GDT: Blues vs Ducks, 7 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues vs Ducks, 7 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:gee- we ax 4 & 6 and we dominate 2 games in a row. shocking
Not to some of us. Of course, adding a 30 goal guy helps. :)
I really think this team's strength is up front and has been from day one. Lose 10, 74 & 57 and we lose... 10 & 74 are back and we're rockin. Add 25. once 57 comes back... look the **** out. Seriously. This is the best group of forwards we've had in 20 years.

:okman:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

So, who is going to be the subject of John and Darren's nutbeards now that "Captain" Brewer and EJ are gone?

Even they can't milk Janssen for the rest of the year. He'll still be from Eureka when he's in the press box.

Discuss.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

goon attack wrote:
theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:gee- we ax 4 & 6 and we dominate 2 games in a row. shocking
Not to some of us. Of course, adding a 30 goal guy helps. :)
I really think this team's strength is up front and has been from day one. Lose 10, 74 & 57 and we lose... 10 & 74 are back and we're rockin. Add 25. once 57 comes back... look the **** out. Seriously. This is the best group of forwards we've had in 20 years.

:okman:
It's better than that.

21 with 74 is a different player and 20 is the perfect guy to play with those two. He allows 21 to concentrate on offense, while 74 and 20 are the two-way forwards.

25-10-42 = monster line.

That's two lines opponents have to concentrate on stopping.

When 57 comes back, where does he play? Moving 20 to a 3rd line when 21 and 74 and he are playing so well.

IMO - bring in McRae - a guy who wins faceoffs - pair him with 57 and 36 and the Blues are rolling 3 scoring lines. If 57 isn' coming back soon, but Boyes or Crombeen there.

Dump Janssen. Makeup the 4th/checking line of whomever is left.

Blues should trade Boyes for a defensive center and draft picks, IMO.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Speaking of 57.... any word on 57?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Speaking of 57.... any word on 57?
This is the best article I could find on Perron:
David Perron’s last game was back on November 4th against the San Jose Sharks where the young winger suffered a concussion in a collision with Joe Thorton. Since that time, news on Perron and his road to recovery has been pretty tough to come by. President John Davidson spoke on the telecast leading up before the game against the Wild on Friday, and offered some brief insight in regards to Perron’s rehabilitation.
Long story short, Perron still has a tough road ahead of him. Also, there unfortunately hasn’t been any major progress or any significant new news to report.

Perron has been doing some light workouts off the ice but still hasn’t been cleared to resume skating. While it is encouraging that he hasn’t suffered any setbacks during his workouts, it is also pretty discouraging that here we are several months later and he is still feeling some effects that are keeping him off the ice.

Concussions can be a pretty frustrating injury – ask Perron and he’ll likely say the same thing. Unlike other injuries such as a broken bone or a torn muscle, the recovery time for a concussion greatly varies from player to player. Look no further than the St. Louis roster to see evidence of this as Andy McDonald was absent just a month while Perron is into month number four.

With such a young star as Perron, it really comes as no surprise that the Blues aren’t rushing him back. As Davidson pointed out, you run the risk of a young player coming back too soon and injuring himself even further, risking the possibility of a career-ending situation. The organization will be patient and allow him as much time as possible to make a full recovery.

Hopefully Perron will be able to take the ice in the near future and will begin the process of working through the rust caused by missing NHL action for the past few months. With the Blues entering the last stages of the year, each day that Perron doesn’t begin his on-ice rehab is another day closer we are to finding out he has been shut down for the remainder of the year.

At this stage, don’t plan on seeing Perron’s name in the lineup anytime soon. We hope we’re wrong, but his recovery has needed to be a very slow and careful process. If the Blues fall out of contention late in the year and Perron is ready to go, we may see the Blues hold him out just to be safe.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

How could Polak go -2?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

STLADOGG wrote:How could Polak go -2?
thank brad boyes and the Blues 3rd line for turning the puck over at the blueline twice and then Conklin for completely blowing a save one of those two times.

The other goal was more flukish

And then he wasn't on the ice with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk - the two d-men who helped generate considerable offense. He was paired with Nikitin.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

theohall wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:How could Polak go -2?
thank brad boyes and the Blues 3rd line for turning the puck over at the blueline twice and then Conklin for completely blowing a save one of those two times.

The other goal was more flukish

And then he wasn't on the ice with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk - the two d-men who helped generate considerable offense. He was paired with Nikitin.
Nice...yeah conks really was off today...but he had a shutout last night so can't hate that much.
TW Tiger Woods TW

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Interesting... From ESPN.com's game summary.
Game notes
In the last seven meetings, there's been a single one-goal game. ... McDonald has eight goals and four assists in his last seven games against his former team. ... The Ducks had won six of their previous seven on the road. ... Fans cheered a reference to the Brewer trade during a pregame feature on the videoboard. :lol:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Awesome :lol:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Man that was nice to see them stick it to Anaheim. Fun stuff.

Ok, here's the deal...they are 5-1-2 since the all-star break. The playoff push has started!! :grin:

Seriously though, the playoffs are still a possibility if they continue to win, mainly because of their games in hand. Some like to laugh at the mention of "games in hand", but honestly, they mean something. We play a lot of games in a short amount of time here over the next week and we should be playing those games in hand this week. Monday and Tuesday's games are winnable...and if they want to get in, these are the kinds of games they need to win, just like against Anaheim last night. That was a big game.

I think with the recent trades, hope for the playoffs has gained a little steam...which is cool. Our offense should be noticeably better with the addition of Stewart and Shattenkirk. And moving Brewer was addition by subtraction.

I'm definitely more optimistic about this team right now than I was a few days ago. :letsgoblues:
Granted, they still have to play great down the stretch to get in, but they've done it before.

Halak just needs to get healthy...and quick.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cprice12 wrote: Halak just needs to get healthy...and quick.
Or let Bishop get most of the starts until Halak can return. He was sharp last night. Treat Bishop as if he is Halak and keep Conklin on that minimal rotation.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Unbelievable game to be at. I hadn't been to a game in over 2 1/2 months. I get lucky enough to go to this one. I was so excited we got Stewart, and even more excited one he started rolling out there with Backes and McDonald. That's a fun line. My wife's family came and I told my brother in law (who only sometimes watches hockey) that the the way Stewart can endear himself to Blues fan would be to get a Gordie Howe hat trick on night #1. But honestly? I'll take 2 goals instead. There was no way he wasn't the #1 star after he scored his 2nd goal. The place went nuts for him when he came out for his curtain call.

On another note, Shattenkirk and Petro moved the puck really well on the PP I thought. I know it's just one game, but we haven't seen this much giddy up in the Blues in quite some time.

And how about Bishop? I wanted Bishop to start since it was the 2nd night of a back to back. Conklin can only go for so long before he starts sucking again. Conklin was terrible (though the turnovers didn't help). Bishop came in and settled things down. He wasn't flopping around, and he was just solid in his "shutout."

I wasn't look forward to this game a week ago. But I was excited just to see the new blood. Now I'm excited to see what this team can do the rest of the season. I hope Stewart knocks the eff out of some Blackhawks come Monday.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

After watching Bishop tonight I think we can trade Conks for another scorer. Although I think he would have to start a game.
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I have to mention this. Did you guys see how many times Stewart went STRAIGHT TO THE FRIGGIN' NET last night? Gotta love it. He was parked right in front of the goalie half the night. And when he wasn't, he was driving hard to the net or winning battles in the corners. I know it's one game, but I'm pumped to have this kid on our team.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

dmiles2186 wrote:I have to mention this. Did you guys see how many times Stewart went STRAIGHT TO THE FRIGGIN' NET last night? Gotta love it. He was parked right in front of the goalie half the night. And when he wasn't, he was driving hard to the net or winning battles in the corners. I know it's one game, but I'm pumped to have this kid on our team.
Oshie was doing the same thing when he wasn't bringing the puck in along the boards or the first one up ice.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Am I the only one here who woke up this morning with the euphoric feeling that I just lost my virginity last night?

:goblues:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

goon attack wrote:Am I the only one here who woke up this morning with the euphoric feeling that I just lost my virginity last night?

I woke up without a hangover, when I should have one. :) Does that count?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I have to mention this. Did you guys see how many times Stewart went STRAIGHT TO THE FRIGGIN' NET last night? Gotta love it. He was parked right in front of the goalie half the night. And when he wasn't, he was driving hard to the net or winning battles in the corners. I know it's one game, but I'm pumped to have this kid on our team.
Oshie was doing the same thing when he wasn't bringing the puck in along the boards or the first one up ice.
:plusplus:

Backes, Oshie, Stewart... we've gone from pansies to supreme badasses overnight.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:Am I the only one here who woke up this morning with the euphoric feeling that I just lost my virginity last night?

I woke up without a hangover, when I should have one. :) Does that count?
Yes! :letsgoblues: :cup: