GDT SCF Gm 6: 6/9/19 | 7 PM CT | vs Bruins | NBC

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT SCF Gm 6: 6/9/19 | 7 PM CT | vs Bruins | NBC

Post by glen a richter »

I'm sorry to say that the Blues basically need to pummel Boston into next month and worry about the suspensions later on. They're not going to win game 7 any other way, Bruins are more skilled, faster and have been playing as a cohesive unit for much longer. The only thing that goes in the Blues favor is that they should be well rested given they didn't actually start playing hockey until January.

I guess either way I should be happy--this season took an amazing turn that no one expected. If you go back to page 5 of the forum and look at the threads there, we all had a lot of doom and gloom, rightfully so given the way things were going. But, second place is still the first loser and losing in a 7 game series is still losing. I just hope they realize that it's hard enough to get to the SCF once, to expect them to manage to swing it again next season is a really tall task. The Cup isn't the hardest trophy in sports to win for no reason and if they come up short it could be a long time before they have this chance again.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

heff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heff »

Portland Blues wrote:I'm also curious as to why our physical game seemed to be MIA last night? We've been pounding Boston every time they touched the puck in previous games making them hesitant but for some reason that was missing last night.
Because those dickless fucks at the DoPS keep suspending us for hits that the Bruins invite with their bent-over, head-down style of play. They might be coached that way since they know they'll get the calls/suspensions in their favor. We're also the taller team.

Only six players have ever been suspended during the Stanley Cup Final, and two of those are from the Blues:

Ivan Barbashev (STL 2019) - illegal check to the head
Oskar Sundqvist (STL 2019) - illegal check to the head
Aaron Rome (VAN 2011) - late hit
Chris Pronger (ANA 2007) - blow to the head
Ville Nieminen (CGY 2004) - hit from behind
Jiri Fischer (DET 2002) - cross check

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

heff wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:I'm also curious as to why our physical game seemed to be MIA last night? We've been pounding Boston every time they touched the puck in previous games making them hesitant but for some reason that was missing last night.
Because those dickless fucks at the DoPS keep suspending us for hits that the Bruins invite with their bent-over, head-down style of play. They might be coached that way since they know they'll get the calls/suspensions in their favor. We're also the taller team.

Only six players have ever been suspended during the Stanley Cup Final, and two of those are from the Blues:

Ivan Barbashev (STL 2019) - illegal check to the head
Oskar Sundqvist (STL 2019) - illegal check to the head
Aaron Rome (VAN 2011) - late hit
Chris Pronger (ANA 2007) - blow to the head
Ville Nieminen (CGY 2004) - hit from behind
Jiri Fischer (DET 2002) - cross check
Given that there's no game 8, the only solution may be to play a game so dirty it makes Goon Attack blush.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Kerfuffle wrote:Blues need to come out physical in game 7 - that is where they dominated in games 4 and 5. I thought they looked flat all night in game 6. Too much pressure at home - I think you guys play better when on the road. And what was with the premature newspaper announcement? Not the team's fault of course but damn that doesn't help.
Welcome back!

If the Blues end up losing tomorrow night I'm fairly certain that the St. Louis Post Dispatch will be burned to the ground.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:Blues need to come out physical in game 7 - that is where they dominated in games 4 and 5. I thought they looked flat all night in game 6. Too much pressure at home - I think you guys play better when on the road. And what was with the premature newspaper announcement? Not the team's fault of course but damn that doesn't help.
Welcome back!

If the Blues end up losing tomorrow night I'm fairly certain that the St. Louis Post Dispatch will be burned to the ground.
:plusplus:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season