Suck it, Detroit....

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suck it, Detroit....

Post by cprice12 »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
cprice12 wrote: IMO, it's not as simple as saying "Legace cost us the series against Edmonton".
The only reason you defend Legace is because he is on your team now. It's no secret on here that you're the biggest Kool-aid drinker there is. You fail to see the bad in anything when it has to do with your team. I don't know, maybe that's a good thing.

WTF are you talking about? Wow...you just made all of that up. :lol: :lol:

I was saying Legace wasn't the main reason Detroit lost right after it happened...and I was one of the few that was extremely happy when we first signed Legace.
I was critical of Datsyuk in the series...if I were a Wings fan, he'd have been the whipping boy, IMO.

I fail to see the bad in anything with my team??
Go read some GDT's and read my comments after a bad loss. I criticize plenty. When I feel someone F's up or isn't playing well, I say so.

I'm a die hard fan of my team and optimistic about their future...that hardly makes me a kool-aid drinker. :lol:

Aren't you tired of trolling yet? :roll: :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

OS wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
cprice12 wrote: IMO, it's not as simple as saying "Legace cost us the series against Edmonton".
The only reason you defend Legace is because he is on your team now. It's no secret on here that you're the biggest Kool-aid drinker there is. You fail to see the bad in anything when it has to do with your team. I don't know, maybe that's a good thing.
I defended Legace during his last playoff series w/ the Wings and after it when everyone blamed him. If you actually watched the games you'd know he wasn't the problem.
I'm sure he watched the series...he just can't analyze games worth a shit.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
OS???? Kool-Aid drinker? Never criticizes the Blues????

Sorry SLS, with all due respect, you're off-base on that.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

cprice12 wrote:
OS wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
I defended Legace during his last playoff series w/ the Wings and after it when everyone blamed him. If you actually watched the games you'd know he wasn't the problem.
I'm sure he watched the series...he just can't analyze games worth a shit.
I'm a hockey fan, not an analyst like some of you wannabee's on here. :lol:

And besides, it can be spelled out for you (18 goals in 6 games) and you're still to much of a kool-aid drinker to understand it. :lol:

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

cprice12 wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:

I was saying Legace wasn't the main reason Detroit lost right after it happened...and I was one of the few that was extremely happy when we first signed Legace.
I was critical of Datsyuk in the series...if I were a Wings fan, he'd have been the whipping boy, IMO.

Go read some GDT's and read my comments after a bad loss. I criticize plenty. When I feel someone F's up or isn't playing well, I say so.

I'm a die hard fan of my team and optimistic about their future...that hardly makes me a kool-aid drinker. :lol:

So being a part of a conversation is called trolling? Nice. :roll: :lol:

Or is it the fact that I refuse to let this thread die that you're referring to? :lol:

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote: Or is it the fact that I refuse to let this thread die that you're referring to? :lol:
I don't think this thread is under any threat of dying. In fact I can easily imagine how it would continue on perpetually without your input (or any other wings fans) - but then, where would the fun in that be?

I say troll on, but don't kid yourself that without you this thread would die.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

cprice12 wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:

Most Wings fans were critical of Datsyuk. He was a no-show for years. Last year he came through but he still has to take it up a notch.

You're still missing the fact that Manny let in too many goals. Its really pretty simple. Letting in 4 goals in 3 games in a single series just doesn't cut it. Any fan of any team would be all over their goaltender for that in the playoffs (well obviously not some Blues fans).

In previous years, yeah, they didn't score enough. Last year they did, unfortunately, a 1st seed should not need 5 goals multiple times to win games against an 8th seed in the playoffs.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

NSWingsfan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:

Most Wings fans were critical of Datsyuk. He was a no-show for years. Last year he came through but he still has to take it up a notch.
Yeah, but not to the degree they blamed Legace. Not even close.
You're still missing the fact that Manny let in too many goals. Its really pretty simple. Letting in 4 goals in 3 games in a single series just doesn't cut it. Any fan of any team would be all over their goaltender for that in the playoffs (well obviously not some Blues fans).
You'd have a point, if that were true.
Legace let in 4 goals twice...not three times. Edmonton scored an ENG in one of those games.
Legace's GAA was 2.65 for the series. That should have been good enough to beat the 8th seed with the team Detroit had.
Detroit also allowed 8 PP goals in the 6 games. Maybe if they had stayed out of the box, they'd have won the series?

But maybe you're right. Maybe the Wings just weren't a good enough team to win with a goalie that put up a 2.65 GAA. I thought they were better than that as a team. I guess not.
You win.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

To add to what Curt said, one of the two games that Legace allowed 4 goals was game that went into 2nd OT. And in 5 of the 6 games Legace had only allowed 2 or 3 goals by the end of regulation.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

cprice12 wrote:
That should have been good enough to beat the 8th seed with the team Detroit had.
They might have been the 8th seed, but going to game 7 of the cup finals means they were a really good playoff team - don't ya think?

Blue Beagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Blue Beagle »

NSWingsfan wrote:In both the Ducks sweep and the loss to Calgary the following year, Cujo was definitely not the problem. He played lights out in both series and so did Jiggy and Kipper. Thats what is expected of a goaltender in the playoffs, otherwise, you're not going to go far.

In both cases, it was a combination of the Detroit offense not being good enough and the opposing goaltender playing lights out as well, with the offense being the bigger problem.
And the truth ... shall set you free!

Likewise, it's become very obvious that you're still pining the loss of Legace to a division "rival". I use that word very losely because we're a little far from a rival outside of scope of the series between the two teams in recent seasons, no?

This being the case it wouldn't matter much wether or not Legace does Brent Johnson impressions every year in the playoffs, now would it? Because as it were, the Blues will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

The real problem this organization has is not drafting and developing goalies. This is something that we've relied on the Redwings in years, with some pretty good sucess due to a Hasek fetish.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

OS wrote:To add to what Curt said, one of the two games that Legace allowed 4 goals was game that went into 2nd OT. And in 5 of the 6 games Legace had only allowed 2 or 3 goals by the end of regulation.
But compare Legaces 2.65 gaa vs. Ward's 2.14 and Roloson with 2.32. There was a reason those two teams made it to the cup finals. Goaltending.

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

Blue Beagle wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:In both the Ducks sweep and the loss to Calgary the following year, Cujo was definitely not the problem. He played lights out in both series and so did Jiggy and Kipper. Thats what is expected of a goaltender in the playoffs, otherwise, you're not going to go far.

In both cases, it was a combination of the Detroit offense not being good enough and the opposing goaltender playing lights out as well, with the offense being the bigger problem.

Likewise, it's become very obvious that you're still pining the loss of Legace to a division "rival". I use that word very losely because we're a little far from a rival outside of scope of the series between the two teams in recent seasons, no?
:lol:

Blue Beagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Blue Beagle »

NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:

For what other reason would Red Wings fans still be on a Blues board justifying the decision to not resign Legace?

It's not like our team is getting to the playoffs this year, and it's not like yours will do much more than flop in the playoffs again. Though it would be nice, no matter how slim the chance to see the Blues be the team to knock you out in the first round.

NSWingsfan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by NSWingsfan »

Blue Beagle wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:

For what other reason would Red Wings fans still be on a Blues board justifying the decision to not resign Legace?

It's not like our team is getting to the playoffs this year, and it's not like yours will do much more than flop in the playoffs again. Though it would be nice, no matter how slim the chance to see the Blues be the team to knock you out in the first round.
Nothing to justify. Red Wings didn't sign him and he sat around waiting for another team to take a shot with him. How many teams jumped at the opportunity to snatch him up. He had a great regular season and people here seem to think he wasn't the problem with the Wings losing. A "playoff" goaltender released with a 2.65 GAA and .885 SAV% (now seen as stats that define a playoff goalie) and nothing to give up to get his services other than a contract. What an opportunity!! :lol:

Hmmm, where were all the suitors?

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

:deadhorse:

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:

Nothing to justify. Red Wings didn't sign him and he sat around waiting for another team to take a shot with him. How many teams jumped at the opportunity to snatch him up. He had a great regular season and people here seem to think he wasn't the problem with the Wings losing. A "playoff" goaltender released with a 2.65 GAA and .885 SAV% (now seen as stats that define a playoff goalie) and nothing to give up to get his services other than a contract. What an opportunity!! :lol:

And now just because he is a Blue he has become legend, the savior. :lol:

Seriously, I'm not trying to bash Legace, I always liked the guy, and I liked the way he played in the regular season. It just amazes me that none of you are even willing to bye into what we're telling you - just because he is now a Blue.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
That should have been good enough to beat the 8th seed with the team Detroit had.
They might have been the 8th seed, but going to game 7 of the cup finals means they were a really good playoff team - don't ya think?
Edmonton had a heck of a run, no doubt.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:

I wanted Legace....and I couldn't tell you why other teams didn't jump at the chance to get him. We heard that a few teams did want him, but he chose St. Louis after weighing his options.
Legace's numbers throughout his career are top notch... and yeah, he had a less than stellar playoff showing with the Wings, in which they ran into a ridiculously hot Edmonton team.

Legace's play since we acquired him, just reinforces what I thought about him before we even got him.

Save %? Bah. That stat doesn't define a goalie.
Save % doesn't mean much as a stat on it's own. You know this. Quality of scoring chances/shots that the team in front of him allows, PP goals, etc. aren't factored into the equation.
Save % quite often applies to the team as a whole...not JUST the goalie. But every case is different, which is why it's lame to use save % as a blanket stat when comparing goalies.

It's a real weak stat...just like when people use +/- as a stat to rate an individual player.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:
NSWingsfan wrote:
Blue Beagle wrote:

And now just because he is a Blue he has become legend, the savior. :lol:

Seriously, I'm not trying to bash Legace, I always liked the guy, and I liked the way he played in the regular season. It just amazes me that none of you are even willing to bye into what we're telling you - just because he is now a Blue.
It's not because he is now a Blue. I keep saying that but you keep missing it.
It amazes me that Wings fans place most of the blame on Legace.
I watched the games...I remember them well as I was rooting for Edmonton.
Legace was not the main reason they lost. That's all I'm saying.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO