Blues vs. Canucks - GDT Oct, 16th

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues vs. Canucks - GDT Oct, 16th

Post by theohall »

We like GDTs. And thanks to dmiles not starting the Vancouver one, the 0-4 thing vs Vancouver is history. ;)

To the game...

Yes, it was a bit scary at the end and in some spots in the first period. Most of the odd-man breaks we are seeing against us are a direct result of the new offensive system. That being said, with the old offensive system, Bortuzzo likely doesn't score his goal. We want more offense - which we are getting - expect to see chances going the other way considerably more often than last season.

Vancouver is a good team and until the final few minutes, the Blues seemed to have control of most of the game. All team's seem capable of pushing a little more when trailing at the end and the Blues didn't put the finishing touches on to make it easier. They still got the win.

Any word on Stastny?
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Robb_K wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:3 Stars of the Game:

1) Robb_K
2) Robb_K
3) Robb_K
I guess there's no need for a GDT if everyone is on Flashchat, and people who missed the game can look at the Flashchat posts long after the game. Do the Flashchat posts remain posted permanently? Or are they only up for a period of seconds and disappear?

I will stop trying to force a GDT if no one else posts.
I never really go to Flashchat and enjoy reading your updates on the game. Keep going Robb! :grin:

beat2life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beat2life »

Portland Blues wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

1) Robb_K
2) Robb_K
3) Robb_K
I guess there's no need for a GDT if everyone is on Flashchat, and people who missed the game can look at the Flashchat posts long after the game. Do the Flashchat posts remain posted permanently? Or are they only up for a period of seconds and disappear?

I never really go to Flashchat and enjoy reading your updates on the game. Keep going Robb! :grin:

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

beat2life wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

1) Robb_K
2) Robb_K
3) Robb_K

Me too.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

theohall wrote:We like GDTs. And thanks to dmiles not starting the Vancouver one, the 0-4 thing vs Vancouver is history. ;)
Yep, that's totally what I was aiming for. :D

Thanks to Robb K for starting the GDT after my forgetfulness. No worries, I'll get one going tomorrow.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

I'm still curious as to whether or not the posts on Flashchat can be read after the game is over. Can anyone tell me the answer to that?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Robb_K wrote:I'm still curious as to whether or not the posts on Flashchat can be read after the game is over. Can anyone tell me the answer to that?
They can as long as the room hasn't been cleared. And you can only see a certain chunk of them. After awhile, it sort of 'archives' the other comments and since we don't pay for the room, it won't allow you to go back and see those earlier comments.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I like GDTs too. This one was a west coast game and on a Friday night. That's not a good combination for forum traffic.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:I'm still curious as to whether or not the posts on Flashchat can be read after the game is over. Can anyone tell me the answer to that?
They can as long as the room hasn't been cleared. And you can only see a certain chunk of them. After awhile, it sort of 'archives' the other comments and since we don't pay for the room, it won't allow you to go back and see those earlier comments.
Well we wouldn't want everyone seeing how LGB supports Breast Cancer Awareness whenever the Blues score a goal. ;)
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

theohall wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Well we wouldn't want everyone seeing how LGB supports Breast Cancer Awareness whenever the Blues score a goal. ;)

Thumbs up. :D

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

cardsfan04 wrote:I like GDTs too. This one was a west coast game and on a Friday night. That's not a good combination for forum traffic.
Folks are going to do what they want to do. But I wish they would post in the GDT during the game instead of the chat room.
GDT's are fun to go through before, during and after the game...and they'll be here forever.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

dmiles2186 wrote:
theohall wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

Thumbs up. :D
:lol: :okman:
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I like GDTs too. This one was a west coast game and on a Friday night. That's not a good combination for forum traffic.
Folks are going to do what they want to do. But I wish they would post in the GDT during the game instead of the chat room.
GDT's are fun to go through before, during and after the game...and they'll be here forever.
And to be honest, there's only about 3 of us consistently in the chat room, so it's not a high number. It boils down to a few things: either not many people watch the game (and thus post) live. Or people just don't jump online during a game like they used to. I used to try to double post in chat and in the GDT, but there just wasn't much interaction there to warrant both. But if people start posting in GDTs more often, maybe I'll get back in the habit.