Looking back.....

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

18tonytwist
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Looking back.....

Post by 18tonytwist »

Just watching some of the older Blues games lately, I just wondered about a few opinions.

Conroy-Stillman.... Did you like this trade?
also, does anyone think we gave up on Brent Johnson too soon? This guy was tearing it up. I know he went through a slump, but I think sometimes the Blues management over the years have tended to give up on a few players, Brind'Amour is another that comes to mind. Look at what he did the rest of his career.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Looking back.....

Post by SIU LAW »

I thought the Conroy trade was stupid then and still hold that belief.

As for Brent Johnson, whatever improvements he has made to his game, and whatever he has become (decent backup), he was not going to make them in St. Louis. In the days/weeks leading up the Osgood trade, he was flat out horrible and it was clear he was done in St. Louis. He let in some awful goals by ignoring basics (like not hugging the post). At the time, there were even reports of some anger in the locker room directed at Johnson.

18tonytwist
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by 18tonytwist »

as far as letting in some horrible goals, Halak has done that.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

18tonytwist wrote:Just watching some of the older Blues games lately, I just wondered about a few opinions.

Conroy-Stillman.... Did you like this trade?
also, does anyone think we gave up on Brent Johnson too soon? This guy was tearing it up. I know he went through a slump, but I think sometimes the Blues management over the years have tended to give up on a few players, Brind'Amour is another that comes to mind. Look at what he did the rest of his career.
Conroy for Stillman. Hated it then. Hate it to this day.

Johnny Marlboro had to go.

Brind'Amour? Didn't like it then, but didn't put up too much of a fight. Should have. Dude was a faceoff machine.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I was pissed off as hell when we traded Rod the Bod, mainly because the dude is a workout freak. You just knew even back then he'd be an Ironman.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller