It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:12 am

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:27 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Game 1: Tues @ 7:05 FSMW
Game 2: Wed @ 7:05 FSMW
Game 3: Thur @ 7:05 FSMW

Puma returns to that crap box of a stadium. My guess is he'll get a good reception.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Return of the Puma series.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3192
I hate that ballpark so much. What rational thought process arrives at the conclusion that the field benefits from a flag pole in play? I mean, really? We don't think there are enough injuries, so let's just put a hill without a purpose capped off by a flagpole for CF's to have to dodge. How is that possibly a good thing? I actually like the LF porch though. That part kinda gives the park character in a way similar to Fenway's Green Monster.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Blues are selling blown leads in the 9th like hot cakes! Get 'em while they're hot! 6 are already off the lot!

(I know that makes no sense. Cakes? Lot? This is why I'm not a businessman.)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1925
Location: Indiana?
dmiles2186 wrote:
Blues are selling blown leads in the 9th like hot cakes! Get 'em while they're hot! 6 are already off the lot!

(I know that makes no sense. Cakes? Lot? This is why I'm not a businessman.)

Blues?

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
abc789987 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Blues are selling blown leads in the 9th like hot cakes! Get 'em while they're hot! 6 are already off the lot!

(I know that makes no sense. Cakes? Lot? This is why I'm not a businessman.)

Blues?



I was wondering the same thing.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
DaDitka wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Blues are selling blown leads in the 9th like hot cakes! Get 'em while they're hot! 6 are already off the lot!

(I know that makes no sense. Cakes? Lot? This is why I'm not a businessman.)

Blues?



I was wondering the same thing.


Sorry, I'm too used to typing that the Blues have blown leads. You all know what I meant. :grin:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8239
Location: Long Island, NY
cardsfan04 wrote:
I hate that ballpark so much. What rational thought process arrives at the conclusion that the field benefits from a flag pole in play? I mean, really? We don't think there are enough injuries, so let's just put a hill without a purpose capped off by a flagpole for CF's to have to dodge. How is that possibly a good thing? I actually like the LF porch though. That part kinda gives the park character in a way similar to Fenway's Green Monster.


Before the renovations at the old Yankee Stadium, the entire Monument Park was in play. I don't think anyone would question the legend of the old Yankee Stadium or the players who played there in the 20's through 60's.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:02 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3192
glen a richter wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
I hate that ballpark so much. What rational thought process arrives at the conclusion that the field benefits from a flag pole in play? I mean, really? We don't think there are enough injuries, so let's just put a hill without a purpose capped off by a flagpole for CF's to have to dodge. How is that possibly a good thing? I actually like the LF porch though. That part kinda gives the park character in a way similar to Fenway's Green Monster.


Before the renovations at the old Yankee Stadium, the entire Monument Park was in play. I don't think anyone would question the legend of the old Yankee Stadium or the players who played there in the 20's through 60's.


I was unaware of that and am having trouble finding a picture to see just what you mean. But, I can't imagine there ever being any sort of monument in play that I think is a good addition.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Cards win another crazy one, 11-7.

McClellan is now 4-0.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3192
lol, Berkman with 2HRs, 5RBI's (4 of which came in same inning).

Hypothetically, if doesn't hit 25-30HRs does he become a major disappointment now. He has 8 already, so, that's just 17 in the last 5 months to get to 25. As good as he's been, I could see a little disappointment if he underperforms for awhile, but still finishes with solid numbers for the year.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:27 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cardsfan04 wrote:
lol, Berkman with 2HRs, 5RBI's (4 of which came in same inning).

Hypothetically, if doesn't hit 25-30HRs does he become a major disappointment now. He has 8 already, so, that's just 17 in the last 5 months to get to 25. As good as he's been, I could see a little disappointment if he underperforms for awhile, but still finishes with solid numbers for the year.



I think we all expect him to break down a little as the year wears on and they will have to start platooning him more.

Even though he's already got 8, I'll be thrilled if he finishes the season with 25 jacks.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group