It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Game Thread: June 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Let's hope June is better than May.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
Well, we have a 25-way tie for the team lead in June hits. :grin:

Some good news though, Berkman said he's hoping to be back by early July, and if not, right after the ASB. I refuse to get my hopes up for anything injury-related about the Cardinals because our medical staff is either inept or dishonest. So, I'll believe he's back when he's re-activated. But, my gut says he'll be back in time to make some sort of positive impact this season.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8232
Location: Long Island, NY
At the risk of jinxing my Mets... the Cards currently have a 25 way tie for runs scored in the month of June as well. You guys ever plan on getting one across the plate? 22+ innings so far.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
The Birds finally got one across last night. Our national nightmare is over.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
dmiles2186 wrote:
The Birds finally got one across last night. Our national nightmare is over.


Yep. Instead of losing 8-0, we're only losing 6-1 now lol. Progress!!

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
The Birds finally got one across last night. Our national nightmare is over.


Yep. Instead of losing 8-0, we're only losing 6-1 now lol. Progress!!


I joked with my wife prior to the Cardinals scoring the run that if Joe Morgan was still doing games for ESPN, he would have said something like, "If you're the Cardinals, you have to realize that to win a baseball game, you have to score at least 1 run, because it takes more than one run to win a baseball game. Now obviously, if the other team scores more than one run, then you have to top them by one run, but to start things off, you have to get that first run."

:mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
The Birds finally got one across last night. Our national nightmare is over.


Yep. Instead of losing 8-0, we're only losing 6-1 now lol. Progress!!


I joked with my wife prior to the Cardinals scoring the run that if Joe Morgan was still doing games for ESPN, he would have said something like, "If you're the Cardinals, you have to realize that to win a baseball game, you have to score at least 1 run, because it takes more than one run to win a baseball game. Now obviously, if the other team scores more than one run, then you have to top them by one run, but to start things off, you have to get that first run."

:mrgreen:


lol, that sounds about right.

5 runs today is hopefully a good sign of righting the ship. And Craig is still a beast.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cardsfan04 wrote:

5 runs today is hopefully a good sign of righting the ship. And Craig is still a beast.


Yeah, but he'll be back on the DL by this weekend.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6771
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
What the crap has happened? I mean, I know what's happened in terms of injuries and such but man, this team has just been losing, losing, losing since mid-May.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
dmiles2186 wrote:
What the crap has happened? I mean, I know what's happened in terms of injuries and such but man, this team has just been losing, losing, losing since mid-May.



Pitching went to total shit. Injuries are a big enough factor to belong in the discussion, but completely healthy, I have trouble seeing us going anywhere with the pitching staff as it is currently constituted. It seems that we either blow teams out or lose close games. The good thing about that is that it's usually a sign of bullpen issues. While I don't think we can expect a trade to work out like the Rasmus trade, bullpen depth isn't overly hard to come by.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:49 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

5 runs today is hopefully a good sign of righting the ship. And Craig is still a beast.


Yeah, but he'll be back on the DL by this weekend.


heh, I know it seems like he is constantly hurt, but I think he has 1 more injury before I consider him fragile. Missing the first month was nothing more than an extension of the injury last year. Then he pulled a hamstring, which pretty much every athlete does at some point. There's certainly a flag raised, but I don't think his injury issues are that alarming . . . yet.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

5 runs today is hopefully a good sign of righting the ship. And Craig is still a beast.


Yeah, but he'll be back on the DL by this weekend.


heh, I know it seems like he is constantly hurt, but I think he has 1 more injury before I consider him fragile. Missing the first month was nothing more than an extension of the injury last year. Then he pulled a hamstring, which pretty much every athlete does at some point. There's certainly a flag raised, but I don't think his injury issues are that alarming . . . yet.



Yeah, but they said he's been injury plagued at every level throughout his career.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3191
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

5 runs today is hopefully a good sign of righting the ship. And Craig is still a beast.


Yeah, but he'll be back on the DL by this weekend.


heh, I know it seems like he is constantly hurt, but I think he has 1 more injury before I consider him fragile. Missing the first month was nothing more than an extension of the injury last year. Then he pulled a hamstring, which pretty much every athlete does at some point. There's certainly a flag raised, but I don't think his injury issues are that alarming . . . yet.



Yeah, but they said he's been injury plagued at every level throughout his career.


hmmm, wasn't aware of that. That's no good.

Speaking of injuries, Garcia hurt his left labia, err shoulder and is on the DL now. Salas up for now (and actually didn't look terrible last night, but not great either allowing a leadoff double. Joe Kelly starting in Jaime's spot on Sunday. I don't know a ton about him, but he's been really good in AAA lately.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group