GDT #49: Jan 26: Blues @ Flamers (FSMW; KMOX) 9pm

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #49: Jan 26: Blues @ Flamers (FSMW; KMOX) 9pm

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:2-0 Flames.

Anyone else tired of hearing how "the blues don't quit"?

Like I really care if it doesn't translate into wins.

Win a f'ing game. That's what I care about.
Preach on, Brother Curt.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Like the Blues, I'm only giving 20 minutes for this game. Not worth watching them lose, again.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Make that 3-0

:doh:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Conklin's gonna find himself in a beer league pretty soon... giving up breakaway goals, of course.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Larry Platt
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Larry Platt »

FML, this team is awful. :|

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

It's pretty difficult to be a disgrace when your franchise has never won anything. But the 2010-2011 St. Louis Blues are a complete disgrace.

Time to blow it up. Fire sale in three....two...and one.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Should've moved to Saskatoon.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

It's amazing how much my outlook on them has changed in the past month. I was very much buying into the injuries being the main, if not only, reason for their struggles. But, it's so much more than that. I'm still optimistic about the future. But, they need to show some sort of ability to win a game.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

And, BTW, Dollar Dave is still a crappy owner. I'm glad I haven't spent a plug nickel on tickets so far this year.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

Malkin would've roofed that :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

harsh times for blews fans

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Damn. 2 wins for the month of January.

We are teh suck. :facepalm:

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

I am sick of the Blues' TV broadcast team making the Blues out to be all-stars. All we hear about is how "good" they are. Here's the reality: They are in 13th, five points out of 8th. They have dropped their last 4 games and 10 of their last 12. When your team is playing so poorly, the last thing you want to hear is two morons trying to make them sound like a good team.

I am sick of hearing how Eric Brewer is the greatest defenseman to ever play hockey. I am sick of hearing how Brad Boyes is the greatest forward in the league. I'm sick of hearing how Ty Conklin works harder than anyone that has ever put on hockey pads.

How about talking about how Erik Johnson has regressed? How about how this team's defense has been an utter atrocity this season? I want some criticism that this team can use. Maybe if the stupid (Frank) media starts holding players accountable for their horrid play, this team would start playing like a good hockey team.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Jesus...

Is it spring training yet?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

blues fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by blues fan »

Mr Payne better be watching his back, I'm afraid if things don't improve after the AS break he might be on the hot seat. Typical reaction to a team on the down turn and no confidance. :goblues:

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

blues fan wrote:Mr Payne better be watching his back, I'm afraid if things don't improve after the AS break he might be on the hot seat. Typical reaction to a team on the down turn and no confidance. :goblues:
I hate that you are right. Like I said in an earlier thread, all the blame (for me at least) goes on the management. They have done absolutely nothing since last season to make this team better. Payne is just working with the crap he is given.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

blues fan wrote:Mr Payne better be watching his back, I'm afraid if things don't improve after the AS break he might be on the hot seat. Typical reaction to a team on the down turn and no confidance. :goblues:
Sounds just like when Murray was fired.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:I am sick of the Blues' TV broadcast team making the Blues out to be all-stars. All we hear about is how "good" they are. Here's the reality: They are in 13th, five points out of 8th. They have dropped their last 4 games and 10 of their last 12. When your team is playing so poorly, the last thing you want to hear is two morons trying to make them sound like a good team.

I am sick of hearing how Eric Brewer is the greatest defenseman to ever play hockey. I am sick of hearing how Brad Boyes is the greatest forward in the league. I'm sick of hearing how Ty Conklin works harder than anyone that has ever put on hockey pads.

How about talking about how Erik Johnson has regressed? How about how this team's defense has been an utter atrocity this season? I want some criticism that this team can use. Maybe if the stupid (Frank) media starts holding players accountable for their horrid play, this team would start playing like a good hockey team.
Yeah, I can hardly stand listening to them anymore. In fairness, broadcasters have been fired in the past for criticizing their own team. So, they might not have a lot of wiggle room for what they can say. But, they don't have to exaggerate the talent/effort etc. It very much comes off as if they are ~friends with the players so they are afraid to be objective.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:I am sick of the Blues' TV broadcast team making the Blues out to be all-stars. All we hear about is how "good" they are. Here's the reality: They are in 13th, five points out of 8th. They have dropped their last 4 games and 10 of their last 12. When your team is playing so poorly, the last thing you want to hear is two morons trying to make them sound like a good team.

Yeah, I can hardly stand listening to them anymore. In fairness, broadcasters have been fired in the past for criticizing their own team. So, they might not have a lot of wiggle room for what they can say. But, they don't have to exaggerate the talent/effort etc. It very much comes off as if they are ~friends with the players so they are afraid to be objective.
They also have some responsibility in keeping viewers watching...so there's that.
But yeah, I get tired of hearing how great all of the players are playing when we're sitting in 13th place and have only won two games in January.
Don't talk to me like I'm stupid. I don't care how hard they are working....if they can't win games, it's not good enough. Granted, some if it is due to injuries, but there are other issues with this team that are becoming more and more obvious as the season goes on.
I wish Perron and McDonald were healthy so we could get a better idea of how good this team really is when healthy.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I have no doubts in my mind that they are receiving instructions to keep things upbeat and/or talk up certain players. It's super obvious.

While I don't really hold it against them, because they are just doing their jobs... I too find it unbelievably annoying. The never ending praise for this collection of losers just gets to be too much sometimes.

It's almost like John Kelly and Darren Pang are parents, and the Blues are their screw-up worthless kids.

Pang: "Ahh, thank you, you made me a really "good" macaroni picture. Wow, it's a... house? A house? No, a car? No, it's, okay... what? Bob? Oh, it's Boba Fett. Okay, cool. Boba Fett. I'll put it right here on the fridge. GOOD JOB YOU! Good Job. Here's a gold star and a popsicle. You're my special little guy. I love you just the way you are!"

Kelly: "Honey, don't you think he's a little old to be making Boba Fett macaroni pictures?"

Pang: "He's only 22, he's doing just great, he's just a late bloomer. My special little late bloomer!"

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:It's pretty difficult to be a disgrace when your franchise has never won anything. But the 2010-2011 St. Louis Blues are a complete disgrace.

Time to blow it up. Fire sale in three....two...and one.
:lol: :plusplus:

The owners and brass need to get together, all log on to LGB, reference the "who would you keep" post on LGB.com, take extensive notes, talk about it and then act.

They can't figure it out, maybe we the fans can!
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk