GDT:CBJ@STL 7:30-Al MacInnis HOF Night

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Hitch didn't lose the faceoff. Besides, if it's a one goal game in the final few seconds something tells me the Blues are playing it a bit differently... everyone would be back defending. Poorly thought-out causation on your part IMO.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

ohio BLUES wrote:Hitch didn't lose the faceoff. Besides, if it's a one goal game in the final few seconds something tells me the Blues are playing it a bit differently... everyone would be back defending. Poorly thought-out causation on your part IMO.
Assuming a certain hypothetical path on your part IMO.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Thoughts:

- Thank god for Legace.
- Thank god the Blues Jackets are cross-eyed and shot many, many shots extremely wide.
- the refs were god awful when it came time to call deserved penalties against the Jackets.
- I swear to god EJ must use the Force to keep pucks in the zone. Unreal clinic tonight.
- I simply hate watching Blue Jackets’ hockey. I hated watching it last year, and I still hate now they are an improved hockey team. Everything is so mucked up. Outside of Nash, they suck all joy out of the sport.
- Backman and Wagner need to learn how to step up and take out or dismantle a guy barreling down on them. Eventually, backing up and backing up some more isn’t going to do it.
- It was pretty funny when the crowd got angry. Fun stuff.
- Glad to see I am not alone regarding the Beyonce commercial. It drives me up the wall.
- What is up with simply putting “Canada” on the back of a Blues jersey? With a font 50% too small for the name plate?
- Thank blue rat/mascot thing is a pervert.
Last edited by SIU LAW on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Donuts_For_Koharski wrote: - Ken Hitchcock is one of the 5 or 6 best coaches in the league.
Pulling the goalie with a center ice faceoff cost them the game.. Few games where you can say the coach was the difference, but he pretty much single-handedly lost the game with that bonehead move, so I don't know where this comment comes from.
I wouldn't say it cost them the game.
Nash may not score if the Blues didn't hit the empty netter. The series of events that occurred after Mayers scored the empty netter would have been completely different had he not scored.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

execwrite
All-Star
All-Star

Post by execwrite »

Hitchcock made a stupid move pulling the goalie there.

Backman needs to sit and McKee needs to play Saturday in Nashville.

Legace was great.

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

Anybody else think that Stempniak is injured in some way. He is skating like he is in mud. The guy is truly snake bitten. Hopefully this is just a sophmore slump. The guy was our best player in preseason.

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

Donuts_For_Koharski wrote:- Rick Nash is a beast.
I had never seen Columbus live until last night. And you are absolutely right. He's even better than I thought he was watching him on t.v. The guy just does what he wants for the most part. Guys just bounce off of him and has a nose for the net, slick hands and a cannon for a shot. What else do you need out of a #1 guy? He's the complete hockey player from what I can tell.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

SIU LAW wrote:- What is up with simply putting “Canada” on the back of a Blues jersey? With a font 50% too small for the name plate?
I saw that guy as I was walking in last night and heard somebody completely random wonder the same thing outloud.

I hope theres a story worth telling there. Otherwise...

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I wonder what Murray tells the defensemen. All of the defensemen keep backing up rather than attacking. The key must be what they do when they have the puck because he seems to reward players who get the puck into the offensive zone.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

ksbluesfan wrote:I wonder what Murray tells the defensemen. All of the defensemen keep backing up rather than attacking. The key must be what they do when they have the puck because he seems to reward players who get the puck into the offensive zone.
There have to be a dozen times every game where our dmen could have kept the puck in the zone but decide to play it safe and back up into the neutral zone. Of course sometimes you have to do that, but I think our dmen play way to conservative... which I think is leftover habits from the Kitchen era.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

OS wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:I wonder what Murray tells the defensemen. All of the defensemen keep backing up rather than attacking. The key must be what they do when they have the puck because he seems to reward players who get the puck into the offensive zone.
There have to be a dozen times every game where our dmen could have kept the puck in the zone but decide to play it safe and back up into the neutral zone. Of course sometimes you have to do that, but I think our dmen play way to conservative... which I think is leftover habits from the Kitchen era.
I meant when the Blues are defending against a rush. It's common to see the Blues skate backwards until they are in the crease rather than attacking when they get to the hash marks.

Ehijo
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Ehijo »

execwrite wrote:Backman needs to sit and McKee needs to play Saturday in Nashville.
I'd be pretty surprised if that doesn't happen.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

I love how depressed the FSN-Ohio announcer gets after Boyes scores. It's great! (Blues TV)

hockeychick5739
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by hockeychick5739 »

This is kind of random, but I thought I'd throw out there how I was super pumped to see R Johnson with the "A" on his jersey last night. Was last night the first time he's had it or was it just the first time I noticed it? Either way..good for him, he's earned it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

can someone answer a quick question...

I got a Pacers game during the slot allegedly when the Blues were supposed to be televised- this has happened more than once.

Is it that depending on where you live in the FSN Midwest area that you don't get certain games if there is something better for them to put on?

I live in southern Indiana, does that make any difference?
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

WaukeeBlues wrote:can someone answer a quick question...

I got a Pacers game during the slot allegedly when the Blues were supposed to be televised- this has happened more than once.

Is it that depending on where you live in the FSN Midwest area that you don't get certain games if there is something better for them to put on?

Yeah, I believe the Pacers would have precedence for you, based on location, when they are playing. I'm not an expert on broadcast rights, though. This could be a question for FSN-MW.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ohio BLUES wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:can someone answer a quick question...

Yeah, I believe the Pacers would have precedence for you, based on location, when they are playing. I'm not an expert on broadcast rights, though. This could be a question for FSN-MW.
Makes sense. Sometimes though it's really random (there was something about the army training procedures documentary on another time).

I donno- like you said, something I should probably be asking FSN MW about.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk