Per Strickland; Weight/Birner/8th for Andy McDonald

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Shhhh nobody call the MacDonald/Weight trade stupid. Anaheim might read this and take back their trade....keep it on the DL..

Seriously though, the Brad Boyes trade, now this. John Davidson is clearly very good at his job and it is inevitable we will get a Stanley Cup with him managing our team.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I enjoy laughing at all my Ranger fan family and friends about how we robbed JD from them and they'll never get him back.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

I bet there'll be at least some effort made to put Weight in the note again next year if he doesn't retire and for sure if he does. It could be tough to find a place on the bench for him next year... maybe he'll replace Bernie? Fingers crossed...

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

drwoland wrote:I bet there'll be at least some effort made to put Weight in the note again next year if he doesn't retire and for sure if he does.
He will not skate for the Blues again. Davidson made it clear they have no plans for Doug Weight the player after this season.

I hope he is an active Blues alumni. But after being cast out twice, he may think "F 'em."

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

SIU LAW wrote:
drwoland wrote:I bet there'll be at least some effort made to put Weight in the note again next year if he doesn't retire and for sure if he does.
He will not skate for the Blues again. Davidson made it clear they have no plans for Doug Weight the player after this season.

I hope he is an active Blues alumni. But after being cast out twice, he may think "F 'em."
Really? I guess it makes sense with the rebuild...

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

drwoland wrote: maybe he'll replace Bernie? Fingers crossed...
You're kidding, right?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

I will miss Dougie too. I've been a fan of his ever since that one magical day as an Oiler where he hunted down and beat the living shit out of Bryan Marchment in the first period of the game, and got ejected for it :lol:

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Rohan wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Why? Weight always sounded well spoken enough to me, and Bernie is going senile lately with his commentary.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:I will miss Dougie too. I've been a fan of his ever since that one magical day as an Oiler where he hunted down and beat the living shit out of Bryan Marchment in the first period of the game, and got ejected for it :lol:
That was beautiful. It's prominently featured on more than one of my compilation DVDs and I giggle like a schoolgirl every time I see it. :grin:

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Blueline29 wrote:
Blues Fan in SF wrote:I will miss Dougie too. I've been a fan of his ever since that one magical day as an Oiler where he hunted down and beat the living shit out of Bryan Marchment in the first period of the game, and got ejected for it :lol:
That was beautiful. It's prominently featured on more than one of my compilation DVDs and I giggle like a schoolgirl every time I see it. :grin:
Even when he was with the Sharks, I hated that SOB. I threw a party the day he was sent packing to the Avs. :lol:

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I remember that game. Marchment gave Weight a low-bridge across the knees and Weight chased him until he caught him and beat his ass. Good times.

:lol:

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Portland Blues wrote:
I remember that game. Marchment gave Weight a low-bridge across the knees and Weight chased him until he caught him and beat his ass. Good times.

Yep. That was his specialty. :evil:

Dougie left the ice after the knee-on-knee hit, and came back later in the first...his first shift you could see him on the ice - tracking Marchment...he caught him right around center ice, cross-checked him in the neck, dropped the gloves and just started pummelling him...

It was hilarious :lol: I think I actually applauded my TV when I saw it :lol:

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:

Yep. That was his specialty. :evil:

Dougie left the ice after the knee-on-knee hit, and came back later in the first...his first shift you could see him on the ice - tracking Marchment...he caught him right around center ice, cross-checked him in the neck, dropped the gloves and just started pummelling him...

It was hilarious :lol: I think I actually applauded my TV when I saw it :lol:
I longed to see Weight do the same in a Blues uniform. He seems like a true gentleman of the sport. I wish him all the best. Bastard at least gets to play with Pronger. :grin:

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

I've met Weight a few times... He is probably one of the coolest professional athletes you could ever meet. Very nice guy.

Good luck, Doug.

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

drwoland wrote:
Rohan wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Why? Weight always sounded well spoken enough to me, and Bernie is going senile lately with his commentary.
I agree Bernie is way gone, but Weight? I'm thinking more in lines of time spent with the note. They don't even compare. If they end up replacing Bernie, I hope to god it's somebody who has a little more history than Weight.

20 years from now, I'm gonna think of Doug Weight as an Oiler.

Or a 'lil bitch.

One of the two.

***No offense to the people who have said nice things about him in this thread.***
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Rohan wrote:
drwoland wrote:
Rohan wrote:
You're kidding, right?
I agree Bernie is way gone, but Weight? I'm thinking more in lines of time spent with the note. They don't even compare. If they end up replacing Bernie, I hope to god it's somebody who has a little more history than Weight.

20 years from now, I'm gonna think of Doug Weight as an Oiler.

Or a 'lil bitch.

One of the two.

***No offense to the people who have said nice things about him in this thread.***
Hmm perhaps. I'm pretty young and didn't get into the blues till probably highschool, so to me Weight has been here a long time, but that's obviously nothing from an older perspective.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Nice deal. AMac will definitely add some speed and he can score...something that Weight doesn't do regularly.

I like Dougie. A great professional and always fun to watch when he has the puck. But this team is getting better.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I was at a Christmas party when I heard... needless to say it was a GREAT party!

Thanks Weight, for turning into Andy McDonald! Good luck in Anaheim :)
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

How will St. Louis remember the (2nd) DUG WAITz era??!?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

You guys have this one cornered so I'll just keep 'spinning the record.'

I'd like to ++ the Weight & high character comments. Absolutely one of the best character athletes in the St. Louis sports scene right now --- he'll be dearly missed for that.

And then on the personnel side... Weight for Andy McFackingDonald? Wow! Andy isn't exactly lighting it up this year, but I remember a kid last year in Boston who wasn't living up to expectations... what's his name... um, Brad-Something... ah! Brad Boyes, yeah! We traded somethin' for him and he's having a kick ass season --- I can only hope for a similar resurgence for A-Mac... hell AM should play them on the same line... oh he is already :D This is some pretty cool shat.