Brad Boyes

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Brad Boyes

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Okay, here's the facts:

43 goals in 07-08
33 goals in 08-09
14 goals in 09-10
1 goal through 14 games, 10-11

I'm quickly losing my patience with him. Especially if this trend keeps up this year, I would not be opposed to trading him. The big question being what could the Blues get and would it even be worth it?

Thoughts?
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Brad Boyes

Post by kodos »

Who is Brad Boyes?

Storm13
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Storm13 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Okay, here's the facts:

43 goals in 07-08

I'm quickly losing my patience with him. Thoughts?
It's been more than two seasons. I hardly think that's "quickly".
Spent my money, teasing me honey, what should I do?
When you gonna show me, I think you owe me, come on baby, see it through.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

At this point, the Blues would get nothing for him. The only thing that I could see working for both sides would be an exchange of two reclamation projects. A classic 'change of scenery' trade if you will. No one comes to mind right off the top, but sort of a Steen/Cola for Stempy trade. Nothing that shakes things up right away but in time could pay dividends. That or we take on a young guy/AHLer, but I'm not sure a there's many teams that would give up a prospect for Boyes.

But then again, we sent Palushaj to Montreal for D'ags and even though it's not the same scenario, it's giving up a young guy for a player that's run his course with his current team.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Boyes, especially the fourth-line-across-the-ice-from-teh-Cam version, is more worthless than teats on a boar hog.

However, unbeknownst to most, teats on a boar hog actually have some value. People in the know understand that the teats on the boar hog is the most important thing in hog production.

The number of teats on a boar hog determines the number of teats that will be on his daughters born out of his offspring. The more teats on the boar hog the better. Many hog raisers will not buy or use a boar hog unless he has at least 14 or more teats. His daughter will have more teats and will raise more pigs.

So, unless Brad Boyes is sporting seven pairs of tits, which coincidentally is the same number of goals as he scored last year, trade him. Trade him right f----ing now.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

fargoblues wrote:Boyes, especially the fourth-line-across-the-ice-from-teh-Cam version, is more worthless than teats on a boar hog.

However, unbeknownst to most, teats on a boar hog actually have some value. People in the know understand that the teats on the boar hog is the most important thing in hog production.

The number of teats on a boar hog determines the number of teats that will be on his daughters born out of his offspring. The more teats on the boar hog the better. Many hog raisers will not buy or use a boar hog unless he has at least 14 or more teats. His daughter will have more teats and will raise more pigs.

So, unless Brad Boyes is sporting seven pairs of tits, which coincidentally is the same number of goals as he scored last year, trade him. Trade him right f----ing now.
This message has been sponsored by People for Teats on a Boar Hog.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Brad Boyes at $4 mil has no worth in the league.

And he's pretty much money in the SO. We'll see if the loss of Oshie affects him somehow.

We can only ride him out and see if he can improve.

It would help to actually feed him on the PP every once in a while. Although, that requires offensive zone control of the puck. So first things first.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

fargoblues wrote:Boyes, especially the fourth-line-across-the-ice-from-teh-Cam version, is more worthless than teats on a boar hog.

Image :plusplus:

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

dmiles2186 wrote:

This message has been sponsored by People for Teats on a Boar Hog.
:lol:

Posts of the week!
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Not to defend Boyes, because he's not getting the results that he should be... but there have been a lot of times where he just isn't getting the puck as much as he should either.

Just last night Steen curled around to the slot and had Boyes WIDE F'ING open at the side of the net with only one defender between him and Boyes. It should have been an easy tap in goal but Steen never saw him and he just threw it on net, where it was stopped.

Again, not making excuses for Boyes, but I've noticed that kind of thing seems to happen to him more than it does to others.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

TheoSqua
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by TheoSqua »

I wonder of Boye's teammates have lost confidence in him? I mean if you figure a guy's just going to miss the net by 3 feet why would you pass it to him?
Official LGB Sponser of 10 year old signatures:

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by evil roy »

Package him along with Brewer for . . . ummm for . . . ahh Christ, I guess it's the waivers for both of 'em
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Boyes=head case. Had it going with Kariya for a while, but no one seems to want to pass to him all that much. He's kind of a puck hog at times, too. Reminds me of this guy I used to play rec league with. All the skills in the world, could deke around the entire team coast to coast and then fire it 3 feet wide.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

Heath
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Heath »

Brad Boyes couldn't score on a fat chick if he had an STD that made his wiener leak raw cookie dough.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Heath wrote:Brad Boyes couldn't score on a fat chick if he had an STD that made his wiener leak raw cookie dough.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

The only way to trade him would be to send him and something someone wanted (young D, draft pick, etc) for someone making more than Broad Girlz, and under achieving.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

fargoblues wrote:
Heath wrote:Brad Boyes couldn't score on a fat chick if he had an STD that made his wiener leak raw cookie dough.
:lol: seriously :lol:

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

fargoblues wrote:
:okman:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I seem to recall suggesting a while back that Boyes be traded while his value was up. I was basing that on the fact that he was minus a million and had no defensive abilities whatsoever. Seems that my reasoning for wanting him to be traded was backwards. Now he has little value at all.

White elephant.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I think trading him would be a pretty big mistake. Obviously his production isn't nearly what we would like it to be. But, we would likely get somebody with similar production and less potential. With Perron (not sure when he's back) and Oshie out, it could be a chance for him to step up.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen