GDT:Home Opener.THRASHERS at BLUES, FS-MW(HD),KMOX 1120

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT:Home Opener.THRASHERS at BLUES, FS-MW(HD),KMOX 1120

Post by drwoland »

Sydor blows. End of story.

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

Oh Sydor...

Good job standing there and screening your goalie. That was an incredible shot from Kovalchuk, but geez, Daryl may want to make the next one a little more difficult for him.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

What in the bloody hell? Why?!

Ace
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Ace »

Is Oshie the slowest player on the Blues?

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Sydor sucks.

Murray needs to stop juggling the (Franking) lines. After you score 9 goals on the wings, you don't (Franking) juggle the lines.

Murray needs to stop getting on his knees for anyone over 30. Seriously, Sydor is (Franking) terrible. If we're gonna lose because of terrible defense, let it at least be someone young who will learn from it.

Backes was absolute garbage tonight. Every time I saw him, he was either wiffing on a perfetly set up scoring chance or losing the puck or doing something else stupid.

Goon is right. This team is playing like a bunch of pussies.

Patrick who?

Someone didn't hustle back on Kovalchuk's empty netter. I'm sure it was someone who otherwise had a decent game, but Murray will bench them anyway and run Sydor out there, because he's (Franking) Murray.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Darryl Sydor is the shat and you all know it.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

BTW - It looked like Boyes scored that goal that they gave to Polak.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Just got home and got the boys put to bed. Can anyone tell me how the hell you can beat Detroit back-to-back and then lose to Atlanta?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I would guess that traveling thousands of miles would have something to do with it.

Turn the page. Kovo is a playa and Sydor was terrible. We'll see Saturday whether it's just a hiccup or something to be concerned about.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

[quote="Nyghtewynd"][b]I would guess that traveling thousands of miles would have something to do with it.[/b]

Turn the page. Kovo is a playa and Sydor was terrible. We'll see Saturday whether it's just a hiccup or something to be concerned about.[/quote]

They had plenty of time to get sleep and adjust to the time. They were well rested. The problem was that they had a let-down after beating their arch enemy and rival 2 games, and playing a relatively weak team in their own home opener. The Blues felt like they could win by just stepping out on the ice. I hope they take this as a lesson. I hope Weaver sits out against The Kings and Pietrangelo plays. I hope someone can teach colaiacovo how to play the point on the PP. Otherwise, they'd better take him off. Although, he did have one very nice shot from there tonight. But, he's really got to learn how to keep the puck in, and keep in front of his man to prevent breakaways. He seems to react very slowly when he loses control of the puck, or doesn't get it on his stick as he expected.

The Blues lost too many races for the puck, and let Atlanta dictate the play. Let's hope that doesn't happen in most of their games.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I didn't think the game was that lopsided. Atlanta is better then people think.

It was a loss, and it sucked, but it's the third game and I thought the Blues actually played the better game overall... Atlanta just made them pay for every mistake.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

no aggression or hitting = loss

Saskatkachuk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Saskatkachuk »

kodos wrote:I didn't think the game was that lopsided. Atlanta is better then people think.

It was a loss, and it sucked, but it's the third game and I thought the Blues actually played the better game overall... Atlanta just made them pay for every mistake.
I agree with this. Have to give credit to their goalie Pavalec who robbed Oshie (I think) on a wrap-around early in the 1st and was solid all night. Blues didn't bury a number of our chances. Steen has been awesome. Would like to see Janssen draw in to replace Winchester or Crombeen to keep those guys hungry.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

glen a richter wrote:Blues 2
Thrashers 4

I don't know what effect, if any, the traveling cross-ocean is going to have on the team, but I suspect they'll come out rusty and get it together too late. Hopefully I'm wrong.
:cry:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Saskatkachuk wrote:
kodos wrote:I didn't think the game was that lopsided. Atlanta is better then people think.

I agree with this. Have to give credit to their goalie Pavalec who robbed Oshie (I think) on a wrap-around early in the 1st and was solid all night. Blues didn't bury a number of our chances. Steen has been awesome. Would like to see Janssen draw in to replace Winchester or Crombeen to keep those guys hungry.
That was Burglund with the wrap-around attempt, and then he was done for the game.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

I thought we played rather flat footed. That leads to blown assigments and lossing battles for free pucks. Sloppy play all around. I knoe history told us we'd probably be rather flat the first five or so games back from overseas, but I thought perhaps with all the youthful exuberance we could be the exception.

44, 5, 43 were ALL TERRIBLE

Murray need's to leave the 'frankn' lines alone.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

I thought we looked good at times and horrible at others. We had no consistency. Mason made some big saves on some point blank shots to keep the score from being worse than it was. I agree with everyones' complaints, and I want to add one of my own. Erik Johnson needs to be more patient with his slapshot opportunities. It seems like he's forcing it, big time.
I love hockey. Period.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Sweetred95ta wrote:We had no consistency.

Kind of hard when you have different line-mates every shift! :evil:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Don't get me wrong... it was still a loss and they still looked bad... but it wasn't anything to panic over. A bounce or two this way or that and this was the kind of sloppy game you can win.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Something that I mentioned after game 2: E.J. needs to move the puck. He has to stop trying to skate the puck up like he's Bobby Orr. Teams are catching him.

It was a bad game, teams have those. I'm not too worried. I just hate seeing this team play so well against the Wings and fall flat on their face against the Eastern Conference Thrashers. If the Coyotes can beat the Penguins, we can beat the Thrashers.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak