GDT:CBJ@STL 7:30-Al MacInnis HOF Night

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Perron is electric, boogey woogey woogey woo.

You can feel it...
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The refs are d-bags, Backman had a dreadful game, and Brewer still sucks. That's my report from tonight's game.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

_Gassoff wrote:
richtedm wrote:Perron may not have scored, but the kid (and I can finally say kid because he is three years younger than I) will finish every hit he lines himself up for.
Being that it was Al MacInnis night, I could help but reflect upon the idea that Al is 5 days younger than I am.

And, you are right about Perron. I'm glad he is staying up. I think I agree with Bernie when he said that Perron scoring 50+ goals in juniors isn't really anything new for him, and wouldn't aid in his development. Plus, the kid (and I can say kid because my youngest child is 17) doesn't look intimidated out there at all.
I call him a kid cause i was riding a f*ckin tricycle when that f*cker was just starting to walk.. I'm teh old!

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Well...Columbus definately outchanced us, but Legace held the fort and we took advantage of some timely goals.

Zherdev and Nash scare the crap out of me when they are in the offensive zone. Zherdev is so slick, and you just can't get the puck away from Nash or knock him down. He's a machine.

I slow-moed the penalty to Backman in the 3rd when he high sticked Nash...it was no high stick. BS call...Nash embellished it big time. Backman hit him in the bicep, below the shoulder pad and Nash threw his head back and screamed and grabbed his neck. What a douche. Justice was served by us killing off that 5 on 3...because it shouldn't have even been a 5 on 3.

During the press conference after the game, Murray said the reason why he was so upset in the 3rd period, was because Hitchcock was putting six guys out during a line change, then watching to see who we put out and then decided which guy to pull back so he could get a favorable matchup on the faceoffs. He said one ref warned Hitchcock twice about it and when he did it again, they weren't going to give him a penalty. No wonder they were doing so well on the faceoffs...they were cheating.

It sure it nice to have goalie who can steal games. Legace stole this one.

Hitchcock is an idiot for not playing Leclaire. How do you not start a goalie who has two shutouts in two games against the team you're playing...and it's a division game no less. Dumb. He deserved to lose this game.

King kicked Shelley's ass. He connected with three shots to the face...and Shelley was bleeding pretty good.

What the hell is wrong with Stempniak? He was falling down all over the place tonight, mishandling the puck, and the puck was easily taken from him all night long...and he isn't coming close to converting the chances he gets. He had one good shot on goal this game that I saw...and blew half a dozen others. YOU'RE ON MY FANTASY TEAM LEE....knock this shit off.

Perron looked good again. He made some slick passes, threw a few good checks and created some stuff around the net. It's good to hear he's staying with the big club all year.

The Blues have a nice rivalry going here with Columbus.

A win tomorrow against Nashville will be huge...but I'm not feeling good about it. Games on back to back nights, the 2nd of which is against a Nashville team that has been playing well lately.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I'm watching the ceremony now; somehow, the boos for Bettman didn't seem anywhere near as loud as they seemed in person. :lol:

And damn, Checketts is one smooth cat. In such a good way.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Great crowd tonight. That place was ANGRY after the 5-on-3 call, and the place went apoplectic on the Boyes goal. It's coming back...

...but Brewer still sucks. The crowd is starting to turn on him en masse...
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

marco wrote:
drwoland wrote:Sloppy, but I'll take it. Legace is a BEAST.
:plusplus:

Also - I'd like to echo Perron's excellent play. People are taking notice too. There was a buzz about him at the S-Trade tonight.

And holy shit balls did that place EXPLODE when Boyes scored. WOW!!! It was awesome! It was very festive tonight, a great game to attend, and it will have other more fair weather fans coming back.
After I finished my jubilation I realized how awesome STC looked. The place was so full, standing, and jubilant.

I was listening to XM Home Ice's "THe War Room," and one of the hosts said, that when things are going well, scottrade center is one of the most rocking arenas in the NHL."

And it is true from my experience and much better than the Joe. I've been to Blues games in Landover, Chicago 3X, Detroit 2X, Philly, and Boston, and the only place that compared when it comes to atmosphere was F U center in Philly.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Oh, and that clip from the hardest shot competition they kept showing was one of the coolest ever...Blake shot it 99.9 mph and LeClair (who was miked) followed with 100.0. Al went last and hit 100.1, and someone approached LeClair for an interview. He said, "Why me? Al won!" The guy said, "It's radio. They're takin' Al for TV." :D

StempniakforPrez
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StempniakforPrez »

Nice to see the Blues still win although the Jackets paid the refs off tonight.

Scottrade was absolutely electric after the goal by Boyes. So happy I ended up being able to go. Brewer sucked as always, but had a few moments on the power play where he did a good job of keeping the puck in the zone. Unfortunately that kind of play will never be consistent from him.

GO BLUES!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Jack T Adams wrote:
marco wrote:
drwoland wrote:Sloppy, but I'll take it. Legace is a BEAST.
:plusplus:

Also - I'd like to echo Perron's excellent play. People are taking notice too. There was a buzz about him at the S-Trade tonight.

And holy shit balls did that place EXPLODE when Boyes scored. WOW!!! It was awesome! It was very festive tonight, a great game to attend, and it will have other more fair weather fans coming back.
After I finished my jubilation I realized how awesome STC looked. The place was so full, standing, and jubilant.

I was listening to XM Home Ice's "THe War Room," and one of the hosts said, that when things are going well, scottrade center is one of the most rocking arenas in the NHL."

And it is true from my experience and much better than the Joe. I've been to Blues games in Landover, Chicago 3X, Detroit 2X, Philly, and Boston, and the only place that compared when it comes to atmosphere was F U center in Philly.
The STC was absolutely rocking when we put up 4 on Detroit in the 2nd on Wednesday.
The crowd was still loud as hell from the 3rd goal, and then when Mayers scored while they were announcing the 3rd goal...OMG the fans blew the roof off the place.

It was friggin' cool. 8)
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Nyghtewynd wrote:...but Brewer still sucks. The crowd is starting to turn on him en masse...
The day he's traded will be the happiest day in Blues history.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

ohio BLUES wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:...but Brewer still sucks. The crowd is starting to turn on him en masse...
The day he's traded will be the happiest day that ever happened in the history of teh oo-neeverse!!!elevens!!111!.
Fixed.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Donuts_For_Koharski
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Donuts_For_Koharski »

Thoughts on the game
- David Perron is a very special talent. He does things with the puck that are amazing. No points tonight, but if he had a different centerman (Dougie was complete shit again tonight), he would give Kane a run for the Calder. He even had a couple nice body checks tonight. I hope the skating pussy that is Christian Backman was watching.
- Eric Johnson and Steve Wagner were the two best d-ment on the ice tonight. Brewer was OK, but had several Khavanov moments. He was on the ice for the entire 5-on-3 and did very well. Backman still is clueless for the most part.
- Rick Nash is a beast.
- Ryan Johnson played a hell of a game. He layed a number of Jackets out tonight.
- Brad Boyes better have Paul Kariya and JD on his Xmas card list for the rest of his life.
- Manny Legace. Wow, another simply amazing game.
- Ken Hitchcock is one of the 5 or 6 best coaches in the league.
- The place went completely nuts when each of the two penalties from the 5-on-3 expired. It's fun to be a Blues fan again.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Donuts_For_Koharski wrote: - Ken Hitchcock is one of the 5 or 6 best coaches in the league.
Pulling the goalie with a center ice faceoff cost them the game.. Few games where you can say the coach was the difference, but he pretty much single-handedly lost the game with that bonehead move, so I don't know where this comment comes from.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Donuts_For_Koharski wrote: - Ken Hitchcock is one of the 5 or 6 best coaches in the league.
Pulling the goalie with a center ice faceoff cost them the game.. Few games where you can say the coach was the difference, but he pretty much single-handedly lost the game with that bonehead move, so I don't know where this comment comes from.
In retrospect, the move backfired, but what if they win the faceoff and take it in? It looks good because you don't waste precious time.

I'll assume DFK's comment comes from turning around an awful Columbus team in like a year and a half. They are playing spirited, talented hockey, and they won't give up. Columbus is a great market for hockey and it's good to have them playing well both for the league and the division.

And the best part about it is that C-bus hasn't gone out and signed free agents to improve... they have done it from within. Hitchcock has made every player on that roster better... somehow. Look at Jason Chimera, for example... sucked ass with Edmonton and he's flying all over the ice as a Jacket.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Um, I didn't watch the whole thing, but the Al DVD is kinda lame thus far.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

ohio BLUES wrote:Um, I didn't watch the whole thing, but the Al DVD is kinda lame thus far.
Really a free promotion given to like 20,000 people is lame?

I'll call the FBI.

Donuts_For_Koharski
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Donuts_For_Koharski »

ohio BLUES wrote:
In retrospect, the move backfired, but what if they win the faceoff and take it in? It looks good because you don't waste precious time.

I'll assume DFK's comment comes from turning around an awful Columbus team in like a year and a half. They are playing spirited, talented hockey, and they won't give up. Columbus is a great market for hockey and it's good to have them playing well both for the league and the division.

And the best part about it is that C-bus hasn't gone out and signed free agents to improve... they have done it from within. Hitchcock has made every player on that roster better... somehow. Look at Jason Chimera, for example... sucked ass with Edmonton and he's flying all over the ice as a Jacket.
I'm glad there are a few people here that still have a clue.

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

Donuts_For_Koharski wrote:Thoughts on the game
- David Perron is a very special talent. He does things with the puck that are amazing. No points tonight, but if he had a different centerman (Dougie was complete shit again tonight), he would give Kane a run for the Calder. He even had a couple nice body checks tonight. I hope the skating pussy that is Christian Backman was watching.
- Eric Johnson and Steve Wagner were the two best d-ment on the ice tonight. Brewer was OK, but had several Khavanov moments. He was on the ice for the entire 5-on-3 and did very well. Backman still is clueless for the most part.
- Rick Nash is a beast.
- Ryan Johnson played a hell of a game. He layed a number of Jackets out tonight.
- Brad Boyes better have Paul Kariya and JD on his Xmas card list for the rest of his life.
- Manny Legace. Wow, another simply amazing game.
- Ken Hitchcock is one of the 5 or 6 best coaches in the league.
- The place went completely nuts when each of the two penalties from the 5-on-3 expired. It's fun to be a Blues fan again.
++
Ken's teams always work hard as hell and rarely make a mistakes. You don't beat them on a breakway or odd man rush. You beat them with hard, persistant work.

Hope to see you Wednesday night at Sports Zone bud.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Donuts_For_Koharski wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:

I'm glad there are a few people here that still have a clue.
Course he's a good coach. I just don't see how bringing that up tonight makes much sense since he was the difference in the game in a negative way.