Random Division/Conference/League Stuff

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Random Division & Conference Stuff

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kerfuffle wrote:Ever since our assistant trainer committed suicide a few days before xmas it's been all downhill.
Holy crap, I had no idea that happened. That's awful.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Yeah the guy was only 34, had a pretty wife, and 4 little kids (3 girls, 1 boy) all very young. A picture was posted on a Hawks blog of the family and it's sad knowing those little girls will always remember xmas as the time that daddy died. The team was very close to the guy and shared lots of time with him. It hit the Hawks players hard. They beat Toronto the day it happened and all hugged at center ice after it was over on 12/21. Then our next game on 12/23 we got blown out at home and the players seemed out of it. They've played that way ever since.
Last edited by Kerfuffle on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Don't look now, but...
- We're now 6 pts. up on Chicago with a game in hand.
Don't worry about us - we can't beat anyone at the moment. Ever since our assistant trainer committed suicide a few days before xmas it's been all downhill. I know every team has their ups and downs during a season and right now we are in our 'way down' part and have not recovered - it all started 12/23. I'm not even thinking about winning the division anymore but rather just making the playoffs. We are only 5 points away from completely falling out of it. As long as we can recover in time and make the playoffs and play like we are capable of then I believe we can make a run at the cup again since that's the real season. But right now we suck, we can't score, and have no D, nor goaltending.
Wow, didn't hear about that. That's tragic.

I think that although Chicago may not win the division, they've still got the chops to make it to the Conference Finals or Cup Finals- they still have the core players to make it happen. LA did that a few years ago- they made the playoffs as a lower seed, and proceeded to demolish everyone they came across.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

A big part is how the team is playing when the playoffs start. LA is still dangerous although at the moment they sit in 12th place in the conference. If blackhawks are still struggling as they are now then we're out in the first round easily. You guys would be in great position if you start the playoffs the way you are going now. But we've all seen how weird and unpredictable the playoffs can be. I still can't get my head around how we've won some series and lost others.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:Ever since our assistant trainer committed suicide a few days before xmas it's been all downhill.
Holy crap, I had no idea that happened. That's awful.
I remember reading about this just before Christmas but with the holidays and everything the story just kind of got away from me. Didn't realize it was a suicide. It's awful beyond words.

The Hawks will be fine; in time talent does tell. I can't imagine how hard it is for those guys to play after that though.

I feel so bad for Mr. Reif and his family. I can't imagine how much one must hurt to make the decision to leave their children.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

gaijin wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
Don't worry about us - we can't beat anyone at the moment. Ever since our assistant trainer committed suicide a few days before xmas it's been all downhill. I know every team has their ups and downs during a season and right now we are in our 'way down' part and have not recovered - it all started 12/23. I'm not even thinking about winning the division anymore but rather just making the playoffs. We are only 5 points away from completely falling out of it. As long as we can recover in time and make the playoffs and play like we are capable of then I believe we can make a run at the cup again since that's the real season. But right now we suck, we can't score, and have no D, nor goaltending.

I think that although Chicago may not win the division, they've still got the chops to make it to the Conference Finals or Cup Finals- they still have the core players to make it happen. LA did that a few years ago- they made the playoffs as a lower seed, and proceeded to demolish everyone they came across.
To make a comparison to other sports, the Blackhawks are in that Cardinals (baseball)/Giants (baseball)/Patriots/Kentucky Wildcats realm right now where it doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season, they should be factored into the title discussion every year. They can be a lower seed and I still wouldn't count them out until they've lost 4 out of 7 games.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
gaijin wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:

To make a comparison to other sports, the Blackhawks are in that Cardinals (baseball)/Giants (baseball)/Patriots/Kentucky Wildcats realm right now where it doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season, they should be factored into the title discussion every year. They can be a lower seed and I still wouldn't count them out until they've lost 4 out of 7 games.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Their talent is there. I hate saying things like, "They know how to win," but, they've been there before. Regardless of seed, it would shock nobody if they win the Cup.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Kerfuffle wrote:Yeah the guy was only 34, had a pretty wife, and 4 little kids (3 girls, 1 boy) all very young. A picture was posted on a Hawks blog of the family and it's sad knowing those little girls will always remember xmas as the time that daddy died. The team was very close to the guy and shared lots of time with him. It hit the Hawks players hard. They beat Toronto the day it happened and all hugged at center ice after it was over on 12/21. Then our next game on 12/23 we got blown out at home and the players seemed out of it. They've played that way ever since.
Damn if I didn't have such a hate for the Hawks, I would probably root for them because of this. That really sucks for the family he left behind..damn.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Human life supercedes any sports rivalries 100% of the time. Condolences to the Hawks family.
Last edited by glen a richter on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:Human life supercedes and sports rivalries 100% of the time. Condolences to the Hawks family.
Agreed. That's really sad. I hope his family is coping.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Kerfuffle wrote:
What the hell?? Why did the assistant trainer off himself?

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
What the hell?? Why did the assistant trainer off himself?
He was tired of your posts.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Rinne played tonight. What the hell? I thought he was going to be out for a couple more weeks.
I wasn't even looking for him to come back yet...and then I noticed he was playing in the game tonight.
He got lit up a bit... 4 goals allowed on 25 shots...Ducks won 5-2.

1st place boys. 8)
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

The Kings lost again tonight...to Florida.
They are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games. To put that into perspective, we have increased our lead over them by 12 pts over the last 10 games and we now lead them by 18 pts.

Ovearll they are only 21-18-12....and sit in 12th place in the conference. Still only 5 pts. out of a wild card spot...but they are fighting 4 other teams to grab one of those two spots.

The Kings are in a bit of trouble here.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Random Division/Conference/League Stuff

Post by cprice12 »

Yes, his nose was broken on this punch. You can see the displacement of the nose.

LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:The Kings lost again tonight...to Florida.
They are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games. To put that into perspective, we have increased our lead over them by 12 pts over the last 10 games and we now lead them by 18 pts.

Ovearll they are only 21-18-12....and sit in 12th place in the conference. Still only 5 pts. out of a wild card spot...but they are fighting 4 other teams to grab one of those two spots.

I like this.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

cprice12 wrote:The Kings lost again tonight...to Florida.

Indeed, and especially with Calgary getting back to playing decent. They aren't a shoe-in at all. I'm going to take a look at the rest of their schedule...would be tickled if they missed out.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

my own damn self wrote:I'm going to take a look at the rest of their schedule
20 of 31 remaining against teams currently in playoff position, and 3 against Colorado, who are the first team outside the playoff spots. They have no more points than Minnesota and Dallas while the former has a game in hand. Not a cakewalk. They need Winnipeg, Calgary or Vancouver to collapse. Possible, but they need help.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

same jabroni wrote:
some jabroni wrote:I'm going to take a look at the rest of their schedule
20 of 31 remaining against teams currently in playoff position, and 3 against Colorado, who are the first team outside the playoff spots. They have no more points than Minnesota and Dallas while the former has a game in hand. Not a cakewalk. They need Winnipeg, Calgary or Vancouver to collapse. Possible, but they need help.
Who wrote these??
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Shit. I did not know that about Clint Reif :( (Frank) mental illness right in the ass.