgrade my monitors or add an internal DVD drive or add another internal hard drive or two... you can't do that with an Mac unless you buy a tower that costs over two grand.
- Not to mention numerous other small freeware programs that I depend on daily, some of which don't have a good Mac equivalent that is also free.
A Mac just won't work for me. But if it works for you and you don't mind the higher price tag...then more power too ya.
I just think you're paying more and getting a machine that does less.