Good luck to the Central division!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Good luck to the Central division!

Post by Ruutu15 »

Lookin' good! :lol: :doh:

PGABluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by PGABluesFan »

Brilliant!! :moran: :moran: :lol:

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Lol funny thinking about this, forgot about it. Good to see Ruutu back though. Talk about a season with exact opposite goal-tending situations.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Quality bump. :lol:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Ruutu15 wrote:
theohall wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373129

With Sharp, Keith, Toews, Seabrook, Hossa, and Kane locked up long term, you're all gonna need it. :wink: :cup:
And they won what last season???
Fair enough. I'm 10x more excited about the season than I was at this time last year. Even with the subtraction of some pieces after the STANLEY CUP win, the core is still intact. I can't think of any roster in the division that's as good as the top 6 Hawks forwards.
On top of that they addressed some glaring issues this offseason, and also shed a terrible contract (Campbell). Even with Sharp, Kane, Toews, Keith, Hossa, and Seabrook signed, they still have just over $3 million in cap space this year, so they have some flexibility that they didn't have last season.

Even with the disappointment that was last season, they took the eventual Western Conference champions to OT in game 7. We're dealing with a huge "IF" here, but IF the Hawks scored in that OT, I'm not sure anyone else in the West could have beaten them. On the other hand, no one else came close to pushing the Canucks out of it until the Final.
I'll admit, your team has got itself out of salary cap hell, which is impressive in and of itself. The hard part for your team right now is to build that depth so that you don't HAVE to rely, AS HEAVILY, on those top 6. I thought the Brunette and Frolik signings were brilliant but Frolik has kind of disappeared. I'll admit I haven't been following the younger kids like Shaw et al but once the Hawks regain anything close to that depth that they had in 2010... they'll be lethally dangerous again.

While I agree the Hawks are a much better team than at this point last year, how that translates to the playoffs... I don't know. At least you guys have experience. Last time we were in the playoffs Andy McDonald was the only one who looked like he knew what he was doing :lol:

Edit: Totally missed the fact you wrote that back in August :P
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

bwahaha! :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

HOLY SHIT I was reading this and was about to reply "Wow, talking shit about next season ALREADY?" then realized it was THIS season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F U C K I N G P W N E D