GDT #74: 3/21/12 > Blues @ Ducks > 9:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: GDT #74: 3/21/12 > Blues @ Ducks > 9:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by Nyghtewynd »

If we don't win the conference/division, this is the game. Bad, fluky, unlucky loss against an inferior team.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ajmchief1 wrote:Jesus... It's funny because I never expect us to get scored against 3 times.
Much less 4.

Outshoot them almost 2 to 1 and up in the 3rd period. Bleh.

Good to see Schwartz come in and score back to back games. Keep goin kid!
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Officiating sucked. Stewart invisible as ever. Ducks acting like dicks out there. Why is Reaves scratched? Scratch Crombeen or something.

Need a win tomorrow in LA.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I am not usually one to comment on the officiating, and I am not blaming the loss on the zebras, but I really feel like we are getting the shaft on non-calls lately. It's been particularly glaring since we took over the lead for the president's trophy. Oshie took a shot from his ass on a late scoring chance because he was tripped. Backes got leveled going behind the net without the puck. There was a giant hook and slash that lead to the Duck's third goal. None of it was called.

I don't care if you call it tight or loose, just call it the same. If it's a slash for one team, it better be a slash for the other team.

I also really, really, really, really want to see refs call more dives. There was a high stick in this game where the duck player got bumped on the chin and his legs stopped working like his heart stopped momentarily. There was a slash that was only called because the duck player shook took his hand off his stick and shook it. I really think the league needs to crack down on embelishment before the NHL starts to look like a bunch of Italian soccer teams. Not saying the calls weren't fair, saying the acting is annoying.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Jackman looked absolutely helpless out there. Time to sit him so he can maybe get some wheels back..

That game's 3 stars for the Ducks are:

1. Jonas Hiller - holy (Frank)
2. The post behind Jonas Hiller
3. Jackman

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I am not usually one to comment on the officiating, and I am not blaming the loss on the zebras, but I really feel like we are getting the shaft on non-calls lately. It's been particularly glaring since we took over the lead for the president's trophy. Oshie took a shot from his ass on a late scoring chance because he was tripped. Backes got leveled going behind the net without the puck. There was a giant hook and slash that lead to the Duck's third goal. None of it was called.

I don't care if you call it tight or loose, just call it the same. If it's a slash for one team, it better be a slash for the other team.

I also really, really, really, really want to see refs call more dives. There was a high stick in this game where the duck player got bumped on the chin and his legs stopped working like his heart stopped momentarily. There was a slash that was only called because the duck player shook took his hand off his stick and shook it. I really think the league needs to crack down on embelishment before the NHL starts to look like a bunch of Italian soccer teams. Not saying the calls weren't fair, saying the acting is annoying.
:plusplus:

The officiating was a load of Bolex
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I am not usually one to comment on the officiating, and I am not blaming the loss on the zebras, but I really feel like we are getting the shaft on non-calls lately. It's been particularly glaring since we took over the lead for the president's trophy. Oshie took a shot from his ass on a late scoring chance because he was tripped. Backes got leveled going behind the net without the puck. There was a giant hook and slash that lead to the Duck's third goal. None of it was called.

This is a great point. We appear to be getting interfered with like crazy with zero calls. I've head some suggest that we shouldn;t complain because that's the game we play against opponents...and I couldn't disagree more. We pressure the puck, we work the boards hard, and will fill passing lanes. What opponents are doing is taking down our players often before they can even make a play on the puck.

Sure, we send plenty of opponents to the ice, but that's when they either have the puck or are playing the puck......not before they receive a pass.

We do seem to hook a bit....but we also seem to get called on it more often then not.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

drwoland wrote:Jackman looked absolutely helpless out there. Time to sit him so he can maybe get some wheels back..

Funny, I remember at a couple of moments last night thinking how tiered he must be with how slow he was moving/reacting......then a suddenly he breaks out of our end like he was shot out of a rocket.

I'm getting a sinking feeling what ever been holding him back the last 8 years in slowly making it's return. Call it lack of heart, call it thinking too much.....I don't care. I just want to see him kick it and get back to playing the way he has most of the season.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

oops, double post :doh:
Last edited by DaDitka on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

There is bad officiating in every game, but what stood out about this one is that every time the refs made a bad call or a bad non-call, it seemed to result in a goal.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Just for a small sanity check.... Guess how much the Blues lead in the standings changed last night?

That's right.... It didn't change much at all. Detroit gained 1 point. Nothing else significant changed. The Wings still need 8 more to pass the Blues, because the Blues hold the ROW tiebreaker by a significant margin.

Backes was right when he said the Blues are going to get the best play from every opponent they face from here until the end of the season, because everyone wants to beat the #1 team, almost as much as everyone wants to beat the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

The Blues will be fine. 8 games to go with 5 points on the Canucks, 7 on Detroit, 8 on Chicago and Nashville. .500 hockey from here to the end should win the West given the way the Canucks have been sucking it up lately.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

theohall wrote:Just for a small sanity check.... Guess how much the Blues lead in the standings changed last night?

That's right.... It didn't change much at all. Detroit gained 1 point. Nothing else significant changed. The Wings still need 8 more to pass the Blues, because the Blues hold the ROW tiebreaker by a significant margin.

Backes was right when he said the Blues are going to get the best play from every opponent they face from here until the end of the season, because everyone wants to beat the #1 team, almost as much as everyone wants to beat the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

The Blues will be fine. 8 games to go with 5 points on the Canucks, 7 on Detroit, 8 on Chicago and Nashville. .500 hockey from here to the end should win the West given the way the Canucks have been sucking it up lately.
The Rangers gained 2 pts. on us, are now one point behind us with a game in hand for the President's trophy.

We're going to finish 1st or 2nd in the conference...it would be shocking if we did not.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Mahoney
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Mahoney »

Rare bad effort by Blues in the 3rd, especially defensively.
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT

Blacktooth-Grin
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Blacktooth-Grin »

Joke:

What do you call a hard, clean, hit by Chris Porter? Hooking.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

The hook on porter was behind the net, before the hit. The ref's arm is on his way up, in the frame, as they move to the corner.

Granted, it was a pretty weak hook, but by the letter of the law the stick was up on the hands and pulled.

I don't care if they call that, just make sure you call it the same every time for both teams.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:The hook on porter was behind the net, before the hit. The ref's arm is on his way up, in the frame, as they move to the corner.

Granted, it was a pretty weak hook, but by the letter of the law the stick was up on the hands and pulled.

I don't care if they call that, just make sure you call it the same every time for both teams.
Was that where it was at? Everyone thought it was he checked the player into the glass.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

philco_3 wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:The hook on porter was behind the net, before the hit. The ref's arm is on his way up, in the frame, as they move to the corner.

Was that where it was at? Everyone thought it was he checked the player into the glass.
They showed a replay a few minutes after that showed it behind the net. It was pretty ticky tac though.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen