GDT: Blues vs Blackhawks, 1 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues vs Blackhawks, 1 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Kogie wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Kogie wrote:My apologies did not really take the time to look at where your are from...and Chicago fans in general will say their team is the bee's knees one moment and a no good bunch of losers the next. Listening to that stuff gets old quick. Like who posts pictures of a random goal celebration after your team had been dominated up until that ten minute stretch? Oh right a Chicago fan.
I didn't post that picture, I quoted it.

And trust me, I agree about Blackhawks fans. I had season tickets for around 5-6 years, and for most of that time, I had an entire section to myself. Mention names like Alex Zhamnov, Doug Zmolek, Jamie Allison, Jocelyn Thibault, Jean-Yves Leroux, etc and you'll get blank stares by a lot of new Hawks "fans". As anyone here can tell you, I've been with this team through it all.

I come here because it's fun to be the differing opinion sometimes, but it's all in good fun, and everyone here knows it. In fact, it's really the only board I ever go to, because I like everyone here. Lighten up a little.
Fair enough.
I would also check post counts before you go mouthing off. Ruutu's a long-timer here.

As for the game... didn't see any of it and frankly glad I didn't.

Only storyline I needed to see: Blues up 2-0. Score then becomes 4-2 Hawks :facepalm:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Waukee- the Blues had every chance to win this game, so while it is a loss, it was one that you can take some good things away from... they looked really good for most of the game....... offensively they were flying around like I haven't seen a Blues team do in a long time.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Very frustrating game.

I think we played better than Chicago most of the game, but we missed a few scoring chances. And, Bishop was pretty terrible in the 2nd. Even in the first, I thought he was shaky giving out too many rebounds. He just didn't get burned on any of them in the first.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Well, guess we're not making the playoffs again. :lol:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

It's 100% over.

Unless we win tomorrow, then we are winning the cup.

If we tie tomorrow, it's over.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

come on Blues!
Blues need their starting goalie. Let's Go Halak! :halak:

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Friggin' faceoffs. Dominant in the circle in the first - 2 GF. Get their ass handed to them in the circle in the 2nd - 4 GA. About even in the 3rd - 1 GF.

They need a friggin' center for that 3rd line. Play McRae instead of that waste of a roster space, Janssen, for cryin' out loud.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

agreed. (Frank) Cam Janssen

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Anybody have a clue what the call was on the no-goal? Peel did not sack up and speak into the mic so he could be heard and nobody at the game could hear what he said. My question would be if there was goaltender interference, why was there not a penalty called? Was there an "in the crease" call or what?
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Guppy wrote:Anybody have a clue what the call was on the no-goal? Peel did not sack up and speak into the mic so he could be heard and nobody at the game could hear what he said. My question would be if there was goaltender interference, why was there not a penalty called? Was there an "in the crease" call or what?
They called goaltender interference, but that doesn't have to mean a penalty. Crombeen pushed the Blackhawk defender into the goalie. It was kind of borderline, but I think the call was defensible at the least.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
Guppy wrote:Anybody have a clue what the call was on the no-goal? Peel did not sack up and speak into the mic so he could be heard and nobody at the game could hear what he said. My question would be if there was goaltender interference, why was there not a penalty called? Was there an "in the crease" call or what?
They called goaltender interference, but that doesn't have to mean a penalty. Crombeen pushed the Blackhawk defender into the goalie. It was kind of borderline, but I think the call was defensible at the least.
Yeah, Crombeen clearly shoved the defender into the goalie, thus preventing Crawford from attempting to make the save. From the interpretations that I've read of that rule, it's pretty cut and dry. The goalie has to be able to attempt to stop the shot or it's interference (unless his own teammates cause it of course). I had originally thought Crombeen was the shovee, but clearly he was the shover.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote: Play McRae instead of that waste of a roster space, Janssen, for cryin' out loud.

I agree at this point. We have enough fighting power up front if anything goes down (42, 25, 36, 26, 15)... Janssen serves no purpose right now.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:Waukee- the Blues had every chance to win this game, so while it is a loss, it was one that you can take some good things away from... they looked really good for most of the game....... offensively they were flying around like I haven't seen a Blues team do in a long time.
Well good, I hope they see it that way themselves and don't fall into another losing streak as we've seen throughout this whole season.

I also saw that we were out-shooting them by a LOT. Also a good sign, even with a loss.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

goon attack wrote:It's 100% over.

Unless we win tomorrow, then we are winning the cup.

If we tie tomorrow, it's over.
:lol:

What a difference a game makes.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

It's always nice when you have the game on tape ready to watch when you get home and some douche bag tells you what happened... :facepalm:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

[youtube][/youtube]

this guy

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

joosforjihad wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

this guy
I'm surprised he didn't get a season ending injury from that.

:o .... :?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Kogie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kogie »

WaukeeBlues wrote:I would also check post counts before you go mouthing off. Ruutu's a long-timer here.

As for the game... didn't see any of it and frankly glad I didn't.

Only storyline I needed to see: Blues up 2-0. Score then becomes 4-2 Hawks :facepalm:
Sorry. I assumed (which was the first mistake) that defending your team on a forum dedicated to said team, all the while using politically correct, proper English grammar, would be acceptable. I should have understood that because I just joined the site my epeen was too small for you to allow me to voice my opinion in a completely professional manner.

Kogie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kogie »

joosforjihad wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

this guy
I still can't determine if he really did it on purpose or not haha. If he did its brilliant I'm not convinced he really planned it to happen though lol.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Yeah, Crombeen clearly shoved the defender into the goalie, thus preventing Crawford from attempting to make the save. From the interpretations that I've read of that rule, it's pretty cut and dry. The goalie has to be able to attempt to stop the shot or it's interference (unless his own teammates cause it of course). I had originally thought Crombeen was the shovee, but clearly he was the shover.
Thanks. Like I said nobody could tell what was said and the video replay did not show enough to know what happened.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders