Tracking the Improbable...

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

BringBackZezel wrote:In the biggest game of the season, the Blues drew less than 11000.

Turnout will never be big for this season.
But a bad end to this season will probably mean the turnout will be poor for next season as well.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Tezmyster wrote:
BringBackZezel wrote:In the biggest game of the season, the Blues drew less than 11000.

But a bad end to this season will probably mean the turnout will be poor for next season as well.
Not if the people in charge know what they are doing and improve this team the way they should. People will be able to see the improvements quickly and will respond by showing up at the games.

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

Hollywood wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:

Not if the people in charge know what they are doing and improve this team the way they should. People will be able to see the improvements quickly and will respond by showing up at the games.
Hence why I posted in the Wild GDT that maybe a few trades is just what this team needs. It all comes down to who they trade, what they get, and how well the team performs till the end of the season. I've got no problems with offloading a few players so long as the team gets back on track and finishes the season on some sort of high.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Wow, this thread's gotten a bit ugly since last night...

:lol:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

TC

Post by TC »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Wow, this thread's gotten a bit ugly since last night...

that happens when someone with preconceived notions of a website and its inhabitants registers with a chip on their shoulder about it and something to prove, apparently.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
Celtic wrote:I see you're fighting the good fight over here BBZ, but the delusion runs rampant on this board too. Sad, you'd think they'd know better. :roll:

Building for the future by trading the UFA's and spare parts > two home playoff games.
Welcome to LGB ... now that the formalities are out the way, what you just said is hinting on you being a tool. I don't think there would be too many people here who would argue that offloading some UFA's come the trade deadline would be a bad thing. But I think you would find people here arguing that not making the playoffs would be a good thing, the best thing right now for this team would be to win some games make the 8 and go from there. Win or lose in the playoffs is not really relevant as the fact that the team gets there will put more bums on seats which is one of the things this franchise needs right now. Player building for the future is one thing, but it's no good if no one turns up while you're doing that player building.
All I am going to say it this...
Halfway through the 3rd period of the Wednesday Wonder...I went to Kohl's with my wife because I thought the game was over.

I learned a pretty good lesson that day.
I've got a copy of that game if you'd like 1. I will be transferring it to DVD soon.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

TC wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:Wow, this thread's gotten a bit ugly since last night...

that happens when someone with preconceived notions of a website and its inhabitants registers with a chip on their shoulder about it and something to prove, apparently.
Sounds about right.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:
Celtic wrote:I see you're fighting the good fight over here BBZ, but the delusion runs rampant on this board too. Sad, you'd think they'd know better. :roll:

Building for the future by trading the UFA's and spare parts > two home playoff games.
Welcome to LGB ... now that the formalities are out the way, what you just said is hinting on you being a tool. I don't think there would be too many people here who would argue that offloading some UFA's come the trade deadline would be a bad thing. But I think you would find people here arguing that not making the playoffs would be a good thing, the best thing right now for this team would be to win some games make the 8 and go from there. Win or lose in the playoffs is not really relevant as the fact that the team gets there will put more bums on seats which is one of the things this franchise needs right now. Player building for the future is one thing, but it's no good if no one turns up while you're doing that player building.
Halfway through the 3rd period of the Wednesday Wonder...I went to Kohl's with my wife because I thought the game was over.

I've got a copy of that game if you'd like 1. I will be transferring it to DVD soon.
Yes, I would like a copy...if it's not too much trouble.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

cprice12 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:

Yes, I would like a copy...if it's not too much trouble.
Don't be afraid to share it a bit further :D

mjhopper
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by mjhopper »

trade the team.
-Mike

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:

I'd be happy to trade 2 tix for a copy... I was sick as a dog with the flu that night and don't remember it too well....

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

BF44 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:

I'd be happy to trade 2 tix for a copy... I was sick as a dog with the flu that night and don't remember it too well....
I'll work on it this weekend, just send me a reminder PM if you would like a copy.

Back to the topic: For those that want us in the playoffs, how much $ do you really think a first round series would generate?

Aode

Post by Aode »

stlbluz wrote:
BF44 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote:

I'll work on it this weekend, just send me a reminder PM if you would like a copy.

Back to the topic: For those that want us in the playoffs, how much $ do you really think a first round series would generate?
I would say it's not even about the money so much...

momentum for next season, stopping the losing trend (which has, sort of, already happened), and who knows what could happen in the playoffs?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Aode wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
BF44 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Tezmyster wrote: Welcome to LGB ... now that the formalities are out the way, what you just said is hinting on you being a tool. I don't think there would be too many people here who would argue that offloading some UFA's come the trade deadline would be a bad thing. But I think you would find people here arguing that not making the playoffs would be a good thing, the best thing right now for this team would be to win some games make the 8 and go from there. Win or lose in the playoffs is not really relevant as the fact that the team gets there will put more bums on seats which is one of the things this franchise needs right now. Player building for the future is one thing, but it's no good if no one turns up while you're doing that player building.

momentum for next season, stopping the losing trend (which has, sort of, already happened), and who knows what could happen in the playoffs?
Point is that we have so much more to gain by selling rather than putting some arses in the seats for 2 more games.

As for what happens in the playoffs, the Blues watch on a portable TV from the golf course.

oshockey
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by oshockey »

This kid is NOT available yet but may be soon. Young mennonite from lower Drayton, Ontario. Has been clocked at 102mph with a slap shot and has been timed at 13.85 seconds around the rink. Although only 14 he is a man among boys. He stands 6'1" and weighs 205 1/2 lbs. The trouble is he is allergic to hockey helmets and gloves. They don't know what to do. Apparently this condition is caused by digging up potatoes by hand and wearing a heavy cotton hat in the summer time. I am sure there is someone in the St.Louis area who may have a remedy for this.

Aode

Post by Aode »

stlbluz wrote:
Aode wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
BF44 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
cprice12 wrote: All I am going to say it this...

Point is that we have so much more to gain by selling rather than putting some arses in the seats for 2 more games.

As for what happens in the playoffs, the Blues watch on a portable TV from the golf course.
They keep showing up, they gotta win SOMEtime :lol: :lol:

No, I hear ya, and I don't disagree, its just that a playoffs St. Louis Blues sounds really, really good.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

So have we about given up on updating this thing?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Tezmyster
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Tezmyster »

ViPeRx007 wrote:So have we about given up on updating this thing?
8th: Minnesota : 60 points : 29 games remaining
9th: Colorado : 54 points : 31 games remaining
10th: Edmonton : 54 points : 30 games remaining
11th: Phoenix : 50 points : 30 games remaining
12th: St Louis : 48 points : 30 games remaining

Tomorrows games of significance:
Edmonton @ Colorado : Winner(?)
Minnesota @ Phoenix : Need Phoenix Win
Dallas @ St Louis : Need to break 3 game losing streak and win

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Outlook...not so good.

Can't be losing three in a row when we are where we are at this point in the season.

They'd have to rattle off 10 straight just to get semi close.

It was a fun run...but if they lose tomorrow, I think that's all she wrote.
If they were 6 or 8 pts. out right now and still winning, I'd be more optimistic.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by illownyou »

cprice12 wrote:
Outlook...not so good.

Can't be losing three in a row when we are where we are at this point in the season.

They'd have to rattle off 10 straight just to get semi close.

It was a fun run...but if they lose tomorrow, I think that's all she wrote.
If they were 6 or 8 pts. out right now and still winning, I'd be more optimistic.
++++

The Note seriously needs an amazing streak to break even after these three losses.

And by break even, I don't mean 3-3, I mean like a 7 game win streak for 7-3 over what would be the previous ten.

And thats probably not going to happen.
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...