GDT: Blues vs. Kings (7:05 PM; FSM, KMOX)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Kings (7:05 PM; FSM, KMOX)

Post by section319 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
section319 wrote:Hopefully having until Friday before they play again will help them get their shit together.

And I think Murray playing Cam over Berglund had more to do with sending a message to Berglund than it was to get more productivity with Cam over Bergs. And I thought Petro looked pretty good in our own end when he was out there, he seemed poised and didn't seem nervous or hurried.

We still haven't found much of a transition game, but that goes back to the shitty passing.
I don't know man, there was one shift in particular that Petro lost the puck twice in his own end. I wanna say it was in the second period. Overall though, he did look better than Jackman :grin: .

When has that ever stopped someone from playing defense for us?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

You know what, I had forgotten just how talented EJ was. For someone who is 21 and hasn't played in a year he looks amazing. Yes, he seems to be trying a little to hard, but this kid is a special kind of talent.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

kodos wrote:You know what, I had forgotten just how talented EJ was. For someone who is 21 and hasn't played in a year he looks amazing. Yes, he seems to be trying a little to hard, but this kid is a special kind of talent.
1st overall, I sure hope so!!
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:If Murray is going to play this sending a message game, he needs to sit Oshie next game. He has been dreadful this season thus far IMO. Playing him because he is a fan favorite does not do it for me.

I'm glad it's not just me.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

OS wrote:This team could easily be 0-4.
I completely agree. We got lucky that Osgood and Howard played like shit when we played Detroit.
I love hockey. Period.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

section319 wrote:The passing was horrible.
This stuck out to me more than anything. It's sickening to watch a team like Detroit play a great puck possession game, or think about the way the Slovak line used to cycle the puck, and then watch this Blues team knock the puck around like they were playing shuffleboard or something. These forwards should have the talent to make tape-to-tape passes and control the puck for more than 5 seconds at a time. Of course, it would probably help if they didn't have new lines every shift and actually knew who they were playing with and where they might be on the ice.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

big d note wrote:
section319 wrote:The passing was horrible.
This stuck out to me more than anything. It's sickening to watch a team like Detroit play a great puck possession game, or think about the way the Slovak line used to cycle the puck, and then watch this Blues team knock the puck around like they were playing shuffleboard or something. These forwards should have the talent to make tape-to-tape passes and control the puck for more than 5 seconds at a time. Of course, it would probably help if they didn't have new lines every shift and actually knew who they were playing with and where they might be on the ice.
I've been thinking the same thing, except more like Curling than shuffleboard.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald