Perron Coming Back!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theboat
Rookie
Rookie

Perron Coming Back!

Post by theboat »

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Perron Coming Back!

Post by dmiles2186 »

I seriously thought this was going to be one of those 'Gotcha!' threads, where you click on the 'Perron Coming Back!' and then the post reads, '...to St. Louis to pick up his Kovalev jersey and then head back home.'

This is AWESOME news. I don't want to get my hopes up but this is great, great news.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

I haven't read anything stating that he passed his baseline tests. Big deal if he is just rejoining the team. If he did pass the tests, well...(Franking) A!!!!!! Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Good way to build up some excitement for the season though. If this is is just fluff I will be pissed.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

deadphish wrote:I haven't read anything stating that he passed his baseline tests. Big deal if he is just rejoining the team. If he did pass the tests, well...(Frank) A!!!!!! Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Good way to build up some excitement for the season though. If this is is just fluff I will be pissed.
If they are announcing breaking news on stlblues.com and he hasn't passed baseline tests I'd be both shocked and pissed.

As is, assuming that's not what they are doing, I'm (Franking) stoked.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

:cup:

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

cardsfan04 wrote:
deadphish wrote:I haven't read anything stating that he passed his baseline tests. Big deal if he is just rejoining the team. If he did pass the tests, well...(Frank) A!!!!!! Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Good way to build up some excitement for the season though. If this is is just fluff I will be pissed.
If they are announcing breaking news on stlblues.com and he hasn't passed baseline tests I'd be both shocked and pissed.

As is, assuming that's not what they are doing, I'm (Frank) stoked.
The fact they don't mention anything about what activity level he will be participating in (skating only vs. full contact, etc.) doesn't fill me with much confidence of his imminent return to games.

Although, this is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm glad that it looks like he will be returning at all!

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

gaijin wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

The fact they don't mention anything about what activity level he will be participating in (skating only vs. full contact, etc.) doesn't fill me with much confidence of his imminent return to games.

Although, this is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm glad that it looks like he will be returning at all!
I'd be shocked if he's game-ready on 10/8. But, I'd also be surprised if they are making a big announcement over something minor. And, I'd like to think this means he'll be back at some point in October. But, that certainly doesn't have to be the case.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Unless in the announcement that he is making a public notice for Joe Thortons head on a stick, I don't see him playing anytime soon.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I'm exited don't care when he comes back I'm just glad he will come back awesome news for him and the Blues.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

ImageImageImageImageImage

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
gaijin wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

I'd be shocked if he's game-ready on 10/8. But, I'd also be surprised if they are making a big announcement over something minor. And, I'd like to think this means he'll be back at some point in October. But, that certainly doesn't have to be the case.
Zero chance he will be ready by oct. 8th. Zilch, nada, none.
He's not even practicing tomorrow.
Rejoining the team is different than participating in practice. And when he does eventually start to practice, he will be running some no-contact drills for a while.
I'm betting he is still at least a couple months away from playing, and that's if everything goes smooth for him.

I'm guessing the press conference will discuss exactly what he will be doing when he rejoins the team. And I'm guessing it won't be much at all. Maybe some weight room stuff and off-ice conditioning at the Blues' facility.

But this is excellent news. It probably means he has been symptom free for a while now and can begin the long road back to getting in game shape.

:letsgoblues:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I'm kinda guessing he spends some time in Peoria before the Blues. I mean, it will be over a year by the time he is actually ready to play in a game. Makes sense to start him there.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Well this is an unexpected surprise. Just knowing that he's heading in a positive direction is excellent news.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Keep on believing?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Yeah, I highly doubt he plays before November or probbaly even December, but none the less this is GREAT news not just for us as Blues fans but for David himself.

I don't think anyone had any real idea of when he would be back (and we really still don't) but it's certainly looking sooner then later and it's great to hear that DP has been symptom free.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

I could be totally off base here, but this doesn't really add up to me. So he is "rejoining the team". What does that even mean? It means he's not living at home in Ontario and is expected (as a contracted player) to be present at his job even if he can't perform it. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this news is just some fluff to get people all hot and bothered about one of the most polarizing talents this city has seen in some years.

I'll happily have ketchup with my crow later today, but if anyone is expecting news that he has passed any kind of tests I think you will be disappointed. He just came back to town and it was worth reporting and holding a press conference to let the fans know that he's going to be with the team as he continues his recovery.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I don't think they would announce something like that unless it actually had some meaning. It would look pretty bad. Any sort of positive press they would get for the 24 hours before the real story broke would not be worth the backlash when it turned out they were blowing smoke up our asses.

Then again, this front office has proven that they aren't exactly a crackerjack team, so who knows.

I'm staying very pessimistic. At this point I'm considering his career over... and anything better will be considered a blessing.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

kodos wrote:I don't think they would announce something like that unless it actually had some meaning. It would look pretty bad. Any sort of positive press they would get for the 24 hours before the real story broke would not be worth the backlash when it turned out they were blowing smoke up our asses.
Completely agree.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Per JR tweets from the press conference today:

Perron set to take baseline test this week.
No timetable for his return.
Perron started skating and lifting 3-4 weeks ago.

All steps in the right direction.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

From Chris Kerber tweet.
Today @jprutherford asks @dp_57 where his conditioning level was at..Perron responds-"about the same as you JR". David may have a ways to go
:lol: