GDT: Blues vs Ducks, 7 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues vs Ducks, 7 PM, FS-MW, KMOX

Post by STLADOGG »

You know it's a great night when you feel bad for the other goaltender....how about the fans cheering we want 10? Feels like the 90's :letsgoblues:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

My dad and I were there last night and thought it was like a playoff atmosphere, at least after the game. Was incredible. Last night was definitely the best they have played since the first 12 games, and possibly all year. Everything about the game was really good. Tons of energy, GREAT puck movement. Bishop was really good (I didn't say 2 words to him in HS, but he was 2 years behind me at Chaminade, so I always like when he does well).
dmiles2186 wrote:I have to mention this. Did you guys see how many times Stewart went STRAIGHT TO THE FRIGGIN' NET last night? Gotta love it. He was parked right in front of the goalie half the night. And when he wasn't, he was driving hard to the net or winning battles in the corners. I know it's one game, but I'm pumped to have this kid on our team.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Both his goals were garbage goals off of rebounds. But, that's his job. He went to the front of the net and cleaned up. He is an instant fan favorite, which is huge for the success of this trade. Despite his dumb penalty (which I'll credit to him trying to do too much in his first game here), I thought Shattenkirk was good too. I was hoping to see his shot more, but that will come.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

STLADOGG wrote:You know it's a great night when you feel bad for the other goaltender....how about the fans cheering we want 10? Feels like the 90's :letsgoblues:
I heard when I got home that it was his first ever NHL game, which is why they waited till the second to pull Hiller. Welcome to the NHL.

purple_haze
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by purple_haze »

cardsfan04 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:You know it's a great night when you feel bad for the other goaltender....how about the fans cheering we want 10? Feels like the 90's :letsgoblues:
I heard when I got home that it was his first ever NHL game, which is why they waited till the second to pull Hiller. Welcome to the NHL.
hiller wasn't playing he had the flu bug or something like that. C. McElhinney and T. Pielmeier were in net for the Ducks, but with the time of possession we had in the game it wouldn't have mattered. We still would've won around 6-3 to the say the very least. Thats giving a lot of credit to hiller, though we ran him out last october in net.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cardsfan04 wrote:Despite his dumb penalty (which I'll credit to him trying to do too much in his first game here), I thought Shattenkirk was good too. I was hoping to see his shot more, but that will come.
The call on Shattenkirk was BS. He finished his check, the puck hadn't been touched by anyone else, and the idiot ref called interference. Shattenkirk doesn't finish the check and out comes the question of whether or not he will hit anyone. It's stupid when a ref calls a penalty for a player doing something they are always taught to do.

Of course, the refs made up for it with some questionable calls going the Blues way later. :)
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:Despite his dumb penalty (which I'll credit to him trying to do too much in his first game here), I thought Shattenkirk was good too. I was hoping to see his shot more, but that will come.
The call on Shattenkirk was BS. He finished his check, the puck hadn't been touched by anyone else, and the idiot ref called interference. Shattenkirk doesn't finish the check and out comes the question of whether or not he will hit anyone. It's stupid when a ref calls a penalty for a player doing something they are always taught to do.

Of course, the refs made up for it with some questionable calls going the Blues way later. :)
That could be. I haven't watched the replay yet, so only saw it in real time. But, I thought it was interference before his arm went up.

I heard that the disallowed goal was a terrible call though. Couldn't tell from where I was sitting, but was surprised when it was disallowed.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cardsfan04 wrote:I heard that the disallowed goal was a terrible call though. Couldn't tell from where I was sitting, but was surprised when it was disallowed.
That was a terrible call, too. The Ducks player never touched Bishop nor prevented him from making the save in any way. Still glad Bishop got the shutout. Had the Ducks gotten that goal, maybe the Blues actually play the 3rd period in stead of letting the 4th line play almost half of it. Cam Janssen wound up with 11:02 :shock: in ice time, only because the game was a blowout.

FOOTE
Prospect
Prospect

Post by FOOTE »

If the Blues win tomorrow against Chicago, I think the team's overall confidence will be so high that they will really be ready to make an honest push for the playoffs. The rest of the season is going to be really fun.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

(Frank) this 1PM bullshit...
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

STLADOGG wrote:(Frank) this 1PM bullshit...
++
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:(Frank) this 1PM bullshit...
++
Yeah I'll tell you right now that I will fight the girls in the office if "SoftCock 102.5" stays on when the Blues game comes on...
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Well seeing as it's Presidents Day and the kids are off, seems the right time to have an afternoon tilt. And tell me again why we're talking about tomorrows game before tomorrow? That's as bad as having a GDT before midnight.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

glen a richter wrote:Well seeing as it's Presidents Day and the kids are off, seems the right time to have an afternoon tilt. And tell me again why we're talking about tomorrows game before tomorrow? That's as bad as having a GDT before midnight.
I'm not talking about any games... and what kids are off? I was never off for Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day, any of these other horseshit holidays....

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sseagle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Well seeing as it's Presidents Day and the kids are off, seems the right time to have an afternoon tilt. And tell me again why we're talking about tomorrows game before tomorrow? That's as bad as having a GDT before midnight.
I'm not talking about any games... and what kids are off? I was never off for Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day, any of these other horseshit holidays....
Breathe, sseagle. I guess flashchat will be a light crowd tomorrow.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

flash works at work :)

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

While you all are saying frank this 1pm bullshit, the 'Hawks didn't get done playing until around 5pm and have to play another game 20 hours later while the Blues were at home chillin. :)