GDT. Blues vs Redwings. 2pm Fox Sports HD

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT. Blues vs Redwings. 2pm Fox Sports HD

Post by DaDitka »

ProngerBlues44 wrote: Having said that, was anyone else happy to hear someone else call the Blues that wasn't John Kelly? I would take someone rooting for Detroit everyday of the week over Kelly!
:plusplus: and then some.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Tkachuk named NHL.com 3rd Star of the Week.
Tkachuk notched three points (two goals, one assist) and earned First Star honors in a 5-3 win Oct. 3. He led all players in the game with seven hits, recorded five shots and won nine of 16 face-offs.
Ovechkin was first and the Avs goaltender (73 of 74 saves in two games) was 2nd.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

theohall wrote:Tkachuk named NHL.com 3rd Star of the Week.
Tkachuk notched three points (two goals, one assist) and earned First Star honors in a 5-3 win Oct. 3. He led all players in the game with seven hits, recorded five shots and won nine of 16 face-offs.
Ovechkin was first and the Avs goaltender (73 of 74 saves in two games) was 2nd.
So did Walt really tip-in that second goal? I thought from the replays during the game that it showed the puck going off the Wings player's stick.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

abc789987 wrote:So did Walt really tip-in that second goal? I thought from the replays during the game that it showed the puck going off the Wings player's stick.
He definitely didn't touch that puck on that goal. That should be EJ's goal. I'm was very surprised that it wasn't fixed shortly after they announced the goal, not to mention that it still hasn't been fixed (and won't be). They did that to Backes last year when he scored four (should've been five) goals against Detroit.
I love hockey. Period.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

No, I don't think he ever touched it. However, Johnson nor anyone else corrected the goal and it stands now.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

SIU LAW wrote:However, Johnson nor anyone else corrected the goal and it stands now.
Do the players have influence over who was credited with a goal? I mean, if it needed to be reviewed, again, can they request that?
I love hockey. Period.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I'm just happy that the Flying Tire fans didn't burn down Sweden. Or get it foreclosed upon by the Swiss.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Sweetred95ta wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:However, Johnson nor anyone else corrected the goal and it stands now.
Do the players have influence over who was credited with a goal? I mean, if it needed to be reviewed, again, can they request that?
I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I am fairly certain that if the game officials fail to look it over, a player can request a review. I thought I had read or was told about this situation before. I think there is a pretty narrow window for stats to be corrected.

A player may also politely deny that he was the last person to touch the puck when asked by an on-ice official.

For example -- Backes had two or more goals than he was credited last year, but he did not pursue it. If you recall he probably had a 5th goal in that game against Detroit. There was another game was Perron was given the goal instead Backes. I think there were one or two others as well.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

SIU LAW wrote: A player may also politely deny that he was the last person to touch the puck when asked by an on-ice official.

When asked, Walt replied...."What puck? Where am I? Do you get Matlock over here?"

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:Having said that, was anyone else happy to hear someone else call the Blues that wasn't John Kelly? I would take someone rooting for Detroit everyday of the week over Kelly!
I'd take the sound of dead turtles being scraped across velcro over Kelly..................

Too bad Panger couldn't bring Strades with him.....