GDT: Blues @ Red Wings -- Season Opener -- 2pm -- VS

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues @ Red Wings -- Season Opener -- 2pm -- VS

Post by abc789987 »

so they went to the trouble to bring the boards in to make the rink NHL size, but why couldn't they make the glass around the rink like a NHL rink? It almost cost us when TJ got a delay of game penalty.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

abc789987 wrote:so they went to the trouble to bring the boards in to make the rink NHL size, but why couldn't they make the glass around the rink like a NHL rink? It almost cost us when TJ got a delay of game penalty.
Did they had no notice what so ever that there was going to be a NHL game being played there?
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

This game was franking great! That should set the tone for the season and send a message to the league that this team is going to stick with you and pound you mercilessly game in and game out. Keep up the fire all season and it should be a damn good one.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Well at least Detroit is where they belong...on the bottom, while St. Louis is on top of them.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

philco_3 wrote:Well at least Detroit is where they belong...on the bottom, while St. Louis is on top of them.
and lets not look back. win tomorrow and keep it going! this is our year. oh god, i feel like the cubs...

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ohio BLUES wrote:Anyone else hearing computer noises on the Versus broadcast? Every 10 minutes or so you can hear the sound of a mouse clicking, like on a PC Windows machine.
I heard it too, thought it was my wife's computer, but it was in sleep mode so I had no idea what was going on other than maybe I was hearing things and going crazy.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

It's really hard to enjoy this win considering the game was played in another country during the day and I wasn't able to watch it. Is everyone seeing now why I wasn't on board with these Sweden games? It sucks for fans. And it sucks even more for the Blues because a game in Sweden IS a home game for Detroit, so we lost a home game.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

glen a richter wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:Anyone else hearing computer noises on the Versus broadcast? Every 10 minutes or so you can hear the sound of a mouse clicking, like on a PC Windows machine.
I heard it too, thought it was my wife's computer, but it was in sleep mode so I had no idea what was going on other than maybe I was hearing things and going crazy.
i didn't hear anything. were you guys watching on tv or a feed online?

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

OS wrote:It's really hard to enjoy this win considering the game was played in another country during the day and I wasn't able to watch it. Is everyone seeing now why I wasn't on board with these Sweden games? It sucks for fans. And it sucks even more for the Blues because a game in Sweden IS a home game for Detroit, so we lost a home game.
I agree cold heartily. The Blues or the Blackhawks game weren't even the NHL opener...wtf...why even have us go over there unless we start the season for the NHL? Its truly a smack in our faces.

badlieut
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by badlieut »

glen a richter wrote:
I think its whenever Vs does something w/ their score at the top. They make that computer sound and then you take notice.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

OS wrote:It's really hard to enjoy this win considering the game was played in another country during the day and I wasn't able to watch it. Is everyone seeing now why I wasn't on board with these Sweden games? It sucks for fans. And it sucks even more for the Blues because a game in Sweden IS a home game for Detroit, so we lost a home game.
If it means beating Detroit, we could play in the middle of the Sahara Desert for all I care........

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I was watching on TV. Heard the mouse clicking a few times.

And I'm on board with BF44 110%. I don't give a rats ass if they played the game on the moon. Any game we beat Detoilet is a great game no matter where or when or who gets to watch how much of it.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

BF44 wrote:
If it means beating Detroit, we could play in the middle of the Sahara Desert for all I care........
This x 11ty billion. What a good (Franking) game.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The only bad part is that this is the last game I'll be able to watch til the next Versus feed which is I don't even know how long from now.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

[quote="OS"]It's really hard to enjoy this win considering the game was played in another country during the day and I wasn't able to watch it. Is everyone seeing now why I wasn't on board with these Sweden games? It sucks for fans. And it sucks even more for the Blues because a game in Sweden IS a home game for Detroit, so we lost a home game.[/quote]

Well... technically we just WON road game. :wink:
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

My sentiments exactly. Which is why I wrote about that very thing on the LGB home page last week. Starting the season in Sweden is stupid for numerous reasons.

I got to watch the game however. I took off work at noon and found a small hole-in-the-wall sports bar that had Versus and I watched it with a few buddies of mine. Anyone ever been to "The Hut" in O'Fallon? Great cheeseburgers, cheap blue moon and a Blues win over the Wings made for a great afternoon. :letsgoblues:

Sorry you missed it. But trust me...it was a great game. Coming back from being down 3-1 against Detroit in what is really a home game for them, the crowd was heavily in favor of Detroit, was great.

A few thoughts...
- McCreary was to blame for the Draper's goal. He interfered with Polak, and actually grabbed him a bit when Draper was trying to beat him wide and cut to the net...it was bullshit. That little holdup on Polak allowed Draper to cut to the net where Ericsson eventually put the rebound into an open net.

- The 2nd goal for Detroit was a shorthanded breakaway after the puck wasn't held in at the point. Bad goal to give up to Maltby. Good shot on his part. God I can't stand that prick.

- Leino scored on a bad change very late in the double minor to Steen. It looked like a good high shot.

- Mason committed highway robbery on Cleary in front of the net. Great glove save.

- When Detroit was up 3-1 they were really taking it to the Blues at the time...and then the Blues got a power play goal from Kariya that completely changed the game. After that, the Blues took the play to the Wings the rest of the period and netted two more in the process. Real nice finish to the period.

- Both of Kariya's goals were nice hard wrist shots that zipped by Osgood just inside the post, blocker side. Crombeen's goal was a "right place at the right time" kind of goal. He got rewarded for going to the net and a rebound came right out to him and he deflected it back into the net. Osgood did a poor job of controlling the rebound and put it right into the slot.

The reffing in this game was horrible.
- Oshie was called for delay of game because he cleared the puck over the bench and into the crowd because they didn't have glass installed behind the benches. WTF? Why is that? That shouldn't have been a penalty. Murray argued but it didn't matter.

- Oshie may have gotten away with interference behind the net on the first goal of the game. Hard to say...he wasn't moving his feet, but he knew what he was doing. Iffy non-call.

- I think it was Lidstrom who high sticked Crombeen after he scored...no call. He got a blade in the face and went down...but they didn't call it.

- And of course, there was the play where McCreary allowed the Wings to score their first goal, as I described above.

But hey...we won!! :letsgoblues: :detsucks:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

cprice12 wrote: - McCreary was to blame for the Draper's goal. He interfered with Polak, and actually grabbed him a bit when Draper was trying to beat him wide and cut to the net...it was bullshit. That little holdup on Polak allowed Draper to cut to the net where Ericsson eventually put the rebound into an open net.
Yup he should have gotten two for interference. Once again proof that the referees always trying to screw over the guys in Blue.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:
yes. wtf was all that?
good win!
Good I'm glad other people heard that. I thought I was having a stroke.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

badlieut wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
I think its whenever Vs does something w/ their score at the top. They make that computer sound and then you take notice.
Well, I'm glad I'm not totally insane. I heard the sound on the Versus games last night too.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

ohio BLUES wrote:
badlieut wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Well, I'm glad I'm not totally insane. I heard the sound on the Versus games last night too.
Well, you're still insane though.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.