Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby dmiles2186 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am

STLADOGG wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Image

lol I didn't catch that live, congrats to Bubba btw.


I did and it was as awkward as it looks. There were several moments leading up to that that were as equally awkward. :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby STLADOGG » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 am

dmiles2186 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Image

lol I didn't catch that live, congrats to Bubba btw.


I did and it was as awkward as it looks. There were several moments leading up to that that were as equally awkward. :mrgreen:

Like when Bubba said to Charl "yeah, now I look like you" lol. He is an awkward person though lol.
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby Portland Blues » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Image
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Portland Blues wrote:Image


That is awesome. Has to be a guy under there.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby goon attack » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 pm

To Wings fans, gotta go with this:

Image
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17074
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby ViPeRx007 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm

goon attack wrote:To Wings fans, gotta go with this:

Image


Hell, that's intimidating to me....

:oops:
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby Winning Unlimited » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: StL/CoMo

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby kodos » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 11893
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 am

kodos wrote:Image

:lol: :okman:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby cprice12 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm

People like to focus on Hitchcock turning this team around...but it's really because Brewer is no longer here.

- Before this year, the only season we made the playoffs when Brewer was on the roster was when he was injured in the first half of the season and then out for the rest of the year. Then without Brewer in the lineup we went on that miraculous run in the 2nd half to get in as a #6 seed.

- This year, our first full year without Brewer, we have the best defensive team in the NHL and finish 2 pts. behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

- Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year, finished with 103 pts. and the 3rd best record in the East. At the trade deadline last year we traded Brewer to Tampa Bay. This year with a full season of Brewer on the roster, Tampa Bay has a 20 pt. drop in the standings and misses the playoffs.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19582
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby fargoblues » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 pm

cprice12 wrote:People like to focus on Hitchcock turning this team around...but it's really because Brewer is no longer here.

- Before this year, the only season we made the playoffs when Brewer was on the roster was when he was injured in the first half of the season and then out for the rest of the year. Then without Brewer in the lineup we went on that miraculous run in the 2nd half to get in as a #6 seed.

- This year, our first full year without Brewer, we have the best defensive team in the NHL and finish 2 pts. behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

- Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year, finished with 103 pts. and the 3rd best record in the East. At the trade deadline last year we traded Brewer to Tampa Bay. This year with a full season of Brewer on the roster, Tampa Bay has a 20 pt. drop in the standings and misses the playoffs.


Image
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.
fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Location: In Fargo, eh?

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby Winning Unlimited » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:56 pm

fargoblues wrote:
cprice12 wrote:People like to focus on Hitchcock turning this team around...but it's really because Brewer is no longer here.

- Before this year, the only season we made the playoffs when Brewer was on the roster was when he was injured in the first half of the season and then out for the rest of the year. Then without Brewer in the lineup we went on that miraculous run in the 2nd half to get in as a #6 seed.

- This year, our first full year without Brewer, we have the best defensive team in the NHL and finish 2 pts. behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

- Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year, finished with 103 pts. and the 3rd best record in the East. At the trade deadline last year we traded Brewer to Tampa Bay. This year with a full season of Brewer on the roster, Tampa Bay has a 20 pt. drop in the standings and misses the playoffs.


Image


Image
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: StL/CoMo

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby WaukeeBlues » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

cprice12 wrote:People like to focus on Hitchcock turning this team around...but it's really because Brewer is no longer here.

- Before this year, the only season we made the playoffs when Brewer was on the roster was when he was injured in the first half of the season and then out for the rest of the year. Then without Brewer in the lineup we went on that miraculous run in the 2nd half to get in as a #6 seed.

- This year, our first full year without Brewer, we have the best defensive team in the NHL and finish 2 pts. behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

- Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year, finished with 103 pts. and the 3rd best record in the East. At the trade deadline last year we traded Brewer to Tampa Bay. This year with a full season of Brewer on the roster, Tampa Bay has a 20 pt. drop in the standings and misses the playoffs.


Causation or correlation?
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby not_a_wings_fan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
cprice12 wrote:People like to focus on Hitchcock turning this team around...but it's really because Brewer is no longer here.

- Before this year, the only season we made the playoffs when Brewer was on the roster was when he was injured in the first half of the season and then out for the rest of the year. Then without Brewer in the lineup we went on that miraculous run in the 2nd half to get in as a #6 seed.

- This year, our first full year without Brewer, we have the best defensive team in the NHL and finish 2 pts. behind the President's trophy winning Canucks.

- Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year, finished with 103 pts. and the 3rd best record in the East. At the trade deadline last year we traded Brewer to Tampa Bay. This year with a full season of Brewer on the roster, Tampa Bay has a 20 pt. drop in the standings and misses the playoffs.


Causation or correlation?

Who gives a (Frank), we are winning.
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
User avatar
not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby theohall » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 am

Image

There was a falling out. Oh, yes, there was a falling out.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby Winning Unlimited » Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

I created a drinking game for Doc Emrick.

Whenever you take a shot, scream DRIIIIIIIIVE!



Image
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: StL/CoMo

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Winning Unlimited wrote:I created a drinking game for Doc Emrick.

Whenever you take a shot, scream DRIIIIIIIIVE!


Or when you hear the phrase "He knifed it into the zone..." take a drink.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby Portland Blues » Wed May 02, 2012 10:45 pm

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:I created a drinking game for Doc Emrick.

Whenever you take a shot, scream DRIIIIIIIIVE!


Or when you hear the phrase "He knifed it into the zone..." take a drink.


Or "hoisted" or "squibbed one"... :lol:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby dmiles2186 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 am

Portland Blues wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:I created a drinking game for Doc Emrick.

Whenever you take a shot, scream DRIIIIIIIIVE!


Or when you hear the phrase "He knifed it into the zone..." take a drink.


Or "hoisted" or "squibbed one"... :lol:


Or 'skittered' or 'spirited' one.

The words he turns into verbs...
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Things that are more intimidating than Brewer

Postby dmiles2186 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:52 am

Image
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], NewarkDevil5 and 6 guests