From their Perspective - Chicago

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: From their Perspective - Chicago

Post by cprice12 »

sparty09 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:It's just fans whining about their team being dominated.
They are lashing out.

What they should be saying is that the Blues make THEIR TEAM boring to watch because the Blues shut them down. And, uh...that is the object of the game, right?

The Blues aren't getting 18 shots on net and winning games 2-1, they usually get 30-40 shots on net and win 2-1. They generate tons of chances, play very physical, are a very quick team and have some young exciting players on offense, defense and in net that are fun to watch. The quality chances are there, the excitement is there, and they seem to get the goals when they need them, they just don't finish around the net as much as they probably should based on the number of chances they get.

Opposing fans saying this Blues team is "boring" is just them being bitter, jealous and ignorant.
Exactly. What are the Blues supposed to do to make things more interesting? Let opposing teams take more shots? Let them score more? Just not play their game at all? It's ridiculous and a bunch of sour grapes.
Minnesotta a few years ago was a BORING team to watch.
The Devils when they trapped were a BORING team to watch.
This Blues team is nothing like those teams.
People automatically hear "great defensive team" and think they are boring. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Blues haven't been this exciting in years.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

People who call great defense "boring" are a certain brand of fans who don't appreciate the intricacies of the sport they're watching. Whatever sport it may be, they want offense, offense and more offense. It's the reason we have:

1) No more center ice line (which is directly responsible for the uptick in concussions) in the NHL
2) An ongoing steroids scandal (which has made nearly everyone who's statistically solid a potential suspect regardless of facts) in MLB

Besides which, "boring" (as it relates to a lack of offense) is 0-0 games that have to be resolved in a shootout all the time. The Blues offense has really picked up their collective game upon the return of Perron and McDonald, and when Steener gets back (and the obligatory "When Tarasenko gets here next year") will they still be bitching about how boring the Blues play? I have a friend who's an Oilers fan who won't watch games against the Blues because of the perceived notion that the Blues play a boring game. Is it that or just fear of the Oilers being wrecked by the first place team?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:People who call great defense "boring" are a certain brand of fans who don't appreciate the intricacies of the sport they're watching. Whatever sport it may be, they want offense, offense and more offense. It's the reason we have:

1) No more center ice line (which is directly responsible for the uptick in concussions) in the NHL
2) An ongoing steroids scandal (which has made nearly everyone who's statistically solid a potential suspect regardless of facts) in MLB

Besides which, "boring" (as it relates to a lack of offense) is 0-0 games that have to be resolved in a shootout all the time. The Blues offense has really picked up their collective game upon the return of Perron and McDonald, and when Steener gets back (and the obligatory "When Tarasenko gets here next year") will they still be bitching about how boring the Blues play? I have a friend who's an Oilers fan who won't watch games against the Blues because of the perceived notion that the Blues play a boring game. Is it that or just fear of the Oilers being wrecked by the first place team?
Thats all i kept hearing from the band wagon fans last night at the game.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Blackhawk fan tears..... So tasty.... They sustain me.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:People who call great defense "boring" are a certain brand of fans who don't appreciate the intricacies of the sport they're watching. Whatever sport it may be, they want offense, offense and more offense.
Kinda sounds like you when you bash soccer all the time. :mrgreen: :wink:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:People who call great defense "boring" are a certain brand of fans who don't appreciate the intricacies of the sport they're watching. Whatever sport it may be, they want offense, offense and more offense.
Soccer is 90+ minutes of nothing. They don't even (Franking) move around, they just kick a ball back and forth and can't even score on a net the size of Texas. That's not a real sport and they're not real athletes.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

So what is Chicago reasoning why they aren't in first place this year? Was it because they didn't sign a FA to another 10 year contract?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Soccer is 90+ minutes of nothing. They don't even (Frank) move around, they just kick a ball back and forth and can't even score on a net the size of Texas. That's not a real sport and they're not real athletes.
You're right. They stand in place. That's why some have measured that the average soccer player runs a distance of 7 miles plus per game. That's how far standing in place takes you. And I guess marathon runners aren't athletes since they run long distances as well. Not to mention they do things with their feet that we can't even do with our hands. Never seen a bicycle kick?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Soccer is 90+ minutes of nothing. They don't even (Frank) move around, they just kick a ball back and forth and can't even score on a net the size of Texas. That's not a real sport and they're not real athletes.
You're right. They stand in place. That's why some have measured that the average soccer player runs a distance of 7 miles plus per game. That's how far standing in place takes you. And I guess marathon runners aren't athletes since they run long distances as well. Not to mention they do things with their feet that we can't even do with our hands. Never seen a bicycle kick?
I've watched soccer for about, oh... 5 minutes before I fell asleep. It's a whole lot of nothing going on. Just a bunch of Euro-pansies who can't hit the (Franking) net but you'd almost never know because for 90 minutes they manage maybe 3 shots per team.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Re: From their Perspective - Chicago

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I've watched soccer for about, oh... 5 minutes before I fell asleep. It's a whole lot of nothing going on. Just a bunch of Euro-pansies who can't hit the (Frank) net but you'd almost never know because for 90 minutes they manage maybe 3 shots per team.
You forgot to mention Oscar caliber actors when ever someone touches their shin.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

Hey D, even hockey players will tell you soccer players are the best athletes in the world, but you're never going to win that fight here man.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

Hey D, even hockey players will tell you soccer players are the best athletes in the world, but you're never going to win that fight here man.
I know that, but we're talking about not understanding the intricacies of hockey and I compared it to glen not understanding the intricacies of soccer. I do it to make a point, and also annoy the hell out of glen. :mrgreen:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I enjoy soccer.
It's not fast paced or full of great scoring chances, but I appreciate the strategy and the skill involved.
I really get into it during World Cup time...that's just fun stuff right there.

If St. Louis had an MLS team, I'd go to a handful of games each year.

I played soccer for 4 or 5 years growing up, before switching to hockey. Soccer and hockey are similar in a lot of ways.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:I enjoy soccer.
It's not fast paced or full of great scoring chances, but I appreciate the strategy and the skill involved.

I played soccer for 4 or 5 years growing up, before switching to hockey. Soccer and hockey are similar in a lot of ways.
Thank you. It's a slower pace, but the field is massive and there's more of a strategy and build to make a scoring play happen.

I've been hoping St. Louis would get an MLS team for years now. Hopefully soon.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I enjoy soccer.

Thank you. It's a slower pace, but the field is massive and there's more of a strategy and build to make a scoring play happen.

I've been hoping St. Louis would get an MLS team for years now. Hopefully soon.
It's just a different type of game.
If you watch a soccer game and expect to see lots of scoring, you have mistaken outdoor soccer for indoor soccer.
I went to a soccer match in Italy...Roma vs. Dynamo Kiev when I was in Rome.
It was amazing. The atmosphere was crazy and borderline scary. The chanting when we were walking into the stadium was like something out of The Two Towers when the orcs were outside Helm's Deep. Very cool and unique experience. There were actually a number of goals scored in the game we went to...I think the final score was 3-0, Roma.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO