SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Re: SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Post by JPonder94 »

kodos wrote:My arms sure are tired because I just flew here.

I don't like my wife, you should take her...

A horse with a long face walks into a bar and the bartender says, why the long face?
What do you call a mushroom that buys everyone a drink at the bar? A fungi.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

A duck walks into a bar and orders a drink and tells the bartender to put it on his bill.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

kodos wrote:The joke goes like this...

Person A: says something insensitive about the holocaust
Person B: Dude, that's not funny. My grandfather died in a concentration camp...
Person A: Oh, sorry, I had no idea...
Person B: Yeah, he fell right out of a guard tower...

My uncle was in a concentration camp and fell out of a guard tower isn't even funny. It doesn't even make sense because you left out the word killed.

Who originally told you the joke anyway? A Wings fan?
Some Polak.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Saying Wings fans aren't numb to winning the cup is like saying that David Carradine wasn't numb to tradition masturbation.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

kodos wrote:Saying Wings fans aren't numb to winning the cup is like saying that David Carradine wasn't numb to tradition masturbation.
:|
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Hullie
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Hullie »

wow... this thread has really taken a left turn... :lol:

Game 7 tonight bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I won't be able to watch this until Sunday. Ugh.

The good news though is that I'll be in the middle of no where and cut off from media, so no one will be able to spoil the outcome.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

Hullie wrote:wow... this thread has really taken a left turn... :lol:
They always do. I'm waiting for the customary Gabluesfan or STL JA infusion. :lol:

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

kodos wrote:I won't be able to watch this until Sunday. Ugh.

The good news though is that I'll be in the middle of no where and cut off from media, so no one will be able to spoil the outcome.
I'm assuming if this were the Blues, you'd be watching. That's one of the big things on the radio the last couple of days. I guess Dane Cook is in town tonight and there have been a few callers saying they've got tickets and are going to have to miss the game. Several other callers are going to be in Pittsburgh tonight for the Tigers/Pirates game.

Unless it was a funeral for one of my family members, I wouldn't miss this game for anything, especially Dane Cook.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
Hullie wrote:wow... this thread has really taken a left turn... :lol:
They always do. I'm waiting for the customary Gabluesfan or STL JA infusion. :lol:
I'm not enough to get you excited anymore? :(

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Steve Levy Sucks wrote:

I'm assuming if this were the Blues, you'd be watching. That's one of the big things on the radio the last couple of days. I guess Dane Cook is in town tonight and there have been a few callers saying they've got tickets and are going to have to miss the game. Several other callers are going to be in Pittsburgh tonight for the Tigers/Pirates game.

Unless it was a funeral for one of my family members, I wouldn't miss this game for anything, especially Dane Cook.
If it was the Blues in a game 7 I would be locked in a sensory deprivation chamber mediating until game time. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

A game 7 between two teams I don't really like? I'll watch it, but it's not the end of the world if I miss it.

Those guys going to Dane Cook rather then the game... would you say they might be... numb perhaps? Numb to the Wings success? If this was their first cup appearance in 40 years do you think those same people would be choosing Dane Cook?

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Could be a festival of the Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd... And I wouldn't miss game 2 of the WCF for it.. Numb is almost an understatement..

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

kodos wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:

If it was the Blues in a game 7 I would be locked in a sensory deprivation chamber mediating until game time. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

A game 7 between two teams I don't really like? I'll watch it, but it's not the end of the world if I miss it.

Those guys going to Dane Cook rather then the game... would you say they might be... numb perhaps? Numb to the Wings success? If this was their first cup appearance in 40 years do you think those same people would be choosing Dane Cook?
No, I would say those guys are either A) gay, B) Fairweather fans or C) pussy-whipped and are going not only because its with their girlfriends but because the tickets cost $250. It has nothing to do with being "numb".

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Could be a festival of the Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd... And I wouldn't miss game 2 of the WCF for it.. Numb is almost an understatement..
Exactly.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

CBC pre-game for game 6

[youtube][/youtube]

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

There's not enough (franking) hatred in this gay thread.

Surprise, surprise...

Shitty Little Shithead and his down syndrome, inbred sidekick Hullie are here! Why didn't you two goons off yourselves yet? I guess you're just waiting until after you lose tonight. That'll suffice. Don't disappoint us. Do the world a favor.

Eat crap. :lol:

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

Seriously. (Frank) the Wings. (Frank) their fans. (Frank) every single person who has ever been to Detroit and left it not wanting to blowtorch that flaming hellhole off the face of the earth and rewrite the history books so there is no evidence it ever (Franking) existed.

DIe in a fire, Wings. Tonight after your fans set your town ablaze after blowing Game 7, preferably.
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

poor poor detroit...
Behind the Scenes: Detroit could use a Cup of cheer

(CNN) -- It's been another rough week for the Motor City, in a year filled with them.

There was more fallout from the auto industry's meltdown with Chrysler re-organizing, dealerships closing, more news of another GM plant closing down, and Wayne County officials announcing another 500 county jobs need to be cut due to the economy.

There was a funeral held for a 5-year-old girl who had been missing for weeks before being found dead in a river south of the city. And old Tiger Stadium, a symbol of better times, had its fate finally decided as a judge ruled the entire stadium should be razed. The current half-bulldozed stadium was becoming an image of the city's hard times and its inability to move on to the future.

And the beloved hockey team missed an opportunity to clinch its championship, losing Game 6 in Pittsburgh and bringing on Game 7 Friday at Joe Louis Arena.

"We're not the only city suffering, we know that. But this one, this year, would really be special to us," Megan Dieringer, manager of Cheli's Chili Bar, says about the prospect of the Detroit Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup in Game 7 Friday night. Her bar is across the street from the Detroit Tigers' Comerica Park and owned by Detroit Red Wing Chris Chelios.

Yes, my hometown has been spoiled by hockey success, winning the Stanley Cup four times in the past 11 years, but is there any city more deserving, especially now? The city of Detroit's unemployment rate is around 23 percent, with a ripple effect across the state with the highest unemployment rate in the country near 13 percent.

Folks there realize, another hockey championship doesn't bring back jobs, but "it helps people let their hair down a bit even if it's only for a short while," Dieringer says. "But it's those moments that can help get you through some of the tough times."

Her bar is preparing for standing-room-only crowds on its three indoor floors, and they are putting up a tent to handle the overflow crowd outdoors.

Even with a central location in downtown Detroit, across the street from Comerica Park, Cheli's bar needs a game like this, too, to help fill the seats and cash registers.

"On non-event days, you might as well not even open the doors. The 'off' days are really off for us," she says.

They are feeling the pain across the street, too. The Tigers are currently in first place, which usually guarantees big home game crowds, but not this year so far. The Detroit Free Press reported this week that the Tigers, despite leading their division since early May, are averaging 10,086 fewer fans than last season, the biggest drop in the American League.

Detroiters are familiar with overcoming obstacles, and for some, there will still be a few to overcome on Game 7 night. Friday is when the once-delayed transition to digital television occurs, and the local NBC station that will broadcast Friday's game will no longer transmit an analog signal after 9 a.m. Those without the conversion will have to scramble to find the game (psst -- Detroiters, try to tune into the Canadians' local Windsor television station, which is Channel 9, locally, for the CBC telecast of the game).

There wasn't much love from NBC on another matter. The network wouldn't allow Joe Louis Arena to host an outdoor audience to watch Game 7 on a big screen TV, fearing it would hurt their local ratings (even though this was allowed in Pittsburgh, outside their arena, but those games were broadcast by Versus, the NHL's cable TV partner).

But come game time, Detroiters will forget all that, and come together and focus on their team bringing home Lord Stanley's Cup again, already winners of 11 Cups overall, the most of any U.S.-based team. This city wants a parade next week, and not one for runner-ups.

"Last year, Chris (Chelios) brought the Cup here, and the fans got to touch it, drink from it, for a week. With the economy and all, and this maybe his last year as a Red Wing, we're pulling for the Wings like never before, we all need a boost," says Cheli's bar manager Dieringer.

But one memo to my hometown. If the Wings are winning late in the game, the Joe Louis Arena crowd will sing along to the '70s rock band Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," and everyone will chime in during this part: "... born and raised in South Detroit." The only problem with that is, south of Detroit is Windsor, Canada.

But Wing fans will still sing it as if it all makes sense. And if Detroit wins, the city and the state will happily chime in, not caring where South Detroit is, but happy that the Stanley Cup stayed in "Hockeytown," a good distraction for all else going on there.
linky...

maybe there will be a riot... that would be good for the town... :detsucks:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Gonna find a place, have a few beers and watch game 7 here in Sarasota, FL.

F'ING GO PENS!!!
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

STL JA wrote:There's not enough (franking) hatred in this gay thread.

Surprise, surprise...

Shitty Little Shithead and his down syndrome, inbred sidekick Hullie are here! Why didn't you two goons off yourselves yet? I guess you're just waiting until after you lose tonight. That'll suffice. Don't disappoint us. Do the world a favor.

Eat crap. :lol:
There's our girl - knew it wouldn't be long. :lol: