ummm, you shoot the puck with a stick that is held by your...feet? No. Your hand. Same as hitting a baseball. You do so with a bat which is held by ?????
Never said they aren't great athletes, just that they use their skills in a stupid game.
When they talk about stupid stuff in hockey like enlarging the goal to increase scoring I always argue that a great save is one more display of athleticism. Increasing scoring opportunities is what I'm in favor. And that would help soccer too.
You're saying hockey is more similar to baseball than soccer?
Here you go...
- The playing surface is divided into two halves.
- One team starts on one half, the other starts on the other half.
- The game starts at the center of the playing surface.
- Both teams are defending a goal.
- Players try to get "the object" into the opposing goal, past the other team's defense and goaltender.
- The object of the game is to score more goals than the other team.
- In an overtime situation, a shootout may occur.
- Possession is emphasized and players pass the object around, trying to set up a play where another player can get in good position to try and score a goal.
- The officiating is terrible.
- Penalties are called for infractions during the game which can render a team shorthanded.
- Players often embellish contact (or dive) to draw a penalty.
Which sport am I referring to...soccer or hockey?
2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller