GDT #3: 10/13/15 | 8:00PM CST | @ Flames | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #3: 10/13/15 | 8:00PM CST | @ Flames | FSMW/KMOX

Post by Robb_K »

The Blues will score a lot more goals with Parayko rifling shots from the point. Play him on the left side so he can be in The Top 4 - so he'll be comfortable there by playoff time.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Now Scott Warmen said they changed Parayko's 2nd goal to Steen. But, Parayko got the goal. He must have read the news of giving Steen the primary assist, wrongly.
Last edited by Robb_K on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Robb_K wrote:Parayko again!!! Did Tarasenko tip it??? Great shot!! Blues 4-2!!!
You are perfect for flash chat, RobbK.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

The Blues are adjusting fairly well to being without Shattenkirk. Parayko and Edmundson are playing very well. But, I hope Shattenkirk will be back next game.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Parayko broke up that drive by Bennett, nicely. He's really showed a lot of hockey sense and poise in the game since Shattenkirk left. He's certainly earning the first star of The Blues in this one.

And a great save by Elliott to preserve the lead!
Last edited by Robb_K on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Blues win 4-3!!! Parayko had the winning goal! Fabbri has their other winning goal. New blood! It's good!

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

I'm very happy with the way Parayko takes it upon himself to pick up his team. He's going to be an all-star and a good team leader.A Chara type, but maybe even better.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Top notch game for Parayko. Holy hell he has been good.
What a huge boost he will be to this team.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

cprice12 wrote:Top notch game for Parayko. Holy hell he has been good.
What a huge boost he will be to this team.
The Blues really need to experiment with him on the left side, so they can get him onto the 2nd pairing, and be comfortable playing on that side by the playoff stretch, so he can be in full gear in The Playoffs. Imagine a Top 4 of Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo-Shattenkirk-Parayko, with Lindbohm-Edmundson on the 3rd pairing,

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

ComradeT wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Parayko again!!! Did Tarasenko tip it??? Great shot!! Blues 4-2!!!
You are perfect for flash chat, RobbK.
AHA! So THAT's why this thread is so empty during the game. You're all over THERE!

Fradi
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Fradi »

Kids looking really good. Shame that whatever they do this year will be overshadowed by Mcdavid and Eichel in the eyes of the media. I mean this is can easily be to their advantage, but still, Parayko would deserve some limelelight after winning the game for his team.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én D5803-el
2015-16 Sponsor of a true hero: Steve Ott

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Parayko has twice as many goals as McSavior.

Bad first period followed by a fantastic 2nd period and that's all we needed. What I'm encouraged by is the number of goals so far in this young season coming from guys who weren't here last year. We're getting contributions all over. And my god, Parayko doesn't look like a rookie whatsoever.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Robb_K wrote:Upshall shoves it in!!! 1st goal as a Blue
Apparently I still have it... :doh:
cprice12 wrote:Both goals were scored because of guys sneaking in behind our D...Petro and Bouwmeester.Petro was at fault on both it seemed.
These two have to be better if the Blues are going to have a good season. They've been very spotty so far. Not really acceptable from a #1 pairing.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I was impressed by Edmundson in this game too. He made some mistakes, but he hustled and corrected a few of them. Good effort, and seemed to read the ice well and break things up.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

big d note wrote:I was impressed by Edmundson in this game too. He made some mistakes, but he hustled and corrected a few of them. Good effort, and seemed to read the ice well and break things up.
I noticed that too. He made a few obvious blunders but busted his ass to get back into position and break up the play he had created for Calgary. I'd prefer him to play rather than Bortuzzo to be honest.

Tarasenko didn't score but he keeps finding/creating chances and looked extremely dangerous. Such a delight to watch. Knowing that we have him locked up at such a bargain price for the long term is reassuring.

Parayko reminds me of Macinnis with Pronger's size. He has a cannon of a shot, always seems to get it through on net, AND is very accurate with it. I'm excited to keep watching him.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Kreegz2 wrote:
big d note wrote:I was impressed by Edmundson in this game too. He made some mistakes, but he hustled and corrected a few of them. Good effort, and seemed to read the ice well and break things up.
I noticed that too. He made a few obvious blunders but busted his ass to get back into position and break up the play he had created for Calgary. I'd prefer him to play rather than Bortuzzo to be honest.
I think that is quite an understatement. Bortuzzo's lack of speed and slowness in reading plays and reacting makes him a liability on defence. Forwards with average speed and shiftiness go around him like he's Rich Pilon at the end of his career. He brings a physical element, and stands up for his teammates. But, even so. I don't want to see him on the ice for The Blues. especially if it means Edmundson, Parayko or Lindbohm are not in.

Edmundson does virtually EVERYTHING better than Bortuzzo, and adds the physical eleement and ability and penchant to fight, as well. Not that they compete much, as Edmundson plays the left side, and Bortuzzo the right. Edmundson is a solid stay-at-home defenceman, who can carry the puck and pass decently and has a decent shot, and his hockey sense is way, way above that of Bortuzzo. the only reason he is not a tremendous story this season is because Parayko is a phenom. Parayko might top out as a great 2-way #2 or #3, while Edmundson might top out as a #3 or #4 D-man. Bortuzzo will be lucky to play a regular shift in the 3rd pairing (and we'd better hope that never happens with The Blues).

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Robb_K wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
I think that is quite an understatement. Bortuzzo's lack of speed and slowness in reading plays and reacting makes him a liability on defence. Forwards with average speed and shiftiness go around him like he's Rich Pilon at the end of his career. He brings a physical element, and stands up for his teammates. But, even so. I don't want to see him on the ice for The Blues. especially if it means Edmundson, Parayko or Lindbohm are not in.

Edmundson does virtually EVERYTHING better than Bortuzzo, and adds the physical eleement and ability and penchant to fight, as well. Not that they compete much, as Edmundson plays the left side, and Bortuzzo the right. Edmundson is a solid stay-at-home defenceman, who can carry the puck and pass decently and has a decent shot, and his hockey sense is way, way above that of Bortuzzo. the only reason he is not a tremendous story this season is because Parayko is a phenom. Parayko might top out as a great 2-way #2 or #3, while Edmundson might top out as a #3 or #4 D-man. Bortuzzo will be lucky to play a regular shift in the 3rd pairing (and we'd better hope that never happens with The Blues).
I agree I would like to see Bortuzzo stay as a 7th D, keep Edmunson as a 3rd pair guy with lindbohm and throw Parayko on the second line. Gunnarson needs to go before the deadline hopefully way before that.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Finally watched the game..

That first Calgary goal where Pietrangelo looked so bad.... This is the type of situation which will happen with the Blues playing a more aggressive offensive style. Part of the issue - both Blues forwards on the right side of the ice got caught behind the puck as Pietrangelo was trying to hold the line assuming the Blues would a) get possession or b) slow up the Flames exiting the zone. Neither happened. Bang - Pietrangelo is caught in no-man's-land where he has no chance on making a play on anything. As the D get used to the new offensive system, they should get more effective at knowing when to hold the line and when to back off. In this case, it was a bad read by Pietrangelo given the position of the Blues forwards.

The power play goal with Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester switching sides... how in the heck does Pietrangelo not do anything about the guy standing directly in front of the goalie behind him? That's just horrible PKing.

To the good stuff... The Blues did play in front of the goal line the majority of the time spent in the offensive zone. When they did play the puck behind the net, they were quick - with one exception - to get the puck back out in front of the goal line where there is always a threat to shoot on net. Even the 4th line, though they didn't play much, wasn't just cycling on the boards and behind the net. They were playing the same style as the rest of the lines working in front of the goal line. Calgary struggled mightily defending the Blues 5-on-5 most of the game.

The one exception is when a Blues forward set up behind the net with no pressure on him and the other two forwards set up in each side of the net for the pass. Still a strong offensive play, though one we won't see much of given the new style of offense.

If the Blues can consistently play that style of offense, they are getting ready for the playoffs. I don't know why they were not as consistent playing this style vs the Wild, other than Minnesota is excellent at reading where plays are going and getting to the receiving guy to break up plays, instead of chasing the puck.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season