It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
THE FIGHTING RAMMIES! AUSTIN DAVIS 3:16!

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:55 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
Sooooo, the Rams won a real game today. That's a thing.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
Sooooo, the Rams won a real game today. That's a thing.


The way in which they won it is exactly how they'd lose in the past. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the year Gus Frerotte was our backup forced to start when Bulger was hurt, I seem to remember a similar play where we drove down and he fumbled on the 1.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Sooooo, the Rams won a real game today. That's a thing.


The way in which they won it is exactly how they'd lose in the past. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the year Gus Frerotte was our backup forced to start when Bulger was hurt, I seem to remember a similar play where we drove down and he fumbled on the 1.


I don't remember that specific play (I tend to block most Rams memories), but it is certainly nice to be on the right side of that kind of thing for once. I think there was something similar in last year's home loss to the Seahawks with Zac Stacy.

I was driving home from work when it happened and the call was entertaining. Savard was calling it a TD until dmarco pointed out that we were holding the ball. It was fun hearing their "inner fan" come out for a moment while they tried to figure out what was happening.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Sooooo, the Rams won a real game today. That's a thing.


The way in which they won it is exactly how they'd lose in the past. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the year Gus Frerotte was our backup forced to start when Bulger was hurt, I seem to remember a similar play where we drove down and he fumbled on the 1.


I don't remember that specific play (I tend to block most Rams memories), but it is certainly nice to be on the right side of that kind of thing for once.


Found it! (No video). From November 2007:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... e-1.261379

Quote:
ST. LOUIS - Rams backup quarterback Gus Frerotte fumbled the snap on fourth-and-goal from the Seattle 1 with 27 seconds left Sunday, allowing the Seahawks to hold on for a 24-19 victory.

Frerotte picked up the loose ball but was tackled at the 5, ending a last-ditch drive and the Rams' modest two-game winning streak after an 0-8 start.

Seattle (7-4) won its third straight by rallying for 17 unanswered second-half points.

The Rams (2-9) had one last chance when Josh Brown missed a 52-yard field goal attempt with 2:44 to go. The Rams took over at their 42 and drove to the 4 with just over a minute to play.

Frerotte, playing after starter Marc Bulger left with a concussion in the first quarter, missed a wide-open Isaac Bruce on first down, then threw a 2-yard pass to Drew Bennett. On third down, Steven Jackson ran to the 1, setting up the doomed final play.

The Seahawks went ahead for the first time with 5:57 to play on Leonard Weaver's 4-yard run.

Seattle rookie Josh Wilson returned a first-quarter kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
True Frerotte bungled that but overall in his career he wasn't THAT bad.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
Rams have 4 wins. 3 of them are against 3 of the 4 last teams standing last year including both conference champs. Crazy.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
Rams have 4 wins. 3 of them are against 3 of the 4 last teams standing last year including both conference champs. Crazy.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:50 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
Sounds like DEA is about to come down on the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... nspections

Doctors are administering medication on road trips when they're only registered in the team's home state. This seems somewhat trivial. Probably not good, but doesn't seem like a huge deal. I mean, it's not like medicine is good in California and bad in Florida.

But, apparently doctors are also writing prescriptions to players without their knowledge, then just giving them to whomever. That sounds like a really really big deal.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
Rams have 4 wins. 3 of them are against 3 of the 4 last teams standing last year including both conference champs. Crazy.


I was at the Dome yesterday. I legitimately thought the Broncos would put up 55 points pregame. That was a fun day to be a Rams fan!

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:53 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9762
Location: Billings, MT
As a Packers fan, I'm happy with yesterday. It's one thing to put up 50 against a terrible Bears team, but it's another to put up 50 against an Eagles team that was 7-2 coming in. Plus, the Lions lost.

Carry on, my wayward (friends).

You're not really wayward, I just wanted to use that lyric for some reason.

_________________
Image
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Rams have 3 games left, 6-7. Three straight wins gets them their first winning season in a decade. 2 wins out of the last 3 gets them their first .500 season in 8 years. I know it doesn't help draft position, but for the love of God, I want one of those two things to happen.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3987
dmiles2186 wrote:
Rams have 3 games left, 6-7. Three straight wins gets them their first winning season in a decade. 2 wins out of the last 3 gets them their first .500 season in 8 years. I know it doesn't help draft position, but for the love of God, I want one of those two things to happen.


Same. We've had a decade of good draft picks and that hasn't helped much (or maybe it's starting to, dunno). I'd rather draft 17th with a few more wins than 12th by losing out. I made those draft positions up, but probably kinda close to accurate.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Rams have 3 games left, 6-7. Three straight wins gets them their first winning season in a decade. 2 wins out of the last 3 gets them their first .500 season in 8 years. I know it doesn't help draft position, but for the love of God, I want one of those two things to happen.


Same. We've had a decade of good draft picks and that hasn't helped much (or maybe it's starting to, dunno). I'd rather draft 17th with a few more wins than 12th by losing out. I made those draft positions up, but probably kinda close to accurate.


You are pretty much spot on. Rams drafted 13th overall last year at 7-9 so they'd be in that neck of the woods. Honestly, I'd really like to see Bryce Petty in a Rams jersey next season. He doesn't have to start, but it'd be awesome if they'd target him in the draft. I saw SI's big board had him ranked in the 30's, so even if you traded back, picked up an extra pick or two, you could still get Petty and other quality players there. I'm hoping this year's draft will be like last year's: tons of decent QB talent to be had at the top of the 2nd round.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Holy God...as much as I hate the Seahawks, that was a game.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 21393
Location: Center Ice
Could there be a worse Superbowl? The Seahawks, whom I despise...against the Patriots, whom I loathe.

Ugh.

And yes, that Seahawks v. Packers game was stellar.
With that said, Green Bay pissed that game away. They had a lot of chances to seal the deal and they couldn't do it. That onside kick botched catch was awful. Ball hits him in the facemask and he never even gets his hands on it. It's like he had his eyes closed. Horrible.

And the 2-pt. conversion...WTF? It's like GB's D was just watching and didn't really react to the loopiest pass you'll ever see.

And who calls "tails" on a coin toss on national TV? The manly call is heads. Don't know why in the hell you'd choose the ass end of a coin.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Rams have 4 wins. 3 of them are against 3 of the 4 last teams standing last year including both conference champs. Crazy.


I was at the Dome yesterday. I legitimately thought the Broncos would put up 55 points pregame. That was a fun day to be a Rams fan!


Manning shows he sucks in the playoffs too! He has an all time LOSING playoff record and 9 times has lost his opening playoff game. This year he sucked against the Rams and sucked against the Colts in the playoffs. I think he's earned around $200 million so he'd be a fool not to retire!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:57 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
cprice12 wrote:
Could there be a worse Superbowl? The Seahawks, whom I despise...against the Patriots, whom I loathe.

Ugh.

And yes, that Seahawks v. Packers game was stellar.
With that said, Green Bay pissed that game away. They had a lot of chances to seal the deal and they couldn't do it. That onside kick botched catch was awful. Ball hits him in the facemask and he never even gets his hands on it. It's like he had his eyes closed. Horrible.

And the 2-pt. conversion...WTF? It's like GB's D was just watching and didn't really react to the loopiest pass you'll ever see.

And who calls "tails" on a coin toss on national TV? The manly call is heads. Don't know why in the hell you'd choose the ass end of a coin.


Amazing game. It would have to go down as one of the best NFC (or AFC) championship games ever. I agree about the craziness of the onside kick. It seems so easy to just put your hands on the ball and sit down that any one of us could have done it you know?

When you see such an easy play that even most high school football players could've done you sometimes wonder if somehow the game could've been rigged? Along with the 2 pt. conversion where Green Bay just stood there and watched and let Seattle get 2 points to basically win the game!

And they picked tails because you know how much NFL players love tail! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9605
Location: Long Island, NY
As a self respecting human being, I'm obviously going with Seattle to repeat. New England, Belicheat and that UMich prick Brady can all go screw. I hope he gets sacked a dozen times and the Patriots get shutout.

As a hockey aside, I think that may be why I like Ian Cole so much. He grew up in Michigan in UMich territory, could have just as easily gone to that piece of crap school and been a Wolverine alum, but instead he decided to bail on that shittown and play for Notre Dame. A man of high intelligence, obviously. I respect that.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Vince Dunn 2017-2018


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 7286
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
glen a richter wrote:
As a self respecting human being, I'm obviously going with Seattle to repeat.


I hate both teams. I want neither to win.

_________________
Image

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group