listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20158
Location: Center Ice
This thread was suggested so new members could say hey.

Just introduce yourself and give us some background on how you became a fan, or whatever.

:letsgoblues:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:26 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
I've been around here for a while but haven't posted much, so I'm not really sure if that qualifies me as new. I signed up and then promptly spent that last few years running all over the country in a truck. Got to catch a couple home games on weekend layovers in St. Louis and had DirecTV with Center Ice in the truck. So now I'm home just dispatching my other trucks and able to have more of a normal life.

I grew up in Cincinnati rooting for the Stingers of the now defunct WHA. When the WHA closed up shop, some of the teams were moved into the NHL, but we weren't that lucky. I figured then that I had to find someone to root for and when the Cincinnati goalie, Mike Liut, ended up with the Blues, that settled it. Been a fan ever since.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:27 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 381
Location: Lebanon, MO
I'm Aaron, friends call me APOD
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/430349_10150533287541895_705506894_9227372_1282589905_n.jpg
Been a blues have for very long time.

Parents are from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada so hockey runs in the family.

Live a Lebanon, MO

Couple cool facts,
Great uncle played for the NHL california golden seals, and some WHL teams.

My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.

Maybe this little guy will be the next in nhl :okman:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/182952_10150137134236054_638841053_7865761_3810073_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/183376_10150137133691054_638841053_7865753_6925960_n.jpg

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 11
Blues fan since our worst recent season, 05-06. I have known about this board since then. Always read it and posted a little. My username was discontinued or something. I basically study the NHL all day this season. It has been quite the interesting season. I have been going to Blues games with quite frequency since I became a fan.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6596
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
APOD wrote:
My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.


Mike Glumac? Remember him well from some of hose pretty awful Blues teams a few years ago.

Welcome to the board, everybody!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 381
Location: Lebanon, MO
Yep, some rough years indeed.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:35 am 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 am
Posts: 108
Location: Biel, Bern
Hello everyone!

I think is now 10 years ago, that I used to post here under the nickname swissblue, obviousely I'm not anymore :P

Anyway, my name is simon, i'm from Biel, Switzerland, and am a pretty long-time blues fan. well, if you can say blues fan, since i can't visit any games at all. today, luckily i use to watch the games with nhl center ice, and am more of a reader of this forum than a poster.

I once visited St. Louis when they won the presidents trophy (the last time :D), and I even was in the stadium when they got it handed over, also I still have that official t-shirt. My "tourist-guide" was Marco Athie, maybe some of you know him, maybe not. any, today i still say this one little week was one of my best vacation time i every had, and i still tell friends about it. if i remember correctly, i think that i met some other people from the forum here, one guy was call zack, and another was blueline29.

anyway, as i mentioned, i live in biel, switzerland. my hometown-club is ehc biel (http://www.ehcb.ch), and we had a really great year. although we lost in the 1st round of the play-offs, we are the only ones besides the future swiss-champion, which can say that the season was a success. there are 12 teams in the leage 1-8 seeds are in the playoffs and 9-12 play the play-outs. the winner of those play-outs (actually the loser, since it's kind of inversed play-offs) has to play a relegation-series against the winner of the 2nd highest swiss-league. the winner of the series will play in the highest swiss league the next year - the loser is relegated.
the last 3 years my hometown-team always had to play this relegation-series. at the start of the season "all experts" thought that we again will be playing the play-outs. we got into the play-offs, yay!
Probably some "known" players are and were: Sebastien Bordelau (who actually retired a weekd or two ago), and Reto Berra, who apparently was drafted by St.Louis once. Berra also actually was the reason why we made the PO's.

Personally, I turn 34 in May, and moved back to biel a year ago, where I grew up. I also play beer-league hockey my-self (http://www.teamcannabis.ch)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

If not, i think I'll rather be the reader again, than the poster :P

have a nice day everyone :)

greetings, simon

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:08 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3754
Location: StL/CoMo
APOD wrote:
I'm Aaron, friends call me APOD
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/430349_10150533287541895_705506894_9227372_1282589905_n.jpg
Been a blues have for very long time.

Parents are from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada so hockey runs in the family.

Live a Lebanon, MO

Couple cool facts,
Great uncle played for the NHL california golden seals, and some WHL teams.

My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.

Maybe this little guy will be the next in nhl :okman:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/182952_10150137134236054_638841053_7865761_3810073_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/183376_10150137133691054_638841053_7865753_6925960_n.jpg

Adorable! Who signed the puck?

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm
Posts: 100
Hello, all,

I guess that you could say that I'm somewhat of a recent fan of the club. I'm 24 and I lived in Missouri for the first 15 years of my life (first 5 in St. Charles and then in Columbia). Everyone in my family, including me, is a huge Cardinals fan, but my grandparents are the only ones who have really rooted for the Blues. My grandmother is in a home now and is pretty senile, but my grandfather still watches every game on TV. They used to watch together, but now he just watches by himself. I don't know how long they have watched this team, but it's been going on for as long as I've been alive. My grandfather has seen every up and down for more than 2 decades and, corny as it sounds, I want them to win the cup for him more than anything because he's been waiting for decades. As for me, I've always supported the team, but never really became a big fan until the beginning of the 09-10 season, when I attended Illinois and could finally watch every game. I don't know that I have any favorite players or anything because I was a casual fan until fairly recently, but I'm glad that I decided to give this sport a shot. I remember watching the Blues lose to the Sharks in 2000, remember when then blew up the old arena, and I am very much looking forward to the day that the Blues don't shit themselves in the playoffs and the win the cup (or even a game in the finals would be nice). Anyways, that's my story.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Posts: 4594
Location: SMP's Posse
Jaykay wrote:
Hello everyone!

I think is now 10 years ago, that I used to post here under the nickname swissblue, obviousely I'm not anymore :P

Welcome back Simon! I didn't realize that was you posting under another name.

_________________
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 am 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 am
Posts: 1
Hi, swedish bluesfan since ´93. Mostly thanks to Shanahan and our beautiful logo. Back then I was limited to news in a swedish NHL-magazine (THN wasn´t available in the small town where I´m from). So about every two months I could see the statistics about Janney, Hull, Miller and the others. Found Let´s Go Blues when the forum on the official homepage was closed.

Trivia about me:
#1 My first search on the internet in 1995 was on St Louis Blues.
#2 Bought my only bluesjersey in 1994 with #19 Shanahan on the back. Three weeks later Shanahan had been traded for Pronger and the design on the jersey was changed...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1871
Location: Indiana?
sparty09 wrote:
Hello, all,

I guess that you could say that I'm somewhat of a recent fan of the club. I'm 24 and I lived in Missouri for the first 15 years of my life (first 5 in St. Charles and then in Columbia). Everyone in my family, including me, is a huge Cardinals fan, but my grandparents are the only ones who have really rooted for the Blues. My grandmother is in a home now and is pretty senile, but my grandfather still watches every game on TV. They used to watch together, but now he just watches by himself. I don't know how long they have watched this team, but it's been going on for as long as I've been alive. My grandfather has seen every up and down for more than 2 decades and, corny as it sounds, I want them to win the cup for him more than anything because he's been waiting for decades. As for me, I've always supported the team, but never really became a big fan until the beginning of the 09-10 season, when I attended Illinois and could finally watch every game. I don't know that I have any favorite players or anything because I was a casual fan until fairly recently, but I'm glad that I decided to give this sport a shot. I remember watching the Blues lose to the Sharks in 2000, remember when then blew up the old arena, and I am very much looking forward to the day that the Blues don't shit themselves in the playoffs and the win the cup (or even a game in the finals would be nice). Anyways, that's my story.

That's a great story about your grandparents.

And I too remember them blowing up the old barn very clearly. Just got my license, was driving to friends place to play poker, listening to the demolition on the radio. Then I got pulled over for driving 80 in a 55.. Ahh good memories. :lol: :lol:



Anyways, welcome all!

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20158
Location: Center Ice
abc789987 wrote:
That's a great story about your grandparents.

And I too remember them blowing up the old barn very clearly. Just got my license, was driving to friends place to play poker, listening to the demolition on the radio. Then I got pulled over for driving 80 in a 55.. Ahh good memories. :lol: :lol:



Anyways, welcome all!


Ahh...the Arena demolition.
I went to a lot of games in the old barn. Good memories.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:28 am
Posts: 12
Location: Royse City, TX
TxBlue:

I live near Dallas now, hence the nickname. I grew up in Wentzville, MO. I have been a Blues fan since the beginning. I actually remember when they announced the name that I thought it was the worse name. But I have come to genuinely think it is a great name.

Frank St. Marseille was my favorite Blue in the early days.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm
Posts: 100
abc789987 wrote:
sparty09 wrote:
Hello, all,

I guess that you could say that I'm somewhat of a recent fan of the club. I'm 24 and I lived in Missouri for the first 15 years of my life (first 5 in St. Charles and then in Columbia). Everyone in my family, including me, is a huge Cardinals fan, but my grandparents are the only ones who have really rooted for the Blues. My grandmother is in a home now and is pretty senile, but my grandfather still watches every game on TV. They used to watch together, but now he just watches by himself. I don't know how long they have watched this team, but it's been going on for as long as I've been alive. My grandfather has seen every up and down for more than 2 decades and, corny as it sounds, I want them to win the cup for him more than anything because he's been waiting for decades. As for me, I've always supported the team, but never really became a big fan until the beginning of the 09-10 season, when I attended Illinois and could finally watch every game. I don't know that I have any favorite players or anything because I was a casual fan until fairly recently, but I'm glad that I decided to give this sport a shot. I remember watching the Blues lose to the Sharks in 2000, remember when then blew up the old arena, and I am very much looking forward to the day that the Blues don't shit themselves in the playoffs and the win the cup (or even a game in the finals would be nice). Anyways, that's my story.

That's a great story about your grandparents.

And I too remember them blowing up the old barn very clearly. Just got my license, was driving to friends place to play poker, listening to the demolition on the radio. Then I got pulled over for driving 80 in a 55.. Ahh good memories. :lol: :lol:



Anyways, welcome all!


Yeah, we never understood why they watched the Blues religiously when everybody else watched baseball, but now I understand. And I didn't mention that I actually saw the demolition on TV. I was watching at a restaurant at the time. I didn't really understand the significance of it, but I definitely saw it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17108
Hello to the newbies. 8)

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:45 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
goon attack wrote:
Hello to the newbies. 8)


Who the (Frank) is this? I would have expected a "Hello to the pansies" or something like that. :lol:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 1
Location: St. Louis
Grew up in upstate New York- Hockey was THEEE Sport where I am from.
LOVE the blues- have no interest in the Rams- some interest in the Cards-
Love going to games- but have only been to a couple- :cry:

One interesting fact is that I got hit with a puck about 10 years ago at a Blues Home Game- we were playing Chicago!
Still have the puck- but thankfully not the bruise any more!!
Favorite Player: Patrik Berglund :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:45 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 146
Location: School - Richmond, KY. Home - North O'Fallon, MO.
Welcome!

FYI, during games, Flashchat is where all the cool kids hang out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17108
sup

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan04, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group