hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: hannu toivonen signs with blues?

Post by Sweetred95ta »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.
I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.
I love hockey. Period.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.
I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.
When was this?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:When was this?
You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.
I love hockey. Period.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:When was this?
You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.
I don't think either has done much to be put above the other. You could make an argument for either being higher on the depth chart (and possibly moreso for Holt even). Being as I've only seen both of them a handful of times, I'll defer to the brass' judgment on this one being as they've watched both more and have more expertise than both of us put together. I would like to see Bishop succeed since he is the hometown guy, but I don't see either as the next Patrick Roy or anything.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Who is throwin' the party? Ears is back!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

what a kick in the teeth for Holt. Could of used this money to sign Whitfield or a couple of key veterans to start putting bodies in the seats and mentor the youth. The Goalie merry go round continues....

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Leedog wrote:Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?

This. Especially, when it comes to goalies in this organization.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.