GDT SCF Gm 7: 6/12/19 | 7 PM CT | @ Bruins | NBC

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT SCF Gm 7: 6/12/19 | 7 PM CT | @ Bruins | NBC

Post by Portland Blues »

F Keenan wrote:I haven't posted in a while.... What did I miss?
Apparently (according to San Jose & Boston fans) some loser team of bullies treated the good teams really mean and won the Cup this year. :lol:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The 3rd period of game 7 felt like it lasted about a year. The whole last week has felt like about 3 minutes.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:The 3rd period of game 7 felt like it lasted about a year. The whole last week has felt like about 3 minutes.
1st and 2nd periods felt like they lasted way longer than the 3rd :lol:

But yea I hear ya!!! I still get emotional when I see pictures of the boys with the cup, and Petro raising it above his head. But 7 days later I've stopped getting misty every time I see it :lol:

:letsgoblues: :cup:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
glen a richter wrote:The 3rd period of game 7 felt like it lasted about a year. The whole last week has felt like about 3 minutes.

But yea I hear ya!!! I still get emotional when I see pictures of the boys with the cup, and Petro raising it above his head. But 7 days later I've stopped getting misty every time I see it :lol:

Yeah, the 3rd felt like it went, not quick, but not slow. There were a lot of periods in rounds 3 and 4 that felt like they took forever.

I haven't been misty eyed for a few days, but am still pretty excited. Today was the first day I probably started coming down from being euphoric, which lasted about a week. (I think the parade buoyed the feeling) With the awards last night, the draft tomorrow, RFAs and UFAs in 10 days, there is still a heck of a lot to stay excited for for another 2+ weeks before it all finally slows down.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

JCShutout wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

Yeah, the 3rd felt like it went, not quick, but not slow. There were a lot of periods in rounds 3 and 4 that felt like they took forever.

I haven't been misty eyed for a few days, but am still pretty excited. Today was the first day I probably started coming down from being euphoric, which lasted about a week. (I think the parade buoyed the feeling) With the awards last night, the draft tomorrow, RFAs and UFAs in 10 days, there is still a heck of a lot to stay excited for for another 2+ weeks before it all finally slows down.
Wearing my SC Championship t shirt and hat at work today. Feels gooooooooood. :cup:
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

My hat shipped, nothing else did. I’m guessing I’ll get all my stuff in 5 separate shipments.

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

I was fortunate enough to have family drive directly to one of the stores in The Lou that were selling championship gear within hours of the Blues winning game 7. They had it all waiting for me when I got into town Friday before the parade, otherwise, I'd be in the same boat.

If you wear an XL, I have an extra gray official Tshirt that I bought. It's way to big for me. My large that I'm wearing today is perfect. Let me know. I'd be happy to ship it to you in exchange for a venmo or paypal. That goes for anyone in the LGB community. I also have a Western Conf Finals XL that is too big for me. I'd do the same with that. Those babies just don't shrink with washing / drying. So, I gotta find some buyers so I have money to turn around and by Larges.

If not, I guess I'll just wear the biggie sizes. lol

You can also follow me @danhullmnu92 on Twitter if you want.

Let's Go Blues!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

StL Dan wrote:I was fortunate enough to have family drive directly to one of the stores in The Lou that were selling championship gear within hours of the Blues winning game 7. They had it all waiting for me when I got into town Friday before the parade, otherwise, I'd be in the same boat.

If you wear an XL, I have an extra gray official Tshirt that I bought. It's way to big for me. My large that I'm wearing today is perfect. Let me know. I'd be happy to ship it to you in exchange for a venmo or paypal. That goes for anyone in the LGB community. I also have a Western Conf Finals XL that is too big for me. I'd do the same with that. Those babies just don't shrink with washing / drying. So, I gotta find some buyers so I have money to turn around and by Larges.

Let's Go Blues!
Thanks for the offer, but I'm a stereotypically short Italian guy. The only reason I wear large is for the comfort level, but I could probably fit just as easily into a medium.

I just checked the tracking number for my 1st shipment. It's in town but not supposed to come until the end of Monday. wtf kind of pathetic service is that? I could literally go down to the post office and just pick it up faster than that.

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

glen a richter wrote:
StL Dan wrote:I was fortunate enough to have family drive directly to one of the stores in The Lou that were selling championship gear within hours of the Blues winning game 7. They had it all waiting for me when I got into town Friday before the parade, otherwise, I'd be in the same boat.

Let's Go Blues!
Thanks for the offer, but I'm a stereotypically short Italian guy. The only reason I wear large is for the comfort level, but I could probably fit just as easily into a medium.

I just checked the tracking number for my 1st shipment. It's in town but not supposed to come until the end of Monday. wtf kind of pathetic service is that? I could literally go down to the post office and just pick it up faster than that.
Order shipping is definitely weirdness. I ordere 3 things - a long sleeve T, short sleeve T and a hat from Fanatics - all at once about a month ago. They were all shipped individually, which is fine. But tracking them was kinda weird because I there were three different email threads updating me on the status of each shipment. Part of it is because two of the three items originated from warehouses 15 hours from each other, but still, the remaining two items came separately. Maybe it was an availability thing and whatever became available shipped immediately while the other thing shipped a few days later as stock arrived. Idk. All I know is, a lot of people are making a jack ton of money on the merch and shipping.

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Yeah, stuff I ordered is just starting to come in. Some of it earlier than estimated. Keep an eye on those shipping updates. I had one in town yesterday with a Friday estimated delivery day that just updated to a delivery today. I think they are so swamped making, receiving and then quickly turning around and shipping these that its just crazy.

I ordered a number of small things (a pin, a magnet, etc) and just a couple of larger things and it looks like I ordered more since each thing is shipped separately and has a separate tracking number, even if they are shipped the same day or a day apart.

If you have a free fedex account, you can track them all when you log in, and you can assign names for each delivery, which helped me remember which item was coming on which day since 5 or 6 were arriving in a week. Once these all come in, its just a couple more things. Jersey and the dvd when they are eventually made.

For anyone local. I was in the county and stopped by Rally House in Chesterfield Valley and they had a lot of great stuff. Some of the same you would buy online but without the hassle of shipping.

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Good call regarding Rally House, JC. Although, when I stopped by a couple Sunday's ago after the parade, they were wiped out of SC Final Champions merch. No hats, no shirts. But, as a general rule, it is a great place to visit if you don't mind paying full price.

The CoMo store in downtown Columbia is amazing. Yes, there a lot of Blues fans in Mid-Mo, but not enough to really deplete their stock of Blues gear. I found everything I wanted there after coming up empty in the Valley on the way out of town back to KC that Sunday (and got my last minute White Castles fix). :woohoo:

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

I was there (Rally House) this past Saturday after mowing my Dad's lawn. They must have restocked because they had tons of shirts and tons of the accessories, mugs, steins, glasses, shot glasses, pins, etc etc that you also see online. Price was maybe a couple of bucks more than online per item.

They even had a shirt I had hesitated on online (trying not to spend too much) then regretted when it was sold out of my size quickly so I jumped on that. I'm excited to sort of redo my little basement corner area where I have all my Blues and Cards (mostly Blues) stuff later this Summer. I have a small house so in years past I pared down and sold/gave away a lot of stuff, keeping just a handful of things I liked best and/or had the most personal meaning. I hope everything fits.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Good idea on Rally House. There is one near my sister's house in Fenton I will have to check out. I've been looking at Academy and Dick's over here on the IL side, and they never seem to get anything new except t-shirts. No more hats, no more jerseys, etc.

I still need to get a Tarasenko jersey for myself and a Maroon for my oldest boy. I'd like to find them in-store, since the youth Binnington jersey I ordered online for my middle son is estimated to not get here for a few more weeks.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

gaijin wrote:Good idea on Rally House. There is one near my sister's house in Fenton I will have to check out. I've been looking at Academy and Dick's over here on the IL side, and they never seem to get anything new except t-shirts. No more hats, no more jerseys, etc.

I still need to get a Tarasenko jersey for myself and a Maroon for my oldest boy. I'd like to find them in-store, since the youth Binnington jersey I ordered online for my middle son is estimated to not get here for a few more weeks.
If you don't have to have it right away you might be able to get a Maroon jersey on the super cheap if he does, in fact, bounce to another team here in 5 days.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
gaijin wrote:Good idea on Rally House. There is one near my sister's house in Fenton I will have to check out. I've been looking at Academy and Dick's over here on the IL side, and they never seem to get anything new except t-shirts. No more hats, no more jerseys, etc.

If you don't have to have it right away you might be able to get a Maroon jersey on the super cheap if he does, in fact, bounce to another team here in 5 days.
Yeah, good call. Although, if he does sign with another team, my son probably won't want his jersey. :wink:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

gaijin wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

Yeah, good call. Although, if he does sign with another team, my son probably won't want his jersey. :wink:
haha, true

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Shirt and license plate frame are on the way and I got my order from the Post Dispatch which I'll probably get framed when I have the money for that. In the meantime I have to keep the kids away from it or it'll get shredded into a million pieces.

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

glen a richter wrote: In the meantime I have to keep the kids away from it or it'll get shredded into a million pieces.
LOL....I'm in the same boat. My kids do the same thing to my stuff if I don't hide it all away in a big plastic tub buried in the corner of the garage.

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

I eventually bought one of those acid free boxes for my papers and programs and acid free tissues to put in between the papers and programs. Can't display everything.

So I finally got to watch the DVD, but I don't think it was very good. Just not well edited. They don't touch on so many of the narratives and storylines that made the win so interesting and satisfying, or if they did, they rushed through it. Those are the things that will be fun to relive in 10 years. I mean, yes the goals and big saves too, but the reasons those goals and saves were a BIG DEAL.

Was there a mention of Gloria? Seriously, as much as I think that's a terrible song, that was a HUGE deal. Its basically skipped. No drunk Hull! WTF. Drunkle Brett and his kissing the chinchilla is nowhere. (Or at least no Ric Flair Hull. No Backes-Petro friendship former captain stuff. No draama on the hit on Gret... that Bruins dman, or the hit on Thomas. Nothing about Bobby and how he can't even watch games. Nothing on the drama in the clubhouse during the losing streak. If you weren't already a fan, you might not have known this was a franchise starved for their first cup. No mention than Gunnar's goal was the FIRST FINALS WIN IN HISTORY and made JC cry like a baby at the watch party. (or if it was mentioned, it was so quick I missed it.) No Kerbs shouting, "BOOM BOOM GUNNARSON", my personal favorite call ever in ever. Lots of cuts to bad interviews with players and time spent on playoff games that were less iconic. Mention those, build the narrative, and then spend more time on the important games: Round 1: games 1, 5 and 6 (really just Schwartz's hat trick), Round 2: games 6 and 7, Round 3: games 2 and 3, and then lots of time on basically all the Finals games. (Even the losses were important in showing the bounce-back Blues) How about 10s of thousands watching in the rain at Busch Stadium for game 7...

Honestly, this 5 minute video was far better than the DVD.
https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1149843674890756096 I hope someone comes out with a better dvd, because they will get my money.

EDITS for many things I thought of that they skipped that other 5-10min videos included.
Last edited by JCShutout on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Planning on using the ESPN+ trial thing, binge watching the Quest for the Stanley Cup series, and cancelling it. Will probably be better than the DVD, although it won't be Blues centric.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season