Pronger Traded!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Red Baron wrote:I like the deal. It had to be done. Now if Lar can get a scoring center or winger, it won't look so bad!!
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what will be done about the offense.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

SlantEye
All-Star
All-Star

Post by SlantEye »

cprice12 wrote:
Red Baron wrote:I like the deal. It had to be done. Now if Lar can get a scoring center or winger, it won't look so bad!!
Any chance of the Blues signing Satan or Kariya?

Either of them skating with Weight would be nice.

SE
This message brought to you by SlantEye44@yahoo.com

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE
0 chance.

There is a better chance that the Blues will not sign another UFA and fill their holes with their prosepcts.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

Oz167
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Oz167 »

personally I think Brewer will soon start living to the potential that he has.. Blues seem to do a good job with defenseman.. so we can hope.. forwards on the otherhand... hahahaha.. I still like the trade considering the circumstances
Last edited by Oz167 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

BringBackZezel wrote:0 chance.

There is a better chance that the Blues will not sign another UFA and fill their holes with their prosepcts.
I wouldn't say it's quite 0%... maybe 1% or 2%.... if Pleau would be allowed to enter the season at $34M and trade Weight half way through the season, then it might be possible.

Oz167
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Oz167 »

OS wrote:

I wouldn't say it's quite 0%... maybe 1% or 2%.... if Pleau would be allowed to enter the season at $34M and trade Weight half way through the season, then it might be possible.
I was thinking last night.. now that Pronger is gone.. What can we possibly get for Weight at the trading deadline? I'd figure he'd be traded to a contender looking for that final piece for their playoff run..

SlantEye
All-Star
All-Star

Post by SlantEye »

BringBackZezel wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE
0 chance.

That would be the sensible thing to do.

Who do the Blues have in the pipeline that could fill the bill though?

Sejna?
Rycroft?
McClement?
Downey?

SE

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

OS wrote:

If the RFAs all sign their tenders, the Blues are over $31 million in payroll.

Do you think that Satan or Kariya are going to sign for less than $3 million?

And even if they do, trading Weight half way through the season will only save $2.85 million...not enough to get a $34 million payroll down to the expected $30 level.

Tkachuk, on the other hand would save $3.8 million at that point....and is a more marketable commodity because of his option.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

There was a reason I said 1 or 2 percent :wink:

It would probably take moving one or two of the $1-2M players.

SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by SMS Bleeds Blue »

OS wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:
SlantEye wrote: Any chance of the Blues signing Satan or Kariya?

SE
0 chance.

It doesn't make sense to sign someone to "skate with Weight", if you're planning on trading Weight in midseason.

I think BBZ is probably right. We might see a couple more "crumbs" get signed, but the Blues are probably done shopping in the FA market.
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE
No chance. At least not based on their current direction.

Personally, I'd like to see Drury with Weight. But I don't see that happening.

It would be nice to sign just one, mid-level free agent who can score a few goals. I'm not asking for a $6 million guy...just a guy that can be had for a few million to help out this sorry-ass offense.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE

It would be nice to sign just one, mid-level free agent who can score a few goals. I'm not asking for a $6 million guy...just a guy that can be had for a few million to help out this sorry-ass offense.
Is Drury a FA?

I'd LOVE to see him on the team. He's the exact type of player I would line up to pay to watch.

SlantEye
All-Star
All-Star

Post by SlantEye »

cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE

Drury with Weight would be nice.

With Demitra gone, who's going to step up and score goals?

Khavanov?

If the Blues could unload more salary (Tkachuk?) and get back a decent scorer...

What if the Blues shipped Tkachuk to Dallas for Modano...?

SE

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE

Khavanov?

If the Blues could unload more salary (Tkachuk?) and get back a decent scorer...

SE
1. Modano is a UFA and is serious about signing in Boston (if it's not already officially done yet)
2. Why would Dallas want Tkachuk...they already have Guerin.

That being said...if Modano to Boston is a done deal, there might be a need for a center in Dallas....perhaps one that already has chemistry with Guerin....perhaps one named Doug Weight.

LazyPenguin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by LazyPenguin »

BringBackZezel wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

SE

Khavanov?

SE
1. Modano is a UFA and is serious about signing in Boston (if it's not already officially done yet)

That being said...if Modano to Boston is a done deal, there might be a need for a center in Dallas....perhaps one that already has chemistry with Guerin....perhaps one named Doug Weight.
Didn't Modano go back to the Stars for 5 years?

BringBackZezel
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BringBackZezel »

LazyPenguin wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote: Yeah, it will be interesting to see what will be done about the offense.

SE

Khavanov?

SE

Didn't Modano go back to the Stars for 5 years?
I didn't think that was final either....

Who knows at this point.

bluesny
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by bluesny »

I'm disappointed Pronger had to be traded, but I say kudos to Pleau (and to Pronger himself) for making the best of a difficult situation.

Kudos to Pleau for getting good value for Pronger at a time when many quality free agents are available for money alone, and kudos to Pronger for making the deal possible by not holding out for the maximum salary of $7.8 million in a long term deal.

Pronger could have simply sat back and collected his $7.2 million qualifying offer this year, and then gone the free agent route next year, which would almost certainly would have netted him a lot more money. But, because he was willing to sign for less (either $5.5 or $6.25 million per year, depending on which report you believe), it was possible for Pleau to trade him to Edmonton, a team that could never afford a $7.8 million salary.

While I am sorry to see Pronger go, I am overjoyed that the Blues were able to get decent value for him, even though they had to take on some payroll in return. Kudos again to Pleau, and, more importantly, kudos to Pronger for not being greedy and thus making this trade possible.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

SlantEye wrote:
cprice12 wrote: With Demitra gone, who's going to step up and score goals?

Khavanov?

SE
Khavy will probably be getting his shot blocked on the pp, and giving up the puck in his own end while playing in russia this year.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

bluesny wrote:I'm disappointed Pronger had to be traded, but I say kudos to Pleau (and to Pronger himself) for making the best of a difficult situation.

Kudos to Pleau for getting good value for Pronger at a time when many quality free agents are available for money alone, and kudos to Pronger for making the deal possible by not holding out for the maximum salary of $7.8 million in a long term deal.

Pronger could have simply sat back and collected his $7.2 million qualifying offer this year, and then gone the free agent route next year, which would almost certainly would have netted him a lot more money. But, because he was willing to sign for less (either $5.5 or $6.25 million per year, depending on which report you believe), it was possible for Pleau to trade him to Edmonton, a team that could never afford a $7.8 million salary.

While I am sorry to see Pronger go, I am overjoyed that the Blues were able to get decent value for him, even though they had to take on some payroll in return. Kudos again to Pleau, and, more importantly, kudos to Pronger for not being greedy and thus making this trade possible.
:P

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Guess we'd better plan to watch a lot of 2-0 home losses. They're going to play good D, but this team couldn't score with Paris Hilton.

One of my friends had a good description: Instead of wanting tickets for "Friday's Blues game", people are going to want tickets for "The Penguins game" or "The Oilers game".