SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: SCT: Nothing But Crosby's vs Ghey Things. (Finals Thread)

Post by glen a richter »

I would say Crosby and Malkin have been great for the sport. Where would hockey in Pittsburgh be right now without those kids? Oh yeah, pissing away in some other town drawing shitty crowds of mainly disinterested "fans".

Just because Crosby has a rep as a whiner doesn't mean his presence in the league is bad for the sport or that his winning a Stanley Cup would be bad for the sport. Having a marketable talent that's recognized cross continent is NEVER bad for the sport.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Yeah seriously. You're starting to sound like a crazy person. It would be better for the NHL for Pittsburgh to win.

What's Detroit winning another cup going to mean to anyone. Even people in Detroit have to be numb to it by now.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

kodos wrote:Yeah seriously. You're starting to sound like a crazy person. It would be better for the NHL for Pittsburgh to win.

What's Detroit winning another cup going to mean to anyone. Even people in Detroit have to be numb to it by now.
The fact that people will be home typing on the internet when it happens is proof it means nothing to them. If the Blues won the cup this board would be vacant.. Everyone would be out tipping over cars and doing blow off stripper's asses. $20 says if the Wings win there will be multiple Wings fans posting here after the game.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:I would say Crosby and Malkin have been great for the sport. Where would hockey in Pittsburgh be right now without those kids? Oh yeah, pissing away in some other town drawing shitty crowds of mainly disinterested "fans".

Just because Crosby has a rep as a whiner doesn't mean his presence in the league is bad for the sport or that his winning a Stanley Cup would be bad for the sport. Having a marketable talent that's recognized cross continent is NEVER bad for the sport.
This.

Plus, the other guy who's arguably becoming more popular than Crosby, Mr. Alex Ovechkin IS someone that is nothing BUT good for the sport and his style of play and how he carries himself IS more of what kids should be taking after. In other words- its not like every fan on the planet is watching ONLY Crosby play and expecting other players to be like him.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

kodos wrote:Yeah seriously. You're starting to sound like a crazy person. It would be better for the NHL for Pittsburgh to win.

I disagree with you. You never get numb to it. Imgaine the anxiety you had during the Blues playoffs this season, and add another 19 games on top of that. They win the cup you're just as happy if not more than the last one. You lose the cup you're more disappointed than anything. You just never get numb to it in my opinion.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Don't tell to imagine "how I feel" It's condescending and douchey.

I'm not saying it's not still very exciting... but winning the cup for the 5th time in the last 13 years or whatever has to make it less special. It just does. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Also, think about this... I've been a die hard fan of this team for over 20 years... and in all that time, the absolute best thing I've seen my team accomplish is losing in 5 games in the Western Conference finals. Imagine that. Wrap your head around that and tell me what's more or less special.

You're numb to it. You don't even realize it but you are.

Get back to me when your team sucks for 40 years in a row. If you have been a Wings fan since the early 80s you might understand, otherwise save it for someone who cares.
Last edited by kodos on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

kodos wrote:Don't tell to imagine "how I feel" It's condescending and douchey.

I'm not saying it's not still very exciting... but winning the cup for the 5th time in the last 13 years or whatever has to make it less special. It just does. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Also, think about this... I've been a die hard fan of this team for over 20 years... and in all that time, the absolute best thing I've seen my team accomplish is losing in 5 games in the Western Conference finals. Imagine that. Wrap your head around that and tell me what's more or less special.

You're numb to it. You don't even realize it but you are.

Get back to me when your team sucks for 40 years in a row. If you have been a Wings fan since the early 80s you might understand, otherwise save it for someone who cares.
Don't tell me to "imagine that" - it's condescending and douchey.

Get back to me in 40 years after the Blues have won some cups and tell me you're numb to it.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

No one likes you either.

How long have you been a Wings fan?

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

kodos wrote:No one likes you either.

How long have you been a Wings fan?

:lol:

For the 1000th time, since 1992. So no, I didn't suffer through the bad years, the only thing I've known is winning. Still doesn't make me numb to it.

Let me guess, you've been a Blues fan since 1967. You've ragged on your team all season long, the total pessimist. If anything, you're numb to the Blues losing. Based on reading your bullshit this past season, I think I'm a bigger Blues fan than you.

Quit your whining. Quit your bitching. Your team will get there, and when they do, you will never get numb to it, no matter what you may think.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I've been a fan since about 88 or so. The Brett Hull era.

And trust me, this team will never get there. It's never going to happen.

You just have no idea. Neither one of us can understand the others position because they are completely and total opposites.

Your team has known nothing but complete and total success and my team has known nothing but complete and total failure. That's all either of us has ever known.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

(Frank) the Red Wings?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

You know what, bite me. Seriously.

Your favorite team won a cup in the first year you were watching them and you have the gall to claim that Detroit winning their 5th cup in 13 years is going to be just as big of a deal to your team as it would be somewhere else?

It's a completely ridiculous concept.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

kodos wrote:You know what, bite me. Seriously.

Your favorite team won a cup in the first year you were watching them and you have the gall to claim that Detroit winning their 5th cup in 13 years is going to be just as big of a deal to your team as it would be somewhere else?

It's a completely ridiculous concept.
Actually, the first year I started watching them (92) the wings got swept by Chicago in the Norris Division finals.

My second season watching them they lost to Toronto, 4-3, in the Western Conference quarterfinals.

My third season watching them they lost to San Jose, 4-3, in the Western Conference quarterfinals.

My fourth season watching them they got swept by the Devils in the Cup finals.

And the next season they lost to Colorado in the Conference finals.

Additionally, I've seen them lost to Colorado two other seasons in the playoffs. I've seen them lose in the first round LA, Anahiem and Edomonton.

So I've seen my team get beat a lot. What was painful about those losses is most of them were by teams they should have beat. So trust me when I say I understand pain about your team losing.

You said yourself we can't make each other see the others perspective, so why keep carrying on the conversation. All I can tell you is that if the Wings win the cup tomorrow, it will mean just as much as last years, if not more due to the adversity they went through to get it this year. I'm not numb to winning the cup, I don't give a shit if they would have won it 13 times in the last 13 years.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

All those years of your widdle team get beat by big mean teams they should have beat? How sad. I pity you, I really do. How do you even go on?

You know who else couldn't understand the others perspectives? Nazis and Jews.

You sound like a Nazi complaining about the food he gets while guarding a concentration camp.

Is the smell of rotting corpses making it hard for you to enjoy your Sauerkraut? Are your rolls a little dry? Call the care police and see if they care. I don't.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

My uncle was in a concentration camp.. Dumb bastard fell right out of the guard tower...

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:My uncle was in a concentration camp.. Dumb bastard fell right out of the guard tower...
At least get the joke right. Jesus...

What is this, the amateur hour?

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

kodos wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:My uncle was in a concentration camp.. Dumb bastard fell right out of the guard tower...

That's how the joke was told to me.. And it works fine... You can't understand my time of being told that joke so don't try to. Maybe you're numb to the way you were told the joke.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
kodos wrote:

That's how the joke was told to me.. And it works fine... You can't understand my time of being told that joke so don't try to. Maybe you're numb to the way you were told the joke.
:lol:

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

The joke goes like this...

Person A: says something insensitive about the holocaust
Person B: Dude, that's not funny. My grandfather died in a concentration camp...
Person A: Oh, sorry, I had no idea...
Person B: Yeah, he fell right out of a guard tower...

My uncle was in a concentration camp and fell out of a guard tower isn't even funny. It doesn't even make sense because you left out the word killed.

Who originally told you the joke anyway? A Wings fan?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

My arms sure are tired because I just flew here.

I don't like my wife, you should take her...

A horse with a long face walks into a bar and the bartender says, why the long face?