It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:05 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
dmiles2186 wrote:
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.


Hoping the Birds take the first two and are going for the sweep Sunday night. I'm sitting second row right behind the plate and want get in on the action if there is another brawl right there this year!!!!

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Brandon Phillips is so dern clever!

From the Tweeter:

Quote:
FIRST POST: Just landed in St. Louis! (Sad face) ... But these wins will make me happy! On our way 2 the hotel & I hope its not Hilton at the BallPark! Lol

SECOND POST: My teammates ask me if I knew where some good places 2 eat at in St. Louis! I said, “Yea, come with me 2 the store 2 get some Lunchables!”


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.


Hoping the Birds take the first two and are going for the sweep Sunday night. I'm sitting second row right behind the plate and want get in on the action if there is another brawl right there this year!!!!


Nice, so you'll be one of those tools on TV talking on your phone the whole time? :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8269
Location: Long Island, NY
Votto > Poo-holes

Reds sweep

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.


Hoping the Birds take the first two and are going for the sweep Sunday night. I'm sitting second row right behind the plate and want get in on the action if there is another brawl right there this year!!!!


Nice, so you'll be one of those tools on TV talking on your phone the whole time? :mrgreen:



No, I've sat there a few times. I have to admit though that it's awesome to sit all the way done there and have brought a camera and taken pitchers before the game. The best part (if you come early) is interacting with the guys. I've got to meet and talk to McGwire, Gaetti, Brock, Ozzie, TLR, and Griffy Jr, and I don't mean just standing there in line and getting an autograph, I mean having a conversation, and IMO that's pretty cool.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:43 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8269
Location: Long Island, NY
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.


Hoping the Birds take the first two and are going for the sweep Sunday night. I'm sitting second row right behind the plate and want get in on the action if there is another brawl right there this year!!!!


Nice, so you'll be one of those tools on TV talking on your phone the whole time? :mrgreen:



No, I've sat there a few times. I have to admit though that it's awesome to sit all the way done there and have brought a camera and taken pitchers before the game. The best part (if you come early) is interacting with the guys. I've got to meet and talk to McGwire, Gaetti, Brock, Ozzie, TLR, and Griffy Jr, and I don't mean just standing there in line and getting an autograph, I mean having a conversation, and IMO that's pretty cool.


Did you get to inject McGwire too?

I kid.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:28 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
glen a richter wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Game 1: Friday @ 7:15 PM on FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 3:10 on Fox
Game 3: Sun @ 7:05 on ESPN

Big series. Huge series. Watch out or a Reds player might kick you in the back of the head and end your career.


Hoping the Birds take the first two and are going for the sweep Sunday night. I'm sitting second row right behind the plate and want get in on the action if there is another brawl right there this year!!!!


Nice, so you'll be one of those tools on TV talking on your phone the whole time? :mrgreen:



No, I've sat there a few times. I have to admit though that it's awesome to sit all the way done there and have brought a camera and taken pitchers before the game. The best part (if you come early) is interacting with the guys. I've got to meet and talk to McGwire, Gaetti, Brock, Ozzie, TLR, and Griffy Jr, and I don't mean just standing there in line and getting an autograph, I mean having a conversation, and IMO that's pretty cool.


Did you get to inject McGwire too?

I kid.


McGwire is all you take away from that? Dude met the man, the myth, the legend--Gary Gaetti. He of the skullet, the nose and the pure machismo. Gary Gaetti can make panties drop from up to 20 miles away...just by breathing. :grin:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
dmiles2186 wrote:
McGwire is all you take away from that? Dude met the man, the myth, the legend--Gary Gaetti. He of the skullet, the nose and the pure machismo. Gary Gaetti can make panties drop from up to 20 miles away...just by breathing. :grin:


Who doesn't love the Jack Man? He may not be the biggest name ever, but he was one hell of a cool dude. He acted so normal you would have thought he was just another fan from the stands.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:52 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
I've sat down in the green seats too. The one thing that blows my mind about them is the nachos in those seats absolutely blow. No meat, salsa, etc. Just chips and cheese.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
DaDitka's mommy is taking him to the game. Plus he will be so drunk he won't remember if there is a bench clear. :plusplus:

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:53 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
I've been down on LaRussa for a year or two now, but I'm starting to have confidence in him again.

-He actually seems to be giving Boggs the closer role. I know it's only 2 games, and he might use somebody else periodically. But, I'm shocked he didn't start with a veteran like Batista.

-He completely outmanaged Dusty Baker today in regards to starting pitching. The only thing I would have liked better is if he had Phillips beaned with the first pitch. No matter how you look at it, we got to use our intended starter and they had to use a long reliever. As I understand it, pitchers continue to throw during rain delays in a simulated game of sorts so they don't get cold. So, Volquez will likely have to miss a start because of this.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:10 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
glen a richter wrote:
Votto > Poo-holes

Reds sweep


Wrong. Let's see Votta do what Pujols did for 10 years to start his career.

Wrong. See, 'cause the Red lost last night. M'kay?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8269
Location: Long Island, NY
I don't think Votto juices though...

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
glen a richter wrote:
I don't think Votto juices though...


Sure he does. What proof that you have that he doesn't? Likewise, what proof do you have that Pujols does? Pretty much everyone in baseball juices these days, regardless of drug testing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
I don't think Votto juices though...


Sure he does. What proof that you have that he doesn't? Likewise, what proof do you have that Pujols does? Pretty much everyone in baseball juices these days, regardless of drug testing.



Not Scottie ballgame.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
Bad loss today IMO.

-have to score more runs when you have 7 hits or whatever it was.

-Batista, Miller, Franklin, sigh. Apparently Batista changed the sign on Molina on the pitch he hit Gomes. Molina is arguably the best game-caller in the game today. If you shake him off, you sure as (Frank) shouldn't hit somebody on an 0-2 count.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:14 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
I don't think Votto juices though...


Sure he does. What proof that you have that he doesn't? Likewise, what proof do you have that Pujols does? Pretty much everyone in baseball juices these days, regardless of drug testing.



Not Scottie ballgame.


I guess the only thing Derek Jeter is juiced on is herpes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:34 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
YADI.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Big series win for the Birds. And I know most of St. Lou doesn't like Brandon Phillips, but I love it. He's the best villain we've had in awhile.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group