Tarasenko extends his KHL contract

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Tarasenko extends his KHL contract

Post by illownyou »

Just a question...I'm not a contract rules expert at all, but if Tarasenko's KHL season ends earlier than the NHL season, could we see him later in the year???

LOL...lets just drag out all the possibilities, eh???

On another note, my Xbox got the RROD two days before the NHL 11 demo. :facepalm:
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...

AlessandroSerenRosso
Prospect
Prospect

Post by AlessandroSerenRosso »

He'll stay next year, most likely will cross the pond next summer
http://www.russianprospect.com/news/vla ... or-2010-11

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

MUBLUES wrote:
BSNoseblunt wrote:Haha. You were serious.

However, why is that the blues have over $12 million in cap space? Some teams would kill to be able to spend $12 million over the cap! Dave Checketts is a business man, that's why he owns a number of sports teams if you haven't noticed - not just the Blues. He's all about making money now.

Sure, he threw out some cash to sign a number of essentially worthless players but those are called sunk costs. You keep on waiting for our "talented youth" to develop. I'll continue to question if anyone is ever going to commit to making this a championship-caliber team .
$12 million cap space right now = re-signing guys like Backes, Oshie, and even EJ and Perron in 2 years. Talented and developing youth costs money too.
Very good point which tends to get lost in the 'win now' shuffle. Obviously ownership is an issue but management is wise to stay financially viable until that's resolved. While I don't believe we'll make huge waves in this seasons playoffs, I do like the fact that we've got some flexibility for when we're in the position to do so.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald