Patrick Kane Subject of Police Investigation

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patrick Kane Subject of Police Investigation

Post by cprice12 »

https://twitter.com/BuckyHermit/status/629323432656814080 :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote:Yes, Kane is immensely talented and has had a lot of success in the NHL. But so what? With all of his talent, he is still a huge black eye for the league...which should say something.

Not really, at least not yet. It depends on what comes out of this. I think he shows a lot of immaturity with the company he keeps and clearly the money and fame have gone to his head. If this whole 'rape' thing turns out to be a dud and non-starter then nothing will change until his next drunken episode that makes the papers.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

cardsfan04 wrote:I hate Kane as much as anybody, but I don't think we have enough details to know anything yet. First there were underage rumors. Now, she's in her 20s. First there were reports of roofies. Now it's that he overpowered her.

I understand why the media is reporting things on this already. This will be a high profile story until it is resolved. But, it seems irresponsible of the media to keep reporting rumors that are clearly unsubstantiated.
Yeah, I'm done commenting too. Too serious. And it doesn't matter who her dad is-this is criminal case. It will be handled by prosecutors. No prosecutor doesn't take a rape case seriously. It's just down to the facts and how good they are at their job now-however this goes.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Yes, Kane is immensely talented and has had a lot of success in the NHL. But so what? With all of his talent, he is still a huge black eye for the league...which should say something.

Not really, at least not yet. It depends on what comes out of this. I think he shows a lot of immaturity with the company he keeps and clearly the money and fame have gone to his head. If this whole 'rape' thing turns out to be a dud and non-starter then nothing will change until his next drunken episode that makes the papers.
I had a very low opinion of him before the rape allegation. A lot of people did.
I just don't think the NHL should be using him to promote the league.
And as far as I am concerned, this incident is just a big "I told you so" from me to the NHL.
But yes...how this latest thing turns out will likely be the determining factor in whether or not he is asked to do many more future promotional things. Hell, the bad PR around this will have the league and a lot of sponsors keeping their distance regardless of how it turns out...at least for a while anyway.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

I've always looked at players as just that....players. I don't care that Kane isn't a Boy Scout. Personally I think he's an arrogant punk but I can live with that as long as he keeps winning on the ice and putting the puck in the net. I know a lot of fans like to have a personal connection to players but I could care less. Just win and I don't care what you do off the ice as long as you aren't hurting other people. Kane being a dbag I can live with. if he truly raped this woman though I want him out of the league as well. Otherwise it's business as usual

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Heard from these "unconfirmed sources close to the investigation" that a rape kit was utilized.

If that comes back with Kane's DNA and the girl insists he forced himself on her...

He's in trouble. Serious trouble. Maybe a 7 figure payment to her with prosecutor acquiescence would keep it from becoming a serious conviction.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Heard from these "unconfirmed sources close to the investigation" that a rape kit was utilized.

If that comes back with Kane's DNA and the girl insists he forced himself on her...

He's in trouble. Serious trouble. Maybe a 7 figure payment to her with prosecutor acquiescence would keep it from becoming a serious conviction.
The rape kit is old news and was reported last week. And no, just because they find DNA doesn't mean he's in trouble. Rape is hard to prove and if it's just a he/said - she/said - Kane will most likely get off with his celebratory status.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Kerfuffle wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:Heard from these "unconfirmed sources close to the investigation" that a rape kit was utilized.

The rape kit is old news and was reported last week. And no, just because they find DNA doesn't mean he's in trouble. Rape is hard to prove and if it's just a he/said - she/said - Kane will most likely get off with his celebratory status.
I'm not talking about proving it, I'm talking about formal charges of Rape being brought against him. If he's CHARGED he's in serious trouble. That's what I meant. Contractually, with the Blackhawks, with the NHL, with everyone.

If they find his DNA then yea he's in trouble because it corroborates the woman's story, at the least, that sex occurred.

I wouldn't want to be the prosecutor of that county right now. Lots of eyes on you.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Kerfuffle wrote:

I think you mean celebrity status, not celebratory. Wrong situation for that misspelling... :wink:

Damn you, autocorrect.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:Rape is hard to prove and if it's just a he/said - she/said - Kane will most likely get off with his celebratory status.
Hard to prove, sure. Could he get off? Of course. Don't kid yourself about his celebrity status though. For these same reasons, a lot of the public won't feel he's actually innocent even if he is cleared (understandably-funny how most people have no trouble going through life never being accused of rape...and funny how "bad boys" have a tendency to run into those presumably rare girls who will just make it up...). Hockey fans-even Blues fans-not infrequently have to be reminded that not only was Doug Gilmour never convicted of anything but his accuser recanted. Kane will be a pariah to many now. Why take the chance of there being a bad association with your product when there are plenty other young, good-looking NHL stars to choose from who aren't even potentially rapists?

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I hate to mistrust the accuser, but unfortunately celebrities and athletes sometimes become targets for false accusations like this. We have to wait for all the facts to come in. Remember the Duke scandal or what happened to Birdman:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.1460912
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

ecbm wrote:...funny how most people have no trouble going through life never being accused of rape...and funny how "bad boys" have a tendency to run into those presumably rare girls who will just make it up
Most people don't make $13.5M a year either. Celebrities are targets cause the accuser can score a big payday.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kerfuffle wrote:
ecbm wrote:...funny how most people have no trouble going through life never being accused of rape...and funny how "bad boys" have a tendency to run into those presumably rare girls who will just make it up
Most people don't make $13.5M a year either. Celebrities are targets cause the accuser can score a big payday.
And some celebrities are asshats who think they can get away with it due to being rich. Usually the d-bags who have done stupid things before - like beating up a cabbie over change.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Even controlling for that. Even most millionaires-most billionaires-never get accused of rape. Obviously "where there's smoke there's fire" is bs but this happening (along with other nonsense) is surely an indication of a life being lived at a less-than-optimal level of responsibility or self control.

If he gets out of this-which he should of course, if he his innocent-he should really put some effort into growing up and getting his shit together.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

ecbm wrote: Even controlling for that. Even most millionaires-most billionaires-never get accused of rape. Obviously "where there's smoke there's fire" is bs but this happening (along with other nonsense) is surely an indication of a life being lived at a less-than-optimal level of responsibility or self control.

If he gets out of this-which he should of course, if he his innocent-he should really put some effort into growing up and getting his shit together.
I agree 100% with that. I'm guessing he'll hire one of those 'personal life coaches' to go around with him and help him make better decisions. At least that will be the message given to appease the public. I'm expecting the Hawks to suspend or fine him heavily even if no charges are brought - just for the fact that he continues to get into trouble.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

ecbm wrote: At least that will be the message given to appease the public. I'm expecting the Hawks to suspend or fine him heavily even if no charges are brought - just for the fact that he continues to get into trouble.
And the Hawks should, but they also need to take some responsibility too. Use the money they fine him to hire a life coach and enroll into AA class or substance abuse program(Im not saying he is an alcoholic, but the drinking is what is getting him into these situations).

These teams grab these 18-19 year olds and throw money, women and fame at them, part of the teams responsibility should be making sure they stay out of trouble and are mentored to be good examples for the league and team. This should have been done with Kane after the first couple drinking incidents got him under the micro scope. The Cab incident, Choking the frat girl in Wisconsin and the other shit he got into up in Madison.

Best course of action right now until charges are dropped or he is charged is to make Kane a healthy scratch. Let him attend training camp and practices, but no playing in games. If charges are filed then he is suspended(which the NHL will do anyway) and if Charges are dropped well then thats that.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

No matter how this investigation goes, Kane will get traded. Mark my words.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Oaklandblue wrote:No matter how this investigation goes, Kane will get traded. Mark my words.
I assume that's a joke.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:No matter how this investigation goes, Kane will get traded. Mark my words.
I assume that's a joke.
Yeah, I don't know about that.
1) The Hawks don't want to trade him.
2) I'm not so sure any team would want to offer fair market value for him right now.

We all know that the Blues f'd up when they traded Gilmour in a knee jerk reaction over the false accusation from that babysitter. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And to be perfectly honest...speaking for my team and the way I feel about Kane...I don't want him here. I wouldn't want him here for half his current salary. Not that the Hawks would EVER trade Kane here...but still. I hate the guy so much, and it's not really from stuff he has done on the ice. It's who he really is that I can't stand. I couldn't see myself ever rooting for him because of that. Usually I'll hate a guy because of stuff he does on the ice and many more times than not he's actually a really good guy off the ice and I try not to carry that hatred over to the actual person, it's just his on ice personality or whatever. My hatred for most players is purely in the spirit of competition on the ice. But not with Kane. The guy just seems like a real douchebag off the ice...PLUS, he plays for the Hawks...so it's a hatred on multiple levels that I have for him. :grin:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
I assume that's a joke.
Yeah, I don't know about that.
1) The Hawks don't want to trade him.
2) I'm not so sure any team would want to offer fair market value for him right now.

We all know that the Blues f'd up when they traded Gilmour in a knee jerk reaction over the false accusation from that babysitter. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And to be perfectly honest...speaking for my team and the way I feel about Kane...I don't want him here. I wouldn't want him here for half his current salary. Not that the Hawks would EVER trade Kane here...but still. I hate the guy so much, and it's not really from stuff he has done on the ice. It's who he really is that I can't stand. I couldn't see myself ever rooting for him because of that. Usually I'll hate a guy because of stuff he does on the ice and many more times than not he's actually a really good guy off the ice and I try not to carry that hatred over to the actual person, it's just his on ice personality or whatever. My hatred for most players is purely in the spirit of competition on the ice. But not with Kane. The guy just seems like a real douchebag off the ice...PLUS, he plays for the Hawks...so it's a hatred on multiple levels that I have for him. :grin:
I agree. No team would give up fair value for him. If they try to trade him it's a PR move, not a hockey move. It just doesn't make sense for them to move him.

And, I don't see myself being able to root for him ever either. There are only a few guys in sports that I couldn't ever root for if they came to my team and he's one of them. Toews, I would welcome with open arms. I hate Toews, but I have more respect for him than anybody in the league. Kane, in addition to thinking he's overrated (still very good, just overrated), I think he's a total scumbag. I hated Berkman before the Cards traded for him and he became one of my favorite players really quickly. Would never happen with Kane even if he scored 50 in 50.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen