Federko out! Pang In!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Federko out! Pang In!

Post by theohall »

xbleed83bluex wrote:Nice insults at all, but no examples were given as to why Bernie is a bad commentator. I've never noticed anything! I've been watching Blues games since Bernie's first year, and not once did he stick out to me as totally sucking. This thread is a surprise to me. What did Bernie do that good commentators don't? How exactly did he suck?
On Bernie:
1) Blues could do no wrong - even when it was obvious they'd done something wrong.
2) Unintentional sexual inuendos which he wouldn't let go even when Kelly was trying to make them go away/ignore them.
3) "I don't know" when situations were things a former player should know.
4) Rambling about nonsense completely un-related to the game in the midst of strong pressure around the net - from either team.
5) A penalty gets called - the game goes to break - neither he nor Kelly seem to think it's important to let us know what the heck was called and would rather talk about some other Bernie nonsense.

Do I have to keep going?

Federko has only been a color guy for the Blues because he is a former Blue. It certainly has nothing to do with talent as a broadcaster.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Bernie Federko
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
Location: Outside Curt's window, checking out his cabinets and flooring.

Post by Bernie Federko »

STL JA wrote:Panger! Panger! Panger!

Get ready for it. You're going to want to vomit after 3 games.
Amen to that. You like to party? You should come hang with Jimmy Campbell and me sometime. He throws awesome parties.
BUY SOME GODDAMN CABINETS!

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Bernie Federko wrote:

Amen to that. You like to party? You should come hang with Jimmy Campbell and me sometime. He throws awesome parties.
Is Bob Plager coming? Count me in if that's the case.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Here is another one...

Why the F does Bernie feel the need to yell into the microphone? Everyone talks at the same level, except Bernie. Even when he's sharing his mic with someone, they sound normal talking, while Bernie seems like he's yelling. It's very annoying because one can't set a volume level where one can hear the other stuff without going deaf due to Bernie being an idiot.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

Bernie Federko wrote:

Blow and hookers on the east side? Count me in.

Bernie Federko
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bernie Federko »

Sweet.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Bernie, why do you ask the same question rephrased multiple different times before letting the interviewee answer a question that has been rephrased several times?

Bernie Federko
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Bernie Federko »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:Bernie, why do you ask the same question rephrased multiple different times before letting the interviewee answer a question that has been rephrased several times?
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

John Kelly
Prospect
Prospect

Post by John Kelly »

OH THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You have no idea how much worse it is in the booth with Bernie. When you guys go to break, I get more Bernie, shouting poor color commentary that has not once had anything to do with an offensive or defensive strategy in my ear. Ever wonder why my eyes are bugged out so much? Look no further than the asshead sitting next to me. In the hundreds of penalty calls made in a year you'd think he would have more to say than "Unbelievable, what a terrible call" or "Yep. Yep. That was a hook. See right there? That's a hook." It seems that any opportunities for absorbing hockey knowledge in his great seasons of play in St. Louis were thwarted by his majestic mullet. Good riddance. Now if they'd just cut me loose and play the games without commentary we'd have something going...

Seriously though, wouldn't it be nice to just have mics near the ice for the sounds of the game and leave the dingleberries upstairs out of it?

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

John Kelly wrote:Seriously though, wouldn't it be nice to just have mics near the ice for the sounds of the game and leave the dingleberries upstairs out of it?
What an idea! Unfortunately, the dingleberries will probably take it to the next level and show the entire game from ice level cameras. Heck, the Kings did it this past season.