It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I've been contemplating starting my own Podcast based around St. Louis sports teams. St. Louis Blues radio is a great source of Blues stuff, but I've found that there isn't really a Podcast built around the Cardinals, Blues, and Rams altogether. I really don't know the first thing about recording my own Podcast other than pressing record and talking, but I'm just trying to gauge if it would be worth my time to attempt to start something like this.

The only down side is that it would probably only be hosted by me and I'm not sure if that would be all that interesting to a listening audience. I've thought that if I can get some listeners that I could start doing some more email/twitter/facebook feedback, etc. But that would be dependent on my ability to get some listeners.

What say ye? Would any of you listen or be interested in something like this? Or does this just sound like a crappy idea? :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
You guys too shy to tell me this is a crappy idea? haha

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
I just don't understand why anyone would want to talk about the Rams.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:21 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
DaDitka wrote:
I just don't understand why anyone would want to talk about the Rams.


Someone has to document the historical crappiness that's going on in the Jones Dome.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3246
You should go for it. I'm not really into podcasts, but if I were, you'd be somebody I would consider listening to.

So, give it a go. Even if you don't get many listeners right away, you might really enjoy it. If you decide not to continue it, nothing is hurt. But, you might find you really like it. So, I say go for it. :okman:

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
You should go for it. I'm not really into podcasts, but if I were, you'd be somebody I would consider listening to.

So, give it a go. Even if you don't get many listeners right away, you might really enjoy it. If you decide not to continue it, nothing is hurt. But, you might find you really like it. So, I say go for it. :okman:


That's a good point. Even if no one listens, it might be fun to do. I tried to do this about 4-5 years ago before it was so easy to get your podcasts out there.

And either way, I can't be any worse than Skip Bayless.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3246
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
You should go for it. I'm not really into podcasts, but if I were, you'd be somebody I would consider listening to.

So, give it a go. Even if you don't get many listeners right away, you might really enjoy it. If you decide not to continue it, nothing is hurt. But, you might find you really like it. So, I say go for it. :okman:


That's a good point. Even if no one listens, it might be fun to do. I tried to do this about 4-5 years ago before it was so easy to get your podcasts out there.

And either way, I can't be any worse than Skip Bayless.


lol, so true. The irritating thing about Skip IMO isn't that he's actually dumb. It's that he says things that are intentionally dumb to get attention. I think he's smarter than the comments he makes.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
You should go for it. I'm not really into podcasts, but if I were, you'd be somebody I would consider listening to.

So, give it a go. Even if you don't get many listeners right away, you might really enjoy it. If you decide not to continue it, nothing is hurt. But, you might find you really like it. So, I say go for it. :okman:


That's a good point. Even if no one listens, it might be fun to do. I tried to do this about 4-5 years ago before it was so easy to get your podcasts out there.

And either way, I can't be any worse than Skip Bayless.


lol, so true. The irritating thing about Skip IMO isn't that he's actually dumb. It's that he says things that are intentionally dumb to get attention. I think he's smarter than the comments he makes.


I agree. I know he's mostly there to be an agitator and he does a good job of it. I think he's playing a caricature of who he really is and sticking to the script while the cameras are rolling. But it doesn't make him any less annoying. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
Will I be banned from calling into this show as well....Damn Kerber :moran:

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I'm going to be like Colin Cowherd, I take no phone calls from anyone and on the rare occasion that I do, if your opinion differs from mine, I will say you are wrong and hang up on you. :mrgreen:

And you got banned by Kerbs? I must hear this story...haha.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:06 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
So...I did a quick little test run on this type of thing. I just blabbed for about 30 minutes or so. No production, music, etc. If anyone wants to listen...go here:

http://thestlfiles.podomatic.com/

Be gentle, but let me know if it sucks.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
I didn't know your name was Ryan Renyolds. Dude Green Lantern sucked. Although your episode of Family Guy was good.

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:08 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Green Lantern did suck, but I was married to Scarlett Johansson.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
By the way, I also got that podcast added to itunes if you want to download it. Just search 'The STL Files.'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Indiana?
Not bad. It at least made the last 36 mins at work pass by quicker.

But what, you can talk about soccer for 10 mins but you give no love to the NBA??!?!?!

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:08 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
abc789987 wrote:
Not bad. It at least made the last 36 mins at work pass by quicker.

But what, you can talk about soccer for 10 mins but you give no love to the NBA??!?!?!


Haha...to be honest, I had thought doing a 'Would you rather see an NBA team or an MLS team in St. Louis?" kind of thing, but realizing that I had no outlet for people to answer a poll, I put that on the back burner. If I keep doing these things, maybe I'll do that in the future.

And I'll take the 'at least it made work go by quicker' as a 'it didn't completely suck balls' and chalk that up as a win. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3246
I listened to it and thought it was pretty good. When you were talking about sports, it was fairly interesting. But, explaining how the show will work got slightly boring at times. I guess that's a first-episode kind of thing though.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
I listened to it and thought it was pretty good. When you were talking about sports, it was fairly interesting. But, explaining how the show will work got slightly boring at times. I guess that's a first-episode kind of thing though.


Yeah, I was kind of worried about that (the boring parts, that is). It won't be something I do every time. Really, I just turned the mic on and started talking. If this becomes a more common thing, I will have notes prepared going in and I won't do as much explaining. In fact, I've got some notes prepared and I'm probably going to tape again tonight. I'm going to try to keep these things between 25-30 minutes. I think the thing that I worry about the most is that since it is me and I have no co-host, that it will grow tiresome for listeners just to hear me repeatedly.

I'll let you guys know if I post another one. I'm working on getting some music for an intro/outro too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
abc789987 wrote:
Not bad. It at least made the last 36 mins at work pass by quicker.

But what, you can talk about soccer for 10 mins but you give no love to the NBA??!?!?!


Did you want him to try and sale cheap high quality jersey's? :okman:

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Question
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
2nd podcast up at http://thestlfiles.podomatic.com/. It's also on iTunes if that's your cup o' tea.

I recorded on Wednesday and just posted today. Getting the kinks worked out so some of the topics are a wee bit dated but nonetheless, we're in the early stages and I hope to record and get these posted much quicker in the future.

Again, just testing the waters. If you listen, let me know your thoughts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group