Let's Go Blues :: Let's Talk TV Shows
Let's Go Blues
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/

Let's Talk TV Shows
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27831
Page 8 of 13

Author:  cprice12 [ Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Completely underwhelming season final (and season) from The Walking Dead.


Agreed. I keep reading how everyone thought this season was so great....I thought it was terrible.

The 2nd to last episode gave me a little hope for the finale.....but, of course, it was a let down.


My favorite season has been #2 so far...the one that everyone said was the worst. I thought it was the best...easily.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

I'm churning through Mad Men right now. I'm into Season 5. Really good show, I thought the show was going to be more linear, but I really enjoy how they jump ahead weeks/months at a time and don't just concentrate one period of time.

Author:  cprice12 [ Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

dmiles2186 wrote:
I'm churning through Mad Men right now. I'm into Season 5. Really good show, I thought the show was going to be more linear, but I really enjoy how they jump ahead weeks/months at a time and don't just concentrate one period of time.


I've kind of been bored recently with Mad Men.
I think they are spreading themselves too thin. Too many story lines going on.
Peggy at a different agency... Betty living a new life... Peter and his wife more or less separated... Don's kids are barely on the show anymore... Roger only has a few lines an episode... etc.

And it's moving way too slow now. Get Peggy back at SDCP. Don needs to get caught cheating and whatsherface needs to ditch Don.
Cut ties with Betty...she is nothing on the show anymore. I don't give a rat's ass about her situation.
Give Roger more lines.

I dunno... I still like the show, but it has changed so much...I like it better the way it was before.

Author:  Portland Blues [ Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

How's everyone feeling about the upcoming Arrested Development episodes?

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I'm churning through Mad Men right now. I'm into Season 5. Really good show, I thought the show was going to be more linear, but I really enjoy how they jump ahead weeks/months at a time and don't just concentrate one period of time.


I've kind of been bored recently with Mad Men.
I think they are spreading themselves too thin. Too many story lines going on.
Peggy at a different agency... Betty living a new life... Peter and his wife more or less separated... Don's kids are barely on the show anymore... Roger only has a few lines an episode... etc.

And it's moving way too slow now. Get Peggy back at SDCP. Don needs to get caught cheating and whatsherface needs to ditch Don.
Cut ties with Betty...she is nothing on the show anymore. I don't give a rat's ass about her situation.
Give Roger more lines.

I dunno... I still like the show, but it has changed so much...I like it better the way it was before.


They definitely got Peggy back and I thought Sunday's episode was one of the strangest episodes ever. Cosgrove's dance was absolutely hysterical.

I'm with you on roger. He's got a golden line every episode, but he just doesn't get enough to do anymore.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Portland Blues wrote:
How's everyone feeling about the upcoming Arrested Development episodes?


I haven't had Netflix in over two years, debating getting it so I can watch the new episodes. I figure they'll release season 4 on DVD, but I could be wrong. If they are, I might just wait for that.

Author:  Portland Blues [ Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

dmiles2186 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
How's everyone feeling about the upcoming Arrested Development episodes?


I haven't had Netflix in over two years, debating getting it so I can watch the new episodes. I figure they'll release season 4 on DVD, but I could be wrong. If they are, I might just wait for that.


Took a few episodes to get rolling but thought overall it was pretty good. Lots of funny lines and some great cameos.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Breaking Bad. FTMFW. 3 episodes left. If they stick the landing, it's going to goo down as one of the best final seasons ever.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

We're all hockey fans here (obviously) and for those of you who are also Breaking Bad fans, I'm sure you noticed Walt watching a hockey game at a bar during last night's episode.

SI figured out which game it was. Friggin' awesome.

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/23/l ... from-1998/

Author:  abc789987 [ Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

How about the ending to Dexter! Wasn't that one of the best endings evar!!! :facepalm:

Author:  cprice12 [ Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

abc789987 wrote:
How about the ending to Dexter! Wasn't that one of the best endings evar!!! :facepalm:


It just didn't make much sense.
I don't know.
I'm not sure what it even means or what they were trying to say.
I get why he killed Deb...but stealing her body and dumping it in the ocean? I don't get that at all.
And I'm also not comfortable with him abandoning his son and dumping him on Hannah. He said he didn't need his dark passenger anymore...so why not live out his life in Argentina? After that realization, I don't get why he tries to kill himself, and then lives out his life as a logger and abandons Harrison and Hannah?
That couldn't have been the best possible ending. It kind sucked...and left me with a ...."huh?" feeling when it was over.

Surely Breaking Bad will show everyone how it's done on Sunday. :okman:

Author:  cardsfan04 [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

WARNING: SPOILERS IN THIS POST (not sure what protocol for spoilers is here)













Talk about finales ranging the spectrum. Dexter might be the worst finale I've ever seen. I mean, that was to be expected because it has sucked since Trinity. But, it was especially awful. Dexter really took her off life support w/o anybody noticing, carried her out of the hospital in broad daylight (again without anybody noticing) and was able to carry her to his boat which apparently was parked in a personal parking space. It's like they just said "(Frank) it, who cares about the details?" Then the last scene, well, whatever. I guess I just don't care at this point, but it was awful. I read somewhere that the director or producer (somebody anyway) for seasons 1-4 wanted to have him on the execution table with everybody he killed watching him, showing that the entire 8 season show was his life flashing before his eyes as he was about to die. That would have been much better than this.

Then, Breaking Bad was fantastic. I mean, predictable as hell. But, that's not always a bad thing. It was still quite suspenseful. A twist could have been nice, but I can't think of a way they could have pulled off a twist that seemed believable. I think predictable was the way to go. I really liked how they dealt with Jesse/Walt at the end. Walt clearly still cares about him, so he saved Jesse before the massacre. But, the best part of it was the exchange when Walt asks Jesse to kill him. Jesse could have and I'm sure it would have felt great. But, I loved the act of defiance. The whole reason he turned on Walt is that he was sick of being used and Walt feeling like Jesse had to obey him. So, somehow not killing him was a bigger "(Frank) you" than killing him would have been.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

The bastards finally did it. They cancelled 'Community.'

Author:  cardsfan04 [ Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

The Knick premiered on Cinemax last week. It was really good, but fairly graphic. It follows a surgeon in a hospital in 1900. I didn't really ever watch House, but I get the impression that it's a more graphic version of House set in 1900, more or less.

The Leftovers on HBO is good, but reminds me of Lost in the sense that it reveals a bunch of mysteries and plays on those themes, but takes its time explaining them.

Author:  JesusNEVERexisted [ Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

It seems the cancelling of the "Crazy Ones" added to Robin Williams depression and could've hastened his suicide. It was a comedy on CBS and lasted only one season. Never heard of it.

Dallas starts up again next week!

Author:  F Keenan [ Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
It seems the cancelling of the "Crazy Ones" added to Robin Williams depression and could've hastened his suicide. It was a comedy on CBS and lasted only one season. Never heard of it.

Dallas starts up again next week!


Image

Author:  cardsfan04 [ Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
It seems the cancelling of the "Crazy Ones" added to Robin Williams depression and could've hastened his suicide. It was a comedy on CBS and lasted only one season. Never heard of it.

Dallas starts up again next week!


Image


LOL, Goosebumps!!! I used to read the shit out of those when I was 10.

Author:  dmiles2186 [ Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

This starts in a little over a month, I believe. Looks outstanding.


Author:  ComradeT [ Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

So... Anyone watching Blacklist or Grimm?

Author:  JesusNEVERexisted [ Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

cardsfan04 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
It seems the cancelling of the "Crazy Ones" added to Robin Williams depression and could've hastened his suicide. It was a comedy on CBS and lasted only one season. Never heard of it.

Dallas starts up again next week!


Image


LOL, Goosebumps!!! I used to read the shit out of those when I was 10.


Remember Archie comics and Riverdale High? I read those as a kid. Dallas was AXED by TNT after 3 seasons! The main writer Cynthia Cidre hijacked the show with too many Mexican storylines and they lost 75% of their viewers since season 1! Many original Dallas fans were disenchanted & disillusioned.

Page 8 of 13 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/