Pronger Traded!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

spinefixer wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:
spinefixer wrote:Sucks to see Pronger go (now I'll look like a shipdit wearing his Blues sweater around) and I hope he does well when not playing the Blues.

I certainly hope that Leery signs a talented forward or two, but methinks that our roster is pretty set.
That's going to be the new and improved NHL... :wink: It will be rare when a player plays for a decade with one team...those days are gone...
Which is exactly why I stopped buying NFL jerseys.
That's why the last season they actually played hockey I bought two different plain no name and no number jerseys...
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

Blue Beagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Blue Beagle »

SIU LAW wrote:I really don’t know what to say. The entire summer I have been preoccupied with studying for the Illinois Bar, so I haven’t been as knee deep in the NHL relaunch and recent transactions as I would like. I’ve been only getting my information quickly from the newspaper when I can (and from Brandur on the phone).

I realize that Pronger was all but assured to go, but I still find it infuriating that this was caused by current limbo state of this team (meaning the sale). I also find it infuriating that this rebuilding the team is going through is only being half done (meaning that Weight & Walt remain) because of this current limbo.

While I don’t know anything about the two prospects, I like Brewer. If this trade actually helps the Blues, so be it. However it is still hard to accept that #44 is gone.

SIU LAW
It would be great to get a simillar trade Tkachuk. Hopefully his 3.8 million option next year makes him tradable this year ... to the right team assuming he's willing to wave his no trade clause.

I wonder if Weight would wave his no trade clause to go to Detroit?

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Rocketpop wrote: If Jackman can stay healthy... He's had so many problems. I hope his shoulder stays solid. Repetitive injuries like that bother me.

I have a horrible feeling he screws his shoulder up again this year.
Isn't the shoulder that Bertuzzi franked up different than the one he had problems with in junior?

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

TC wrote:
No. 312 Author: sbonitatibus
i absolutely love how all these oiler fans think pronger makes the team an automatic contender! I guarantee nothing will come about this. One player alone doesn't do it (unless you're Gretzky or Lemieux). The Blues GM is gonna have the last laugh. The Blues may not win this year or next, but you wait. It's GM's like this that know how to build teams from scratch. Lowe is an idiot for signing him.... unless he's gonna truly build around pronger and get more elite type guys, THIS WAS A DUMB MOVE!
hehehe...
Oh that is priceless! :)

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

Pronger siad his wife is "off kilter", about the trade.
Last edited by Topshelf331 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanscrit

Post by sanscrit »

barnburner wrote:
TC wrote:
No. 312 Author: sbonitatibus
i absolutely love how all these oiler fans think pronger makes the team an automatic contender! I guarantee nothing will come about this. One player alone doesn't do it (unless you're Gretzky or Lemieux). The Blues GM is gonna have the last laugh. The Blues may not win this year or next, but you wait. It's GM's like this that know how to build teams from scratch. Lowe is an idiot for signing him.... unless he's gonna truly build around pronger and get more elite type guys, THIS WAS A DUMB MOVE!
hehehe...
Oh that is priceless! :)
I'm getting that on a T-shirt

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

northwest dave wrote:
Rocketpop wrote:
northwest dave wrote:I think the trade is the best we could've hope for. Brewer is a very solid player and the other two seem ready to move up to the bigs. You can never have enough young prospects on defense.

It's sad to see a player like Pronger go. It's so rare to watch a player fully develop from spaz to one of the best players in the league. Hopefully, we can all watch Jackman become an all-time Blue great.
If Jackman can stay healthy... He's had so many problems. I hope his shoulder stays solid. Repetitive injuries like that bother me.

I have a horrible feeling he screws his shoulder up again this year.
Which is why you can never have too many defensemen prospects. I'm glad Pleau went defensive crazy with this trade, especially after trading Belle last year.

Getting Brewer and almost-ready prospects sure beats a high draft pick IMO.
Agreed.
Brewer will be fine back there...he's no Pronger, but he will be solid.
And I liked the write ups on the two prospects ready to crack NHL rosters.

Since trading Pronger was a given with the new team payroll structure, I like this trade.
Hopefully we got three pretty good players in exchange for one great one.
I guess we'll soon find out.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Topshelf331 wrote:Cusamano is putting in his $0.02. on 590 right now. :lol: Basically the Anti-fans are coming out of the wood work.
At least 590 teamed Cus and Burwell uptogether so they pollute the airwaves with their hockey hating in one specific timeframe.

Cusamano is interviewing Bill Clement at the moment, and it was obvious that he expected Clement to jump on the "rip the Blues"bandwagon. I can just see his face, choking on his own spit, (or Burwell's) as Clement offered up the opinion that he thought that Pleau made a really good deal under the circumstances.

Oh "Frank" - Burwell just told Cus that he was impressed with his hockey knowledge!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

And then Cusamano declared his wealth of hockey knowledge.

I am not making this up.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

barnburner wrote:
Topshelf331 wrote:Cusamano is putting in his $0.02. on 590 right now. :lol: Basically the Anti-fans are coming out of the wood work.
At least 590 teamed Cus and Burwell uptogether so they pollute the airwaves with their hockey hating in one specific timeframe.

Cusamano is interviewing Bill Clement at the moment, and it was obvious that he expected Clement to jump on the "rip the Blues"bandwagon. I can just see his face, choking on his own spit, (or Burwell's) as Clement offered up the opinion that he thought that Pleau made a really good deal under the circumstances.

Oh "Frank" - Burwell just told Cus that he was impressed with his hockey knowledge!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

He proabably went in with the expectations of talking to a bowl of soup.

Cus is my #1 authority on Girls Prep Volleyball! :wink:

TC

Post by TC »

Nyghtewynd wrote:And then Cusamano declared his wealth of hockey knowledge.

I am not making this up.
you've got to be kidding... any chance you got this on tape? that would be a classic email sound.

Mayersfan21
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mayersfan21 »

M=G

Don't think I didn't read that TEAM O' MAYERSes comment.

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

I acan vouch for it. Cusamano claimed he went to more morning skates than any other tv reporter for 9 years. :lol:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I don't have it on tape, but do you really think I'm crazy enough to make that up? Stuff like that CAN'T be made up. Someone actually has to say it for it to happen. :lol:

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Topshelf331 wrote:I acan vouch for it. Cusamano claimed he went to more morning skates than any other tv reporter for 9 years. :lol:
Yep - I heard it..... I don't believe it, but I heard it.. :)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

barnburner wrote:

Cusamano is a dolt when it comes to hockey.

I'm surprised he didn't ask Clement how his high school basketball team is doing.
Cusamano: "So, Bill...how is your old high school basketball team doing? I saw they have a pretty good 8th grader ready to come in as a freshman. Can he really play varsity his freshman year?"

Clement: "Um...What? I have no idea. I don't really keep up with my old high school. I'm a professional sports personality now, I don't really have time for that stuff."

Cusamano: "What do you think of Vashon's chances this year?"

Clement: "I'm not familiar with Vashon? Is he a prospect in the Blues organization?"

Cusamano: "If you could be a type of fungus, what kind of fungus would it be?"

Clement: "What?"

Cusamano: "What is your favorite brand of bottled water?"

Clement: "Um...I gotta go."

Cusamano: "Thanks for joining us Bill. Maybe we can catch a prep basketball game the next time you are in town."

Clement: "Uh...yeah...whatever."
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

Topshelf331 wrote:I acan vouch for it. Cusamano claimed he went to more morning skates than any other tv reporter for 9 years. :lol:
He probably said he went to all the home games last 04-05 season too... :lol:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

Red Baron
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Red Baron »

I like the deal. It had to be done. Now if Lar can get a scoring center or winger, it won't look so bad!!
I Bleed Blue...Go BLUES!!

Reality_Czech
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Reality_Czech »

Misc. Blues wrote:
ibldbl wrote:I was just noticing that all the guys we got for Pronger are lefties.
We need a right handed pointman to play the right side on powerplays.
This was a real issue when MacInnis went down.
Way more lefties than righties on every team...We do have Walker...
Wideman, Stuart, Scheffelmaier and Robin Jonsson (if he ever brings his @$$ over here) are all listed as right-handers as well...

R_C

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

Press Conference @1 if I heard it right.