GDT SCF Gm 7: 6/12/19 | 7 PM CT | @ Bruins | NBC

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT SCF Gm 7: 6/12/19 | 7 PM CT | @ Bruins | NBC

Post by glen a richter »

JCShutout wrote:I'm failing at sleeping, and I've already spent $ on a few items, plus the Binner jersey I'm going to buy (Might take a couple vacation hours tomorrow to head to the team store to get the right size) and I'm sure some other stuff. Blues be making money.

Also, this. https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1139050759595708417
I bought the championship shirt, not the one the guys were wearing, I bought the one with all the jerseys on the back, and the hat. Might place a second order for the official shirt and I also want a license plate frame. I would love a hard copy of every relevant St. Louis newspaper, but that might be harder to come by.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

glen a richter wrote:I bought the championship shirt, not the one the guys were wearing, I bought the one with all the jerseys on the back, and the hat. Might place a second order for the official shirt and I also want a license plate frame. I would love a hard copy of every relevant St. Louis newspaper, but that might be harder to come by.
Got my Binner jersey ordered online (wanted the champions patch which isn't in until next week) but tested sizes in store. Bought a hat and a couple of keepsakes. I'll be buying the budweiser bottles and champaign. Its crazy, I love the Cards, but bought nothing when they won. Eventually got a bud bottle from 06 and 11 from friends and bought a poster a few years later, but with the Blues its different. They're my first love. I've been in and out of tears and euphoric all day. (and still awake after under 3 hours sleep!) They are getting all of the monies. Bought commemorative tickets for me and my Dad for the 3 games we attended too and the team photo around the cup.

More importantly for you, you can buy reprints of the papers from the post dispatch store. I was able to snag all the SCF wins from gas stations/grocery stores but missed the conference final win (only other one I wanted) and I bought it from them. $5 per, plus a hefty shipping fee, but totally worth it.

https://www.thepost-dispatchstore.com/
*Go to "Post Dispatch Exclusives/sports" on the sidebar to get to the Enterprise Editions of the papers.

And yes, it looks like a shitty website from 1997, but like I said, I bought from them and everything went fine.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Thanks for that! In related news, I just now read the confirmation email from the nhl shop. My stuff isn’t supposed to arrive until July 24th??? What the hell? That better be a mistake. I want to be buried in the T-shirt and hat, if I die before it comes they put my ass on ice and wait.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

My wife and I drunkenly went on a spending spree on the Fanatics website after the Blues won and the shop was opened up.

I'll refrain from divulging what was spent but it was a hefty three-digit number.

I'm not even upset about it. :goblues: :cup:

Hey guys: WE WON THE F**KING STANLEY CUP!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

John Kelly is some kind of good luck charm. Avs, Lightning, and now Blues have all won Cups with him as PBP guy.

Arguably the Blues centers (1 through 4) weren't drafted by the Blues. ROR (trade), Schenn (trade), Bozak (FA), Sundqvist (trade). No team has ever won a Cup (outside of when the league started) with their "top 4" centers acquired this way. One could argue Barbashev is 4th with Sundqvist, though. It still holds true for 3 centers.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

I'm glad other people have shared that they have spent the $$$. Makes me feel better. I'm usually so disciplined. lol. BUT THE BLUES ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Anyone attend the parades for the Rams or Cardinals know about how long these things usually go? I'm going to try to go to this one. Normally not one for crowds, but its the Blues so I'll be there. Thinking of getting there early, 10, 10:30ish because I figure it will fill up soon. That too late?

I'm thinking the arch grounds might be the most fun place to be. Other thoughts? Start or end point a better choice?

Oh, and everytime I post here my wife wants me to post the dancing banana. Its her favorite. So here you go hon. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :goblues: :goblues: :goblues: :goblues: :goblues: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Oh I'm not done spending money. I did a quick order post game/pre-Cup, but today I'm ordering everything else I wanted, except the Binnington jersey. Need to wait until my next pay raise for that one. I'm going with the DVD, license plate frame, newspaper and maybe a framed photo. As for the money, we'll just consider it a combined Father's Day/anniversary/birthday present and call it a day.

A buddy of mine at work said in 94 he bought two of everything--one to wear and one to preserve. Not a bad idea.

Also, if anyone else bought from the NHL shop, I just got off with customer service and the guy told me the ship dates were accurate--they're backed up with the warehouse and inventory and when they get things figured out they'll be emailing updated ship dates. For the time being we can expect to not get our stuff until mid-late July. I don't know how backed up the other sites are but this is probably as good as it'll get. I've been waiting since I was 12 years old for this, I can wait another month.

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Oh yeah, I'm not done either. First purchase at 3am after the win. (One ship date is September, but who cares) Then at the team store, then buying the Binner jersey. Then the budweiser stuff once available, and I still haven't decided on a t shirt and I'm sure I'll buy more.

Maybe I should cancel the jersey order though. Only reason I didn't have one this year is because I finally moved on from my old MacInnis jersey because I've lost 140lbs in the last 6 years. It was basically a circus tent on me and I had stopped wearing it anyways for that reason, so I sold it before the year started. (I own a tiny house, can't keep everything) This was the first year since like 1995 or so that I didn't have a jersey. I thought about getting another Chopper jersey, but decided to just wait until inspiration hit. As a former goalie who lived and died on fundamentals/cutting angles, etc, Binner has a special place in my heart, and I said to many people after game 5 that if the Blues go all the way, Binner it is. I usually don't like getting current players' jerseys in case they leave. Didn't get Mac until he retired. But no matter what happens in the future, #50 will always be a Blues legend.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

JCShutout wrote:Oh yeah, I'm not done either. First purchase at 3am after the win. (One ship date is September, but who cares) Then at the team store, then buying the Binner jersey. Then the budweiser stuff once available, and I still haven't decided on a t shirt and I'm sure I'll buy more.

Maybe I should cancel the jersey order though. Only reason I didn't have one this year is because I finally moved on from my old MacInnis jersey because I've lost 140lbs in the last 6 years. It was basically a circus tent on me and I had stopped wearing it anyways for that reason, so I sold it before the year started. (I own a tiny house, can't keep everything) This was the first year since like 1995 or so that I didn't have a jersey. I thought about getting another Chopper jersey, but decided to just wait until inspiration hit. As a former goalie who lived and died on fundamentals/cutting angles, etc, Binner has a special place in my heart, and I said to many people after game 5 that if the Blues go all the way, Binner it is. I usually don't like getting current players' jerseys in case they leave. Didn't get Mac until he retired. But no matter what happens in the future, #50 will always be a Blues legend.
Yup! I bought an O'Reilly FINALS patch jersey for basically the same reason. He'll be the Conn Smythe winner the year the Blues won the cup forever and always.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I've been watching everything on repeat since yesterday, then on YouTube today I see a 47 second video, the moment Laila found out she was going to Boston for game 7. Man, as happy as I am for every single one of us and every Blues fan on the planet I really think I'm the happiest for her.

ibldbl
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ibldbl »

glen a richter wrote:I've been watching everything on repeat since yesterday, then on YouTube today I see a 47 second video, the moment Laila found out she was going to Boston for game 7. Man, as happy as I am for every single one of us and every Blues fan on the planet I really think I'm the happiest for her.
:plusplus: :letsgoblues:
Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly 2021 - 2022
Official LGB Sponsor of Colton Parayko 2017 - 2019
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk 2016 - 2017
Official LGB Sponsor of Troy Brouwer 2015 - 2016
Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz 2013 - 2015

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Being on fixed retirement income, haven't spent money, yet. Probably going to look for one of those ridiculously good sales a few months from now. Already have enough Blues shirts to wear a different one every day for 2 weeks, plus 2 jerseys... Just want to have some Stanley Cup gear, finally!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I feel a tiny sense of guilt at spending over $100 on stuff, I just put in my second order plus ordered a copy of the Post Dispatch from after the win. But I'm sure I'll get over the spending. I'll hold off on the jersey because I'm genuinely torn on whether I want Binnington or Parayko. I've wanted a Parayko for a while now but never felt justified in spending the money.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I've watched the repeat showing of Game 7 on the NHL Network about 6 times now It's nice to notice some of the things I missed during the actual game. And, I could watch that sequence of Marchand whiffing on a hit and then changing while we score on loop for hours. :lol:

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:I've wanted a Parayko for a while now but never felt justified in spending the money.
I spent the money on a Parayko jersey his rookie season, when it had to be special ordered. :)

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Parade was crowded, but fun. Metro was beyond full well before 9am, so I gave up on the arch grounds, drove to about 12 blocks west of the start point, walked down and found a spot at the beginning about 6 people back. Long but good day. Got to see the CUP!!!! Then was able to easily leave and get home to watch the arch rally on tv.

Cool things I saw:

Someone threw a beer to Schwartz. He caught it and downed it.

Maroon refused to sit in his truck, engaging with the crowd the entire time. At one point he grabbed and guy's beer and just downed it.

ROR had a cool hat, and had the Conn Smyth Trophy.

Petro carried the cup around on the street.

OMG, Binner just swore on the stage into the mic. No chance for the bleeper.

Maroon is DRUNK and loving it. He and Hullie need to hang out.

Larry Robinson flipped off Boston.

Yes I bought and drank a Gloria beer.

Oh, and someone on gatewayredbirds.com posted this, which is amazing.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1139170563790757891

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I watched as much as I could on tv, then when the kids wanted to go to the park I switched over to watching on nhl.com. Wish I could have been there but that’s the life of a non local fan, I suppose. O’Reillys hat was great!

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Brett Hull living his best life as the kids say...

https://www.stlmag.com/news/sports/bret ... EQ2K5VK0qY

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Day 6 since the Blues won the Stanley Cup. I still have to pinch myself every morning to make sure I am not asleep. Parade was fantastic. Everything about it. Haven't watched a TV recording of it yet but being there was priceless. The moments one lives for. Having breakfast downtown surrounded by the Blues jerseys. Walking around downtown surrounded by the Blues jerseys. Being part of that human ocean that continued to rumble in excitement as the guys walked by. A guy in front of me had his kid held and hugged by Vladi and literally broke down in tears. People driving in from Chicago in the wee hours of the morning. The Blues having a blast. Fans having a blast. Couldn't wish for a better Father's Day and upcoming birthday present.

Oh, dads here - Happy Fathers' Day!

We got the cup!
:cup: :goblues:
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

I haven't posted in a while.... What did I miss?
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.