Confirmed: MacInnis in HHOF!!!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:
:lol:
When did he get a DUI?
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ksbluesfan wrote:Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.
After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.
After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:
The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by WestCoastWingsFan »

Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:
When did he get a DUI?
I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

ksbluesfan wrote:The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Character doesn't win Cups. If you pass on quality players bc you don't like their personailties, it'll come back to bite you in the ass.

In all fairness to Shanny, he's not really a character concern. The only thing he's ever done was bang Janney's wife, so that's an isolated incident. And that happened after he joined the Blues, so they couldn't take it into account when they brought him to the club.

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Wow!!!!!! Al sounds like..... A CANADIAN!!!!! I'm shocked!!!!! :lol:

Just puttin' on da foil, coach!!!! :lol:

"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
When did he get a DUI?
I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.
Yeah, he seemed very family-orientated in St. Louis. The last guy I would picture getting liquored up.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by illownyou »

I too knew a Canadien who had grown up with Al in Nova Scotia and was still friends with him at the time I knew him.

He painted quite an interesting picture of Al as well...but out of respect for MacInnis, I'll leave out the details.
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

getting liquored up is no crime.

And so what if he used to get loaded and start fights at bars? That just makes me respect him even more.

AL rules.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

cprice12 wrote: Iafrate's career would have been so much better had he not had chronic knee problems.
And better hair.