Pronger Traded!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

goon attack wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :D

What's going on??? 8)

You ready for this??? The Blues could have 3 full lines of brawlers this season - delivering ass beatings left and right to those teams that dare beat us on the scoreboard (i.e. everyone) :D

ARE YOU READY???

LET"S (Frank) SOME SHIT UP, BLUES!!! :lol:
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Sudsy11 wrote:I'll feel much better when the obvious cancer KT is gone.
I agree. The sooner he is jettisoned the better.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:

What's going on??? 8)

You ready for this??? The Blues could have 3 full lines of brawlers this season - delivering ass beatings left and right to those teams that dare beat us on the scoreboard (i.e. everyone) :D

ARE YOU READY???

LET"S (Frank) SOME (#$@%!) UP, BLUES!!! :lol:
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

IT'S ABOUT FRANKING TIME!!!!!! :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

TC

Post by TC »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:

What's going on??? 8)

ARE YOU READY???

LET"S (Frank) SOME (#$@%!) UP, BLUES!!! :lol:
second that, glad to see GA back!! now we KNOW hockey's on!

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I saw a brief clip of the Pronger news conference last night on the news and Pleau's attitude was very aggressive. He made it sound as though it was all the league's fault that the Blues had to get rid of Pronger.

He said something along the lines of "You want reality? This is reality. This is the new economic reality in the NHL. We can no longer afford to keep a player like Pronger. In a perfect world, would we like to keep him? Yeah. But this isn't a perfect world."

I couldn't believe it. He made it sound like it was the owners who got screwed and that this wasn't because Blues management screwed everything up. What a douche.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

kodos wrote:I saw a brief clip of the Pronger news conference last night on the news and Pleau's attitude was very aggressive. He made it sound as though it was all the league's fault that the Blues had to get rid of Pronger.

He said something along the lines of "You want reality? This is reality. This is the new economic reality in the NHL. We can no longer afford to keep a player like Pronger. In a perfect world, would we like to keep him? Yeah. But this isn't a perfect world."

I couldn't believe it. He made it sound like it was the owners who got screwed and that this wasn't because Blues management screwed everything up. What a douche.
He couldn't place the blame where it belongs without losng his job, could he?

BlueBrained
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by BlueBrained »

kodos wrote:I saw a brief clip of the Pronger news conference last night on the news and Pleau's attitude was very aggressive. He made it sound as though it was all the league's fault that the Blues had to get rid of Pronger.

More ammunition against current management.
Official LGB Sponsor of Brett Hull - To the roof 12/05/06!!!

TC

Post by TC »

he's being defensive because joe hockey fan is pissed he traded their favorite player. he's pointing out the facts of the new cba for those that aren't internet and/or hockey geeks like us. i don't see a problem with that statement.

sanscrit

Post by sanscrit »

I think he is trying to divert attention from reality. Pronger would have been gone regardless of a cap. Its a whole lot easier to sell a team without monsterous, handcuffing contracts.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

In a perfect world they would have bought out Tkachuk and kept Pronger.

Does anyone have a transcript of what was said at the press conference? It sounded really bad on TV.

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by evil roy »

Leedog wrote:When reading this story, you can substitute Ornest for Laurie, Mullen for Pronger, and Beers for Brewer. History repeats itself again in Blues land.
Exactly what I was thinking though I think the Mullen/Beers deal was a little more lopsided than this one. . . Can we count on another Shannahan to rescue us again?

As has been said, this could have been much worse. Laurie could have let Pronger walk for nothing and saved his entire salary. At least he is smart enough to try to keep the team viable while he tries to unload it.
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

bretmull
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bretmull »

Just got to say Pleau did a good job on this one. Best he could do given the circumstances. Now we need a scoring winger to give this team a legit shot at the playoffs. I think Brewer is going to impress alot of people this year as his play improves with a solid Blues defensive core. But if we can't score goals it wont matter anyway... again, hate to say it but... good job Larry Pleau

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by evil roy »

spinefixer wrote:Sucks to see Pronger go (now I'll look like a shipdit wearing his Blues sweater around)
Does this mean I have to stop wearing my Mike Liut jersey---NEVER!!
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

TC

Post by TC »

if pronger reverts to his old whining self, the oil may want to keep practicing this move:

Cabby
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Cabby »

Saddest thread in LGB history..

Aode

Post by Aode »

simadownow443 wrote:Saddest thread in LGB history..
... followed by the saddest post...

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Pronger Traded!!

Post by Portland Blues »

Sad to see Pronger wearing a dress these days...