GDT: 4/12/12 > Game 1 > Blues vs Sharks > 6:30 PM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT: 4/12/12 > Game 1 > Blues vs Sharks > 6:30 PM

Post by cprice12 »

thedoc wrote:1) Halak was solid. A couple of long rebounds but that is how he is and we knew that going in.
The game winner wasn't a great one to let in. Other than that, he was fine.
3) Jackman looked awful (please Northwest Dave don't argue he sucked).
I disagree. Ovearll I thought Jackman looked good.
4) Perron needs to quit taking bad angle shots especially when we have sustained pressure.
Agreed. However, I would add to that, it seems we passed up a lot of opportunities to put the puck towards the net at a better angle from the points. Too many times we worked it down low and didn't do much. I understand shooting lanes and all that, but damn, sometimes you just need to put it towards the net and try for a deflection or garbage goal. We tried to set up the perfect play all night, and even though we had over 40 shots, we passed up a lot of chances to generate something...anything.
6) I don't know what game cardsfan watched last night but #21 was the best player on the ice for us all night.
Agreed. If he wasn't the best, he was one of the best. Oshie had a great game as well...he generated all kinds of chances.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by SamJunior »

Arnott was almost invisilbe. I expect more from him, much more. The other vets were good, especially Langenbrunner. He was all over the ice, I liked it.

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

SamJunior wrote:Arnott was almost invisilbe. I expect more from him, much more. The other vets were good, especially Langenbrunner. He was all over the ice, I liked it.
Couldn't agree with your statement more. And I am a huge Arnott fan.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Berglund had stretches of being really good and stretches of being nonexistent. He certainly wasn't bad, I just didn't think he was great. I've been wrong before though. I thought Oshie was our best player.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

yes, Arnott was terrible. I commented to my dad about 17 minutes in, give or take, that it was the first time I noticed Arnott all night, and it was just because I saw a glimpse of the 44 on his jersey, not because he did anything worth noticing.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

cardsfan04 wrote:maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Berglund had stretches of being really good and stretches of being nonexistent. He certainly wasn't bad, I just didn't think he was great. I've been wrong before though. I thought Oshie was our best player.
Well, you see, in hockey, players will get on the ice for around a minute, then get off the ice for several minutes at a time while others take their turn.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

drwoland wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Berglund had stretches of being really good and stretches of being nonexistent. He certainly wasn't bad, I just didn't think he was great. I've been wrong before though. I thought Oshie was our best player.
Well, you see, in hockey, players will get on the ice for around a minute, then get off the ice for several minutes at a time while others take their turn.
LOL is that how it works?

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by SamJunior »

cprice12 wrote:
thedoc wrote:1) Halak was solid. A couple of long rebounds but that is how he is and we knew that going in.
The game winner wasn't a great one to let in. Other than that, he was fine.
I think Halak was a bit screened by his dman on the GWG. Or I was just too tired at 5 AM and I was hallucinating.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I'm tired of hearing about San Jose's playoff experience and the Blues lack of experience being the reason the Sharks won. It's on the radio...it's in the paper...it's online... and it's complete and utter BS.

The Blues outplayed San Jose...and the Sharks should feel fortunate that they won that game.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

We noticed the following:

Steen and AMac were the best forwards late.

Huskins is freakin' horrible.

TOO MANY PAUSES/Double pumps WHEN SHOOTING, ALLOWING THE SHARK DEFENDERS TO GET THEIR STICKS IN THE WAY. :facepalm:

Sharks interfered with the Blues several times in the first and early second and no calls.

Halak made a handful of great saves that kept us in the game. Can't say the same for Niemi.

We needed to be more aggressive overall regarding crashing the net.

Our d-men were too passive on the offensive blue line when it looked like the Sharks may break out.

Stewart wasn't horrible.

It might be a good idea to dress Porter for some energy. I personally would not mind if we dressed BJ also.

Reaves was really good.

Pie was Pie.

The chick cleaning the ice during tv timeouts has an elite turd cutter. It took some heavy willpower to not just rub one out right there in the
stands. But we didn't want to be sex offenders with records, so we didn't.

As the barn has become more comfortable, the fans have become more lazy and annoying. Some assholes actually asked us to sit down... during the intro. :facepalm:

Lots of hot, crushable ass there last night. More than usual.

If we lose game 2, it's time to worry.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

[quote="cardsfan04"1) maybe I'm crazy, 2) I've been wrong before though. .[/quote]

The two best and most accurate statements that you have ever made, especially this week. :okman:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

2) I think the loss can be attributed to coaching a small bit. I did not like the line ups. Polak played well despite previous posts but why is our only "defensive" defenseman on the third pairing?

4) Perron needs to quit taking bad angle shots especially when we have sustained pressure.

5) I love Sabotka and how he tries to hit, he is just two small to do any damage. I think Porter needs to play next game and with how well Reeves played I can't justify saying sit him.

6) I don't know what game cardsfan watched last night but #21 was the best player on the ice for us all night.

7) I still think this is a 5 game series. Saturday will determine if it is us or the Sharks.
Whatever. :roll:
Huskins was worse and Polak was almost as terrible. Lots of blame to go around, but continue with the Jackman hate.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

northwest dave wrote:

2) I think the loss can be attributed to coaching a small bit. I did not like the line ups. Polak played well despite previous posts but why is our only "defensive" defenseman on the third pairing?

5) I love Sabotka and how he tries to hit, he is just two small to do any damage. I think Porter needs to play next game and with how well Reeves played I can't justify saying sit him.

7) I still think this is a 5 game series. Saturday will determine if it is us or the Sharks.
Whatever. :roll:
Huskins was worse and Polak was almost as terrible. Lots of blame to go around, but continue with the Jackman hate.
Northwest, I couldn't agree more. Jackman might of made a few mistakes, but he got back and covered up his mistakes. I pray that Hitch dresses Carlo over Huskins. I honestly didn't know Huskins was that slow and indecisive! He was the worst player on the ice, with Polak being a close second.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote: The chick cleaning the ice during tv timeouts has an elite turd cutter. It took some heavy willpower to not just rub one out right there in the
stands. But we didn't want to be repeat sex offenders with records, so we didn't.
That's some good thinking, Goon.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

cardsfan04 wrote:yes, Arnott was terrible. I commented to my dad about 17 minutes in, give or take, that it was the first time I noticed Arnott all night, and it was just because I saw a glimpse of the 44 on his jersey, not because he did anything worth noticing.
To be fair, he was carrying #25 on his back most of the night.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

fargoblues wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:yes, Arnott was terrible. I commented to my dad about 17 minutes in, give or take, that it was the first time I noticed Arnott all night, and it was just because I saw a glimpse of the 44 on his jersey, not because he did anything worth noticing.
I love Arnott, and all I've talked about all year is about how much we need to resign him.........but dude hasn't moved his feet in a month. Stewart has outplayed him over the three weeks. Stewart is still fighting the puck, but he's been skating hard........until the final play :facepalm:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

GAAAAHHH!!
Sports guys on 590 who usually talk golf (Jay Randolph Jr.'s show) and never talk hockey are trying to analyze game #1 and explain why they lost.

Just stop it. You sound stupid.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

cprice12 wrote:GAAAAHHH!!
trying to analyze game #1 and explain why they lost.

Just stop it. You sound stupid.
You don't know how often I think that reading some of the posts on here. :goblues:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:
fargoblues wrote:
I love Arnott, and all I've talked about all year is about how much we need to resign him.........but dude hasn't moved his feet in a month. Stewart has outplayed him over the three weeks. Stewart is still fighting the puck, but he's been skating hard........until the final play :facepalm:
As I tried to explain the flashchat last night, Stewart has the chance to be the difference maker in this series (and playoffs). He's not on the top two scoring lines and could get some could chances playing on the 3rd line. I thought he came out good...skating hard and getting involved. But as the game wore on, he started to wonder around. And then in OT....well, you know.

I wonder if Porter or Beener gets a look.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Hitch said there will be changes up front and on D......but not in the Net.

Speculation is Dags and Carlo...

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund