WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Hullie » Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Oh btw, the Red Wings won 6-1 today without Lidstrom and Datsyuk.
User avatar
Hullie
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Ruutu15 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:59 pm

GaBluesFan wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:I am getting increasingly pissed off with all the bandwagon Hawks fans. I'm originally from Chicagoland and way too many of my friends now care about hockey and its annoying the hell out of me. These giggly, stupid girls who only know about Kane and Toews, and the retard guy fans who sat on their asses the last 10 years all of a sudden have been diehard Hawks fans forever. Coincidentally, they too only own either a Kane or Toews jersey. I'm reaching the boiling point here.

I f*cking hate the Red Wings but if the Hawks make it to the finals, I think I'm going to lose my sanity with the outpouring of retarded hysteria that it will generate- mostly by people who don't know wtf offsides or icing is.

:hawkssuck: :detsucks:

Is there any way they can both lose this series? :lol:


I've been a Hawks fan forever, through all the bad times. I agree...I HATE the bandwagon fans. It happens to any team once they turn the corner, though.


You should LIKE bandwagon fans because you only have them when your team is doing well. It's (Frank) retarded how many pussies complain about this shit every year. Stuff your fukin vag already and enjoy the finals. :moran:
This just in, the Hawks are (Frank) toast and just got butt (Frank) in their own building. Don't worry about those wagon fans, they will be gone soon, lol.
:hawkssuck: :hawkssuck:


Why the hostility? The Hawks made it a lot further than the Blues this season...get used to looking at our assholes from below. :okman:
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Toasted Oates » Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 pm

It's painful to admit it, but I have to: the Red Wings are so impressive. Missing two of their best players and leaders and they just steamrolled through this game. Plus, their fans have made themselves heard at the United Center. When you score on the road in the Western Finals and get that response, that has to be a helluva feeling. Goodbye Chicago Blackhawks.

As for the bandwagon jumpers, it's gonna happen. I also live in Chicago-land and they've come out of the woodwork. But a lot of these people are Bears, Cubs, and White Sox fans....they're mostly harmless. And anybody can go on eBay and buy an old Hawks jersey. I don't read too much into all the '88s' and '19s' I've seen around here. They're good players and they're the future of the team. I saw a lot of '74s' and '42s' at Scottrade this past year.
User avatar
Toasted Oates
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby WaukeeBlues » Mon May 25, 2009 1:02 am

Toasted Oates wrote:It's painful to admit it, but I have to: the Red Wings are so impressive. Missing two of their best players and leaders and they just steamrolled through this game. Plus, their fans have made themselves heard at the United Center. When you score on the road in the Western Finals and get that response, that has to be a helluva feeling. Goodbye Chicago Blackhawks.

As for the bandwagon jumpers, it's gonna happen. I also live in Chicago-land and they've come out of the woodwork. But a lot of these people are Bears, Cubs, and White Sox fans....they're mostly harmless. And anybody can go on eBay and buy an old Hawks jersey. I don't read too much into all the '88s' and '19s' I've seen around here. They're good players and they're the future of the team. I saw a lot of '74s' and '42s' at Scottrade this past year.


Agreed on all counts- most unfortunately the first one.

The Red Wings disgust me. Pound for pound, it is simply impossible to out-skill that team. The only semblence of a chance that a team has against them is to combine beating their asses with skill. The Ducks, IMO, were the only team in the NHL that had that mix in all the best ways that coulda beat them in a 7 game series. Maybe the Bruins, but we'll never know. It pains me. Makes them easier to hate though.

As for the bandwagoners, I think the reason it bugs me a lot more now than in other teams and seasons is that the Hawks were bad for a LONG time and the turnaround was basically 2 seasons- incredibly fast. Most teams don't have a period of more than a decade where they can't make noise, and then turn it around in literally 2 years. The Hawks did and magically everyone cares. If it wasn't so sudden and there wasn't such a gap from the last time they were good, it wouldn't bother me as much (as with the Blues right now) but its just BAD. It's way worse than a bandwagon in Chicago- it deserves a name that doesn't exist.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Getzkee » Mon May 25, 2009 2:20 am

Who gives a rats ass about bandwagon fans, seriously. This has got to be the lamest internet forum BS of all time.
Do you guys live on islands or something and wish there was a population of 5?
User avatar
Getzkee
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:56 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Jackman_the_Iceman » Mon May 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Getzkee wrote:Who gives a rats ass about bandwagon fans, seriously. This has got to be the lamest internet forum BS of all time.
Do you guys live on islands or something and wish there was a population of 5?

Like you have room to talk. This years playoffs showed that Vancouver fans are very very sore losers.
Image
User avatar
Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby GaBluesFan » Mon May 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Ruutu15 wrote:Why the hostility? The Hawks made it a lot further than the Blues this season...get used to looking at our assholes from below. :okman:

Probably has something to do with Trolls who should be on another teams forum?!?! Comments like the one you just made pretty much sum up the "hostility". Or are you just that fukin stupid? lol. Group that with retarded comments about bandwagon fans, yeah...
:|

:hawkssuck:
REPRESENTING REAL HOCKEY DOWN SOUTH!
User avatar
GaBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: St. Simons Island

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Ruutu15 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:42 pm

GaBluesFan wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Why the hostility? The Hawks made it a lot further than the Blues this season...get used to looking at our assholes from below. :okman:

Probably has something to do with Trolls who should be on another teams forum?!?! Comments like the one you just made pretty much sum up the "hostility". Or are you just that fukin stupid? lol. Group that with retarded comments about bandwagon fans, yeah...
:|

:hawkssuck:


Yeah, you're right...I've been trolling here for over 5 years. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby GaBluesFan » Mon May 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Hey I had to try something. Lighten up fuqs, I'm just joking.
No hard feelings. But...

:hawkssuck: :mrgreen:
REPRESENTING REAL HOCKEY DOWN SOUTH!
User avatar
GaBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: St. Simons Island

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Ruutu15 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 pm

GaBluesFan wrote:
:hawkssuck: :mrgreen:


Hard to argue after seeing this series. :evil: :cry:
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Getzkee wrote:Who gives a rats ass about bandwagon fans, seriously. This has got to be the lamest internet forum BS of all time.
Do you guys live on islands or something and wish there was a population of 5?


Here, here. :okman:

Let's face it, hockey needs all the fans it can get. Anyone who loves the sport as much as we all claim to should just be happy that we have all these new fans and not piss and moan about why they became fans.

I also wholeheartedly with GaBluesFan (did I REALLY just say that?????? :aaaa: ) that getting upset when your team starts picking up wagon jumpers is kind of dumb. Everybody loves a winner. If people are jumping on your team's bandwagon, that means they're winning. Who doesn't want their team to win?

The Wings bandwagon is pretty well filled up at this point, but from 1997-02, we were picking them up right right and left. It never really bothered me though, bc more fans are a good thing both for my team and the league as a whole.

One of the worst thing about the hockey culture is how we tend to treat new fans and people that are trying to learn the game. A lot of hockey fans treat people like they're stupid if they don't know everything about the game right off the bat. I've come across more than a few people who were so turned off by this that they stopped following the sport. How exactly does that benefit our sport and our league? It's a pretty retarded attitude to take anyway, because none of us were born with this knowledge; we all started out as "newbie fans," just like them.
Last edited by WestCoastWingsFan on Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Toasted Oates » Tue May 26, 2009 5:23 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:Let's face it, hockey needs all the fans it can get. Anyone who loves the sport as much as we all claim to should just be happy that we have all these new fans and not piss and moan about why they became fans.

I also wholeheartedly with GaBluesFan (did I REALLY just say that?????? :aaaa: ) that getting upset when your team starts picking up wagon jumpers is kind of dumb. Everybody loves a winner. If people are jumping on your team's bandwagon, that means they're winning. Who doesn't want their team to win?

The Wings bandwagon is pretty well filled up at this point, but from 1997-02, we were picking them up right right and left. It never really bothered me though, bc more fans are a good thing both for my team and the league as a whole.

One of the worst thing about the hockey culture is how we tend to treat new fans and people that are trying to learn the game. A lot of hockey fans treat people like they're stupid if they don't know everything about the game right off the bat. I've come across more than a few people who were so turned off by that that they stopped following the sport. How exactly does that benefit our sport and our league? It's a pretty retarded attitude to take anyway, because none of us were born with this knowledge; we all started out as "newbie fans," just like them.

I think this is a good, sober, unbiased post. I mentioned above that I think the Chicago "bandwagoners" are harmless. You mentioned people that look down on new fans, but some new fans latch on for the playoffs and don't care until the team wins again. I know people that have the money so they buy a couple jerseys, some playoff tickets and go because it's a good social event downtown. Then when it's over they'll put it all away until they hit the playoffs again.

Some stick with it, some don't, but I don't think anybody is suggesting ALL new fans are bandwagon fans. I think bandwagon fans are ones that jump on when things are good and couldn't care less what happens unless they make a serious playoff run. Just getting my definition for them ironed out. Again, I really think they're harmless and big picture (as you mentioned) they buy merchandise and tickets and financially it's good for the team and league. If somebody doesn't even know the rules or anything else about the game and dogs your team about bowing out early....those folks should be easy to deal with.
User avatar
Toasted Oates
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Toasted Oates wrote:I think this is a good, sober, unbiased post. I mentioned above that I think the Chicago "bandwagoners" are harmless. You mentioned people that look down on new fans, but some new fans latch on for the playoffs and don't care until the team wins again. I know people that have the money so they buy a couple jerseys, some playoff tickets and go because it's a good social event downtown. Then when it's over they'll put it all away until they hit the playoffs again.

Some stick with it, some don't, but I don't think anybody is suggesting ALL new fans are bandwagon fans. I think bandwagon fans are ones that jump on when things are good and couldn't care less what happens unless they make a serious playoff run. Just getting my definition for them ironed out. Again, I really think they're harmless and big picture (as you mentioned) they buy merchandise and tickets and financially it's good for the team and league. If somebody doesn't even know the rules or anything else about the game and dogs your team about bowing out early....those folks should be easy to deal with.


I wasn't implying that all new fans are bandwagon fans. I just added that part as an addendum because many die hard hockey fans have a tendency to get really snooty with people that are just starting to follow the sport, and I have a serious problem with that. I think it's very important we that we embrace our new fans and make them feel welcome, rather than push them away.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby GaBluesFan » Tue May 26, 2009 6:59 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Getzkee wrote:Who gives a rats ass about bandwagon fans, seriously. I also wholeheartedly with GaBluesFan (did I REALLY just say that?????? :aaaa: ) that getting upset when your team starts picking up wagon jumpers is kind of dumb. Everybody loves a winner. If people are jumping on your team's bandwagon, that means they're winning. Who doesn't want their team to win?


:aaaa: :mrgreen:
REPRESENTING REAL HOCKEY DOWN SOUTH!
User avatar
GaBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: St. Simons Island

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed May 27, 2009 10:29 am

It just occurred to me the playoffs are running really late this year. Game 7 of this series is scheduled for June 1st. That means a 7-game finals series would end nearly at the entry draft. I remember in past years the finals being over at or near the end of May unless it was an olympic year. Mid June is way too late to be playing hockey still.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed May 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:It just occurred to me the playoffs are running really late this year. Game 7 of this series is scheduled for June 1st. That means a 7-game finals series would end nearly at the entry draft. I remember in past years the finals being over at or near the end of May unless it was an olympic year. Mid June is way too late to be playing hockey still.


The NHL needs to address this. Every year they try and do some elaborate thing to improve TV ratings for the Cup Finals. How about let's not have them in f*cking JUNE?! That's a crazy thought, I know.

No, bump everything back a month. Have the season start first weekend of September after or before Labor Day, season over by the first few weeks in March. Also wouldn't have to battle the NBA for its TV sharing time of its playoff run as much. Seems retardedly simple to me.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Hullie » Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 pm

I love this team.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Ericsson, Draper, Lilja.

Chelios almost scores the game winner. Ozzie is huge with 30 saves and has had a superb playoffs after an abysmal regular season.
User avatar
Hullie
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Ruutu15 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Hullie wrote:I love this team.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Ericsson, Draper, Lilja.

Chelios almost scores the game winner. Ozzie is huge with 30 saves and has had a superb playoffs after an abysmal regular season.


Chelios, the traitor, can go kill himself.

Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby gaijin » Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Ruutu15 wrote:
Hullie wrote:I love this team.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Ericsson, Draper, Lilja.

Chelios almost scores the game winner. Ozzie is huge with 30 saves and has had a superb playoffs after an abysmal regular season.


Chelios, the traitor, can go kill himself.


That's about the only way he'll go. Old age won't do it.
Image
User avatar
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Location: An undisclosed location in SW Asia

Re: WESTERN FINALS: SATAN VS. SLIGHTLY LESS BAD SATAN

Postby Toasted Oates » Wed May 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Isn't that Mike North interviewing him in that video? Talk about the best of both worlds :shock: .
User avatar
Toasted Oates
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cardsfan04 and 5 guests